1965 Dodge Coronet "old school" funny car - 1965 Dodge Coronet old school funny car fvr 62207.JPG (1/1)

Old June 25th 07, 04:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Dan Edwards

Default 1965 Dodge Coronet "old school" funny car - 1965 Dodge Coronet old school funny car fvr 62207.JPG (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1965 Dodge Coronet old school funny car fvr 62207.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	316.6 KB
ID:	76061
Old June 25th 07, 12:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
HEMI-Powered[_2_]

Dan Edwards added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

> Attachment decoded: 1965 Dodge Coronet old school funny car
> fvr 62207.JPG `

Great pictures! Any idea if this is an original car or a clone?
Friends that were drag racers in the late 1950s into the 1960s tell
me that the vast majority of the real engines and cars were simply
junked when the next better model came along (in the case of an
engine) or if the car builder got a better idea. This car is so
pristine it leads me to believe it is a clone, but I'm hardly sure
of that.

--
HP, aka Jerry
Old June 25th 07, 01:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Dan Edwards

"HEMI-Powered" > wrote in message
> Dan Edwards added these comments in the current discussion du
> jour ...
>

> > Attachment decoded: 1965 Dodge Coronet old school funny car
> > fvr 62207.JPG `

> Great pictures! Any idea if this is an original car or a clone?
> Friends that were drag racers in the late 1950s into the 1960s tell
> me that the vast majority of the real engines and cars were simply
> junked when the next better model came along (in the case of an
> engine) or if the car builder got a better idea. This car is so
> pristine it leads me to believe it is a clone, but I'm hardly sure
> of that.
>
> --
> HP, aka Jerry

Once again, I'm at a loss for a correct answer due to owner unavailability.
I tend to lean in the same direction as you do regarding the car being a
clone. Just a feeling I had while looking over the car.

-Dan-

Old June 25th 07, 03:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
HEMI-Powered[_2_]

Dan Edwards added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

>> Great pictures! Any idea if this is an original car or a
>> clone? Friends that were drag racers in the late 1950s into
>> the 1960s tell me that the vast majority of the real engines
>> and cars were simply junked when the next better model came
>> along (in the case of an engine) or if the car builder got a
>> better idea. This car is so pristine it leads me to believe
>> it is a clone, but I'm hardly sure of that.
>>

> Once again, I'm at a loss for a correct answer due to owner
> unavailability. I tend to lean in the same direction as you do
> regarding the car being a clone. Just a feeling I had while
> looking over the car.

When I shoot WW@WD, the owners are at work so I can't talk to them.
At CEMA, they set up law chairs, umbrellas, and coolers for cold
drinks and lunches and make a day of it. At the various pre-cruise
events for the Woodward Dream Cruise, the owners are almost always
around but sometimes they scoot. You seem to have a really hard
time finding these people. I just can't believe they'd leave such a
valuable car as this one or many of the others you shoot
unattended. Where do you think they go?

--
HP, aka Jerry
Old June 25th 07, 04:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Dan Edwards

"HEMI-Powered" > wrote in message
> Dan Edwards added these comments in the current discussion du
> jour ...
>
> >> Great pictures! Any idea if this is an original car or a
> >> clone? Friends that were drag racers in the late 1950s into
> >> the 1960s tell me that the vast majority of the real engines
> >> and cars were simply junked when the next better model came
> >> along (in the case of an engine) or if the car builder got a
> >> better idea. This car is so pristine it leads me to believe
> >> it is a clone, but I'm hardly sure of that.
> >>

> > Once again, I'm at a loss for a correct answer due to owner
> > unavailability. I tend to lean in the same direction as you do
> > regarding the car being a clone. Just a feeling I had while
> > looking over the car.
> >

> When I shoot WW@WD, the owners are at work so I can't talk to them.
> At CEMA, they set up law chairs, umbrellas, and coolers for cold
> drinks and lunches and make a day of it. At the various pre-cruise
> events for the Woodward Dream Cruise, the owners are almost always
> around but sometimes they scoot.

My guess is, the Woodward Dream Cruise is a much larger event than the ones
I shoot at. Plus, I'm certain that the cars at the WDC are much more
pristine than the ones I get to see here in Dayton. They're not as "cherry"
as my photos might lead one to believe. And that's not to say that my
photos are so great. I just mean that sometimes the camera doesn't show the
flaw details very readily.

Yes I do!!! ****es me off sometimes!!! <grin>

I just can't believe they'd leave such a
> valuable car as this one or many of the others you shoot
> unattended. Where do you think they go?

Most of the people in the Greater Dayton area are pretty much just "down
home folks", mainly originating from Kentucky and Tennessee. They tend to
like to get up and walk around, mingling with the other car owners, many of
them knowing each other. Sometimes the wives or girlfriends of the owners
will be sitting there, minding the car but, they usually don't know too much
about the car itself. Maybe the year but not much detail. They don't seem to
be interested in something that takes the attention away from /them/!!!
<grin>

-Dan-