1953 Nash Statesman 2d-grn&blk-hiddenfiller=mx=.jpg (1/1) 245318 bytes

Old July 8th 07, 08:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures,alt.binaries.pictures.autos

Default 1953 Nash Statesman 2d-grn&blk-hiddenfiller=mx=.jpg (1/1) 245318 bytes

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1953 Nash Statesman 2d-grn&blk-hiddenfiller=mx=.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	239.6 KB
ID:	79081
Old July 8th 07, 09:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Zinc[_2_]

Default 1953 Nash Statesman 2d-grn&blk-hiddenfiller=mx=.jpg 245318 bytes

Nope. Didn't know that. It must have been an experience for a young gas
station attendant to find the cap.

--
Z~

..

http://www.usenet.com
Old July 8th 07, 09:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
MagisterMax

There was a real fad about hiding gas fillers back then. Maybe we should do
a collection of pictures of all the cars we can think of that hid their gas
fillers in some way or other. I can think of the Continental Mk II, the 56
and 57 Chevrolets, these Farina Nashes, and some Cadillacs for a start.
There must have been others as well. Anyone....? Didn't the 57 and 58
Oldsmobiles also hide them behind the rear lights or at least the trim below
the lights?

Max

Old July 8th 07, 10:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Roger[_5_]

In article >,
"Zinc" > wrote:

> Nope. Didn't know that. It must have been an experience for a young gas
> station attendant to find the cap.

GearHeads caught on to such things very quickly.
Old July 8th 07, 12:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Roadsign[_2_]

"MagisterMax" > wrote in

> There was a real fad about hiding gas fillers back then. Maybe we
> should do a collection of pictures of all the cars we can think of
> that hid their gas fillers in some way or other. I can think of the
> Continental Mk II, the 56 and 57 Chevrolets, these Farina Nashes, and
> some Cadillacs for a start. There must have been others as well.
> Anyone....? Didn't the 57 and 58 Oldsmobiles also hide them behind
> the rear lights or at least the trim below the lights?
>
> Max

If I am not mistaken, the 57 Oldsmobile gas cap was "hidden" behind the
trim piece below the driver's side tailight. It hinged upward revealing the
gas cap. On the 98 and Super 88 this trim piece was chrome and on the 88 it
was painted to match the car with an "88" badge on it.

RS
Old July 8th 07, 07:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Zinc[_2_]

Default 1953 Nash Statesman 2d-grn&blk-hiddenfiller=mx=.jpg 245318 bytes - "1948 Tucker 48 green gas cap.jpg"

This one gets my vote for best hidden fuel cap. And it's a few years before
the fad.

Not my legs, btw.

--
Z~

On 8-Jul-2007, "MagisterMax" > wrote:

> There was a real fad about hiding gas fillers back then. Maybe we should
> do
> a collection of pictures of all the cars we can think of that hid their
> gas
> fillers in some way or other. I can think of the Continental Mk II, the
> 56
> and 57 Chevrolets, these Farina Nashes, and some Cadillacs for a start.
> There must have been others as well. Anyone....? Didn't the 57 and 58
> Oldsmobiles also hide them behind the rear lights or at least the trim
> below
> the lights?
>
> Max
>
> "Zinc" > wrote in message
> > Nope. Didn't know that. It must have been an experience for a young gas
> > station attendant to find the cap.
> >
> > --
> > Z~

..

http://www.usenet.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1948 Tucker 48 green gas cap.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	229.6 KB
ID:	79204
Old July 9th 07, 03:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
MagisterMax

Good one. I'd never have thought of that one even though I think I've seen
this shown. Imagine driving up to the pumps and letting the poor attendant
look for it? He would already have been completely overcome just from
seeing a Tucker never mind getting his hands on one.

max

Old July 9th 07, 03:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
MagisterMax

Default 1952 Nash - 3 52 NASH gas cap photo PR.jpg

Great picture. Imagine making this kind of thing a sales point. Of course,
they didn't have power everything back then so had to resort to little toys
for entertainment.

max

Old July 9th 07, 07:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
ROY BRAGG

The 58 Olds hid the cap under a hinged charome piece at the top of the left
taillight. Also, the 58 Pontiac hid it behind the left backup light. I
worked part time in gas stations during that period, and it was always an
adventure, but Buick hid theirs behind the Buick emblem in the center of the
car in the mid to late 60;s.
Roy

Old July 9th 07, 07:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.automobile.pictures,alt.binaries.pictures.autos
MagisterMax

Thanks for adding to the list, Roy. I didn't know about the 58 Pontiac nor
about the Buick.

Max