Why Consumer's report doesn't recommend the Versa??

Old August 9th 10, 12:48 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
VFW

Default Why Consumer's report doesn't recommend the Versa??

they have listed th '07 Nissan Versa as not worth buying.
Anyone have experience with one. It's the first yr. for that model.
bugs?
--
Money! What a concept.
Old August 9th 10, 01:24 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_4_]

On 8/8/2010 1:48 PM, VFW wrote:
> they have listed th '07 Nissan Versa as not worth buying.
> Anyone have experience with one. It's the first yr. for that model.
> bugs?

My guess it's because it the first yr. for that model. I have rode in a
Versa a few times. It's an OK car. My main impression was that it's
pretty roomy. My friend drives his company's Versa to make deliveries.
Seems like a real boring car.
Old August 9th 10, 08:29 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
sctvguy1[_2_]

dsi1 wrote:

> On 8/8/2010 1:48 PM, VFW wrote:
>> they have listed th '07 Nissan Versa as not worth buying.
>> Anyone have experience with one. It's the first yr. for that model.
>> bugs?

> My guess it's because it the first yr. for that model. I have rode in a
> Versa a few times. It's an OK car. My main impression was that it's
> pretty roomy. My friend drives his company's Versa to make deliveries.
> Seems like a real boring car.

That is probably the reason the it was listed as "not worth buying"! Boring
is good, as is excellent gas mileage, easy to clean interiors, not a lot of
options to futz up. That is what is wrong with these reviewers, they want
cars to be "exciting, mind-blowing, etc." Hell, it's just a CAR for god's
sake!
Old August 10th 10, 04:14 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Sun, 08 Aug 2010 16:48:21 -0700, VFW wrote:

> they have listed th '07 Nissan Versa as not worth buying.
> Anyone have experience with one. It's the first yr. for that model.
> bugs?

Nah. It's a NISSAN first year model. They have to be in production for a
few years before Consumer Reports will give them a nod.

They are a lot more generous than I am. Go look at a Fit...

Old August 10th 10, 02:23 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
E. Meyer

On 8/9/10 2:29 PM, in article
, "sctvguy1"
> wrote:

> dsi1 wrote:
>
>> On 8/8/2010 1:48 PM, VFW wrote:
>>> they have listed th '07 Nissan Versa as not worth buying.
>>> Anyone have experience with one. It's the first yr. for that model.
>>> bugs?

>> My guess it's because it the first yr. for that model. I have rode in a
>> Versa a few times. It's an OK car. My main impression was that it's
>> pretty roomy. My friend drives his company's Versa to make deliveries.
>> Seems like a real boring car.

> That is probably the reason the it was listed as "not worth buying"! Boring
> is good, as is excellent gas mileage, easy to clean interiors, not a lot of
> options to futz up. That is what is wrong with these reviewers, they want
> cars to be "exciting, mind-blowing, etc." Hell, it's just a CAR for god's
> sake!

It sounds like you've never read Consumer Reports. They couldn't care less
about "exciting, mind-blowing, etc." or they wouldn't have given Toyota a
free pass for all those years. With a few exceptions, they never recommend
any first year car, but if that is the reason, they also say so in the
recommendation column.

Currently (on the website this morning), Consumer Reports' '07 Versa overall
used car verdict is "Average". The '07 is neither on the list of used cars
to avoid nor the recommended list (the '08 is the only Versa on the "avoid"
list, because of reported engine and transmission problems).

Old August 10th 10, 04:26 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
sctvguy1[_2_]

E. Meyer wrote:

> It sounds like you've never read Consumer Reports. They couldn't care
> less about "exciting, mind-blowing, etc." or they wouldn't have given
> Toyota a
> free pass for all those years. With a few exceptions, they never
> recommend any first year car, but if that is the reason, they also say so
> in the recommendation column.

I was thinking more of Motor Trend, Car and Driver, Road and Track,
Automobile, etc. Consumer Reports used to be just straight facts, but has
seemed to be going the same way as the others.

Fit, Versa or Yaris Bob[_46_] Driving 3 June 23rd 08 03:04 AM
Consumer Reports not rich Corvette 2 June 9th 07 03:08 AM
My Rabbit, Caliber, Versa review Jon R. Patrick VW water cooled 2 August 14th 06 03:20 AM
Consumer Report's Bulb Test Richard Chrysler 34 January 4th 06 04:51 PM
newer car with high mileage or vice versa itsme Honda 5 September 18th 05 06:03 AM