Best online parts supplier for 63 roadster, small block?

Old May 24th 05, 12:39 AM
lib

Default Best online parts supplier for 63 roadster, small block?

I need to by many mechanical parts (clutch assmbly, brake shoes+lines,
carb. kit, hoses, etc.) for my car that's been garaged for apporx. 22 yrs.
I'm having the work done by a mechanic friend who has a garage near where
the car is (Washington state). I live 2 states away but want to buy the
parts online and have them delivered to him. Any referrals or
recommendations for reliable and reasonable suppliers? Thanx- Lib

Old May 24th 05, 04:51 AM
WayneC

lib wrote:
> I need to by many mechanical parts (clutch assmbly, brake shoes+lines,
> carb. kit, hoses, etc.) for my car that's been garaged for apporx. 22 yrs.
> I'm having the work done by a mechanic friend who has a garage near where
> the car is (Washington state). I live 2 states away but want to buy the
> parts online and have them delivered to him. Any referrals or
> recommendations for reliable and reasonable suppliers? Thanx- Lib

There are many, including:

Long Island Corvette Supply
http://www.licorvette.com

Paragon Reproductions
http://www.corvette-paragon.com

Van Steel
http://www.vansteel.com
Old May 24th 05, 05:24 AM
StingRay

"lib" > wrote in message
> I need to by many mechanical parts (clutch assmbly, brake shoes+lines,
> carb. kit, hoses, etc.) for my car that's been garaged for apporx. 22 yrs.
> I'm having the work done by a mechanic friend who has a garage near where
> the car is (Washington state). I live 2 states away but want to buy the
> parts online and have them delivered to him. Any referrals or
> recommendations for reliable and reasonable suppliers? Thanx- Lib

Lib, while restoring my '63 roadster I have ordered many, many parts through
Corvette Central in Sawyer, Michigan and have never had a problem with
service or product quality. Their prices are very competitive.

www.corvettecentral.com

Old May 24th 05, 12:27 PM
Kickstart

> I need to by many mechanical parts (clutch assmbly, brake shoes+lines,
> carb. kit, hoses, etc.) for my car that's been garaged for apporx. 22 yrs.

http://www.vbandp.com

good source for brakes and suspension

kickstart

Old May 25th 05, 07:03 AM
Tom in Missouri

A lot of parts are easily obtainable by your local auto parts store.

Things like clutches, brake hoses (not lines), brake shoes, carb kits, etc.
can readily be found at the LAPS and if not, usually delivered in a day or
two from their warehouse, versus the week or more wait on the Corvette
specialty houses. Plus they are often cheaper. A place like Advanced Auto
or Pep Boys buy millions of brake shoes and gets a much better break on
price than a specialty house buying a few thousand at most.

You need the Corvette specialty houses for some parts like brake lines,
because LAPS stock standard length lines (12 in, 18 in, 36 in, etc.) and
they are not custom sized to fit a Corvette.

Old May 29th 05, 03:53 PM
lib

Thanks to all for the parts info. FYI ; the nearest parts house is over an
hour round trip and I don't want to take up his spare time and $'s buying
parts- Lib

ink.net...

Old May 30th 05, 11:17 PM
Tom in Missouri

If he is telling you what parts are needed, then run to YOUR local auto
parts store and get them. Then you have an excuse to go visit him and see
the car.

The whole brake kit (shoes, springs, hoses, hardware) is around $120 but I
bought all mine locally for about $60. Then FedEx as they are cheaper than
UPS.

The brake lines you need to order from Ecklers, Vette Brakes and Products
(St. Petersburg, FL), Corvette Central, The Last Detail Corvette Parts,
Volunteer, Paragon, Dr. Rebuild, etc.