hybrid battery thoughts

Old December 27th 08, 02:15 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Alan B. Mac Farlane

Default hybrid battery thoughts

in article ,
at
wrote on 12/26/08 4:04 PM:

> so if this idea were posible,rechargeing may be
> alot faster than say the 8 hours for most electric cars. and the
> capacitor may weigh alot less that the batteries we use today..

all batteries deteroriate ... they get old, they stop working.

for example, having a battery shaped like a car body, need a new body every
4 years ... lets say ... when it wears out.

capacitors are the same thing ... the more you use them, the more they go to
poop.

there are some people putting like 20,000 computer battery in a car, last 2
years ... really puts out ... good product ... just costs like $50,000 to
replace every two years.

so that the is engineering itch for everything ... heat kills it, use kills
it, and it breaks, some real fast ... as they are used fast.

slow battery charge, makes for slow battery death.

battery sometimes have a 'sponge' memory .. and they never fully discharge,
nor fully recharge ... as you can never squeeze them out enough.

soooo eventually the battery is just fine, just will not fill up as there is
no capacity to fill up from the sponge memory problem.

the best way right now to make electicity for a hybrid .. is to put a solar
panel on the sliding roof window for example ... and daylight keeps the
passive fan going on so the inner car will not get hotter then outside temp
.... which might be 108 degrees F ... but it is not 140 inside and the
battery is hot to go.

making fuel cells ... is a BIG RIP OFF ...

making electicity into hydrogen to make into electricity ...

When Governements do this hydrogen technology .. they are just doing an
Enron up you ass !!!

just make the electricity and go direct to what you want.

Toss away Solar panels ... and make a Tacheyon Field Generator .. to suck
off the big bang energy field to make electricty 24 hours a day for what
ever you want to use it for.

fly airplanes, what ever you can put to work and spin off of ...

sumbuddie wear blind sea

Old December 27th 08, 02:40 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Scott Dorsey

wrote on 12/26/08 4:04 PM:

>> so if this idea were posible,rechargeing may be
>> alot faster than say the 8 hours for most electric cars. and the
>> capacitor may weigh alot less that the batteries we use today..

>all batteries deteroriate ... they get old, they stop working.

This is true. But, what makes batteries deteriorate is mostly abuse, and
the thing about modern technology is that we now can have battery monitoring
computers that make sure all cells are charged and discharged evenly and that
no cells get overcharged or overdischarged. This _radically_ extends battery
life.

>capacitors are the same thing ... the more you use them, the more they go to
>poop.

No, capacitors are a totally different thing. Conventional electrostatic
capacitors don't fail when they are used, all of the failure modes have
to do with catastrophic damage. Electrolytic capacitors fail in a bunch
of different ways, mostly related to heat or disuse but not to use.

>there are some people putting like 20,000 computer battery in a car, last 2
>years ... really puts out ... good product ... just costs like $50,000 to
>replace every two years.

Who are these people?

>slow battery charge, makes for slow battery death.

This is for two reasons: first of all it means reduced heating and secondly
it means with a conventional charging system the chances of overcharging
are reduced. The second is no longer a big deal, but the first one still
is. But the key to reducing heating problems is with lower series resistance
batteries... in general the same technology required to get faster discharge
is the same as the technology that gets faster charging.

>battery sometimes have a 'sponge' memory .. and they never fully discharge,
>nor fully recharge ... as you can never squeeze them out enough.

This was the case for early NiCd packs, but it was ONLY an issue for
NiCds and it has not been the case since the mid-1970s. You can read
about the whole story in the Gates Battery Handbook.

>the best way right now to make electicity for a hybrid .. is to put a solar
>panel on the sliding roof window for example ... and daylight keeps the
>passive fan going on so the inner car will not get hotter then outside temp
>... which might be 108 degrees F ... but it is not 140 inside and the
>battery is hot to go.

Do the math. Even at 100% efficiency, solar cells don't give you very
much current unless you have a huge area. And typical cells today are
a lot less than 100% efficient.... 10% is optimistic.

