Leave dangerous drivers alone

Old July 11th 06, 04:42 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Leave dangerous drivers alone

when a dangerous driver is tailgaiting you without any justification,
the best thing is to do nothing. I find that if I blow the horn when
they pass, I infuriate them even more . you would expect some kind of
apologetic look, but instead you get their increased fury. so i have
learned to just let them be. what do others do?

today i blew the horn against some dumb lady in a minivan who was
tailgaiting me while I was in teh slow lane and she had her hands off
the wheel fixing her ugly hair. when i blew the horn she threw some
bottle out the window at me and cursed me in spanish. i don't get it?

Old July 11th 06, 01:40 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
N8N

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> On 10 Jul 2006 20:42:10 -0700, wrote:
>
> >when a dangerous driver is tailgaiting you without any justification,
> >the best thing is to do nothing.

> I drive fast enough that I am seldom, if ever, tailgated.
>
> On those rare occasions that I am, it's usually because there is
> traffic in front blocking me (e.g. an LLB) In that case, I ease off
> the throttle and slow down very gradually to increase my following
> distance. That way, if the car ahead of me has to stop suddenly, I can
> stop more gradually and hopefully avoid having some idiot tailgater
> end up parked in my trunk. It also has the handy side effect of
> encouraging them to pass if it is possible to do so.

The last time I did this (I was driving the Porsche, and the guy behind
me in one of those POS Escalades was so close that his headlights
disappeared over the top of my rear window) the guy laid on the horn
because he thought I wasn't keeping up with traffic enough. I pulled
over on the left shoulder (stop and go traffic) and waved him by and he
got all confrontational and abusive (with a few racist comments thrown
in for good measure.) I think this would qualify as one of the very,
very few real road rage incidents I've seen that I was referring to in
a recent post.

> Often if I am stuck behind an LLB, and I see an aggressive driver
> approaching from behind, I'll duck back into the right lane and let
> the aggressive guy ride the LLB's ass. Then I'll swing back in behind
> Mr. Aggressive and allow him to clear a path through the LLBs for me.
>
> Kinda like the Ninja who stands aside and allows his two enemies to
> fight each other until they wear themselves out, and then kicks their
> asses.

That's a good plan, if you can make it work

nate

Old July 11th 06, 03:54 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
morticide

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> On 11 Jul 2006 05:40:45 -0700, "N8N" > wrote:
>
> >> Often if I am stuck behind an LLB, and I see an aggressive driver
> >> approaching from behind, I'll duck back into the right lane and let
> >> the aggressive guy ride the LLB's ass. Then I'll swing back in behind
> >> Mr. Aggressive and allow him to clear a path through the LLBs for me.
> >>
> >> Kinda like the Ninja who stands aside and allows his two enemies to
> >> fight each other until they wear themselves out, and then kicks their
> >> asses.

> >That's a good plan, if you can make it work

> I do it all the time - believe me, it DOES work!
> --
> What the heck, I'll play too.
> - Dave

Certainly...it worked quite well for me returning home from Seattle via
the Nebraska-bahn last Friday.

Old July 11th 06, 10:49 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Allen Seth Dunn

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> when a dangerous driver is tailgaiting you without any justification,
> the best thing is to do nothing. I find that if I blow the horn when
> they pass, I infuriate them even more . you would expect some kind of
> apologetic look, but instead you get their increased fury. so i have
> learned to just let them be. what do others do?
>
> today i blew the horn against some dumb lady in a minivan who was
> tailgaiting me while I was in teh slow lane and she had her hands off
> the wheel fixing her ugly hair. when i blew the horn she threw some
> bottle out the window at me and cursed me in spanish. i don't get it?

If I get tailgated in the slow lane, I slow down. I will slow down as far as
it takes (without actually stopping) to get them to pass me or get off my
butt. I've slowed to 40 MPH in a 55 MPH zone in traffic doing 70+ MPH in the
other lanes to get them to get the idea. Has worked every time for me. But
of course, if it doesn't, pulling off the road or at the next exit
(depending on the road) does just as well.

Old July 12th 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,alt.politics.usa

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 14:18:17 GMT, laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE
> was understood to have stated the following:

>I don't doubt it. Americans are psychopathic drivers but mexicans are
>even worse. One more reason to say no more beaners whether legal or
>illegal or temporary.

If you think the country is such a cess pool, why don't you move?

Oh, that's right, you've got "friends" at the local bath houses.
Sorry, I forgot about that.

---

"Do we operate under a system of equal justice under law? Or is there one system for the average citizen and another for the high and mighty?" ~ Senator Ted Kennedy, 1973

--

El Pollo Loco (Laura Bush Murdered Her Boyfriend) demonstrates it's complete gullibility, stupidity, and state of delusion when it falls for an April Fool's joke, hook, line, and sinker:

Ragnar wrote:
> Gods, you're dumb. Its a rather obvious April Fool's joke. And you're
> the Fool.

This is no joke.
Old July 12th 06, 12:37 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,alt.politics.usa
Arif Khokar

morticide wrote:

> You think Americans and Mexicans are bad...try the ragheads in the
> Middle East for pure pucker factor.

Tum ko phanchod gora.
Old July 12th 06, 05:09 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

Mothers) said in rec.autos.driving:
> If you think the country is such a cess pool, why don't you move?
>
> Oh, that's right, you've got "friends" at the local bath houses.
> Sorry, I forgot about that.

Many of those countries where Loco Laura's "lock 'em up," mentality
would go over splendidly would be ready to skin it alive when they
learned of its proclivity for bath houses. Think we could get Loco Laura
a one-way ticket to Saudi Arabia?

--
"My tars have been bald for two years.
Every month i glue some sandpaper to them and

--Laura Buch murdered her boyfriend
/ laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE 10/25/05

Message ID:
http://tinyurl.com/7p7xq