97 Headlights

Old January 14th 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default 97 Headlights

Got new ultra clear headlights for my son's 97 V6--what we didn't get was
instructions/directions on how to change them out. I've seen instructions
someplace on the web but can't seem to find them now. Can anybody please
help with guidance on how to change out these housings?

Thanks,

BOB

Oh yea, anybody in the Northern Va area have a stock hood that will fit?
His got crumpled in the front and they want ~$500 locally to replace it.

Old January 14th 06, 07:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

You could try the regional forum for your area at www.stangnet.com;

http://forums.stangnet.com/

Old January 15th 06, 03:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

In article >, Bob Lewit wrote:
> Got new ultra clear headlights for my son's 97 V6--what we didn't get was
> instructions/directions on how to change them out. I've seen instructions
> someplace on the web but can't seem to find them now. Can anybody please
> help with guidance on how to change out these housings?

the knock off cobra lights would be better than these look-good type
designs... anyway that aside, you need to remove the marker lamps, two
bolts inside the fenders on each. there are three plastic nuts/clips that
hold the headlamps in via the aiming screws. One plastic nut has a metal
clip on the plastic nut. Remove the metal clip. the other two have one
way plastic leaf clips in the plastic nut. These need to be squeezed in
while pulling the headlamp out. I used needle nose pliers. It's a bit of
a pain.

Get a rough aiming by seting the plastic nuts on the new headlamps to the
same spots as the stock ones. just line things up and push them in to
install. Put metal clip back in place. put marker lamps back on. At best
have the lamps aimed. ('97 lamps require the aiming machine) if not
possible at least check by sitting in another car as if on coming traffic
and as someone in front of it that they do not glare.