>making fuel cells ... is a BIG RIP OFF ...
>
>making electicity into hydrogen to make into electricity ...
>
>When Governements do this hydrogen technology .. they are just doing an
>Enron up you ass !!!

No, it's not a ripoff, it is just an energy storage technology just like
batteries, and what's interesting is that it gives you much higher energy
density than batteries. Making electricity into hydrogen, putting it into
a car, then turning it into electricity when needed allows you to put a
lot more energy on board than putting it into a battery. Now, battery
technology might improve, but right now fuels give you a whole lot more
watts per pound.

It's true that some people have been promoting hydrogen power as some sort
of cure-all, as if it were an energy _source_ instead of an energy _storage
medium_, but that's no reason to discount it completely.
--scott
Old December 27th 08, 11:19 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Dean Dark

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 09:12:10 -0800, "Alan B. Mac Farlane"
> wrote:

>well then ... why not just drain out the depleted 'electrolyte' and pour in
>newer charged electrolyte ... and go down the road for the next 500 miles or
>so.

Do you know what happens to anodes and cathodes during the
charge/recharge cycle? Do you have *any* idea how a battery works?

(apologies in advance to everyone else for taking the bait)
--
Dan.
Old December 28th 08, 04:55 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Alan B. Mac Farlane

in article , Dean Dark at
wrote on 12/27/08 3:19 PM:

> Do you know what happens to anodes and cathodes during the
> charge/recharge cycle? Do you have *any* idea how a battery works?
>
> (apologies in advance to everyone else for taking the bait)
> --
> Dan.

it is a chemical process Dan ... as I am sure you are well aware of.

in Lead Acid Battery ... there is a white coating on the lead plates, much
like the brown crust that is one baked bread.

Every time the battery charges and discharges ... that 'crust' comes off and
settles down to the bottom of the battery.

When that crust is all gone, the battery will not work anymore.

They have it down to an exact science now ... a 48 month battery will be
dead by 48 months and 2 weeks almost always.

try to do something about your toddler tantrum, it was not handled well in
your childhood by your parent objects ... much like the Mark of Cain there
is one up - one down stuff you got going on talking to people.

Oh ... you are soooo pretty and I am sooo ugly I have to kill you so that
God will say I am the fairest one of them all and have to love meeee !!1

it goes some thing like that ... and there is Jonestown with the Koolaid
Christians and the Gas Chamber Jews.

Such is the toddler tantrum ... as it foxing wants to kill something ...

hope that is a help to you.

I am not interested in fighting with you ... but you go ahead with out me.

sumbuddie wear blind sea

Old December 28th 08, 05:41 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Dean Dark

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 08:55:25 -0800, "Alan B. Mac Farlane"
> wrote:

>I am not interested in fighting with you ... but you go ahead with out me.

No thanks, I just wanted to see what your explanation would be of how
a battery works.

"Brown crust," eh? Very scientific...

That's it from me, carry on.
--
Dan.
Old December 28th 08, 07:53 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Scott Dorsey

Alan B. Mac Farlane > wrote:
>in article , Scott Dorsey at
>> Making electricity into hydrogen, putting it into
>> a car, then turning it into electricity when needed allows you to put a
>> lot more energy on board than putting it into a battery.

>well then ... why not just drain out the depleted 'electrolyte' and pour in
>newer charged electrolyte ... and go down the road for the next 500 miles or
>so.

For the same reason that changing the tires is not a replacement for filling
the tank up with gasoline.

>you talk like a person stuck in their toddler tantrum necessary so because
>of child abuse ...

And you talk like someone who has no concept how any of this stuff
works, and what is dangerous is that someone might actually believe
you.

>pouring the electricity into the work at hand is better then storing it the
>very expensive way as it has no waste ... by having the electricity make
>hydrogen that then makes electicity ... with waste every step of the way.

You really need to get a copy of the Gates Battery Handbook and read it over.
It will give you some basic information about elementary electrochemistry.

>tacheyon field generators work 24 hours a day ...

Made-up technology isn't generally very effective, though.
--scott