Selling a "Grateful Dead" Van Q.

Old June 10th 10, 04:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
VFW

Default Selling a "Grateful Dead" Van Q.

I'm having a so-called "Further" devotee over to viewing my '71
Panel/Van to maybe take it on the road. What decorations / bumper
stickers , feathers , whatever to make it ready to impress. Most
everything works except the CD player.
?
TIA. group
--
Money! What a concept.
Old June 11th 10, 02:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Randall

VFW wrote:
> I'm having a so-called "Further" devotee over to viewing my '71
> Panel/Van to maybe take it on the road. What decorations / bumper
> stickers , feathers , whatever to make it ready to impress. Most
> everything works except the CD player.
> ?
> TIA. group

Don't go on any trip with a non-working CD player. You can't enjoy tunes
of your own choosing blasting from some quality speakers without a CD
player.

You should give it a paint job like this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ima...n=5174&s=music

or one of these:
http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&c... &oq=&gs_rfai=

but don't get caught with any of this stuff on board:
http://www.google.com/images?client=...=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Peace my brother
Old June 11th 10, 01:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John Stafford[_3_]

In article > ,
Randall > wrote:

> VFW wrote:
> > I'm having a so-called "Further" devotee over to viewing my '71
> > Panel/Van to maybe take it on the road. What decorations / bumper
> > stickers , feathers , whatever to make it ready to impress. Most
> > everything works except the CD player.
> > ?
> > TIA. group

> Don't go on any trip with a non-working CD player. You can't enjoy tunes
> of your own choosing blasting from some quality speakers without a CD
> player.

CD, hell! An 8-track player!

I kinda like the ambivalence of a hippie paint-theme along with a couple
"Protected by Smith & Wesson" stickers.
Old June 11th 10, 03:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
VFW

In article >,
John Stafford > wrote:

> In article > ,
> Randall > wrote:
>
> > VFW wrote:
> > > I'm having a so-called "Further" devotee over to viewing my '71
> > > Panel/Van to maybe take it on the road. What decorations / bumper
> > > stickers , feathers , whatever to make it ready to impress. Most
> > > everything works except the CD player.
> > > ?
> > > TIA. group

> > Don't go on any trip with a non-working CD player. You can't enjoy tunes
> > of your own choosing blasting from some quality speakers without a CD
> > player.

> CD, hell! An 8-track player!
>
> I kinda like the ambivalence of a hippie paint-theme along with a couple
> "Protected by Smith & Wesson" stickers.

hey, We don't need "protection" not only do "hippies" share what they
have, locking yo doors only causes thieves to think you have something
of value and they break a window. the cost of the window costs more than
most anything I have in the car.
Like a cab. leave it unlocked because you don't want them cutting the
top to get in. I have not replaced the top on my cab. yet. Ghia Gab sez;
it is not a DIY job. I even heard a story of a guy who wanted his top
done right so he ships the car to Germany to have it done "right"
No one knows what that cost.
Now adaze , it's so easy to spend $20K on a car that then is worth $10K
--
Money! What a concept.
Old June 12th 10, 01:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"VFW" > wrote in message

> Now adaze , it's so easy to spend $20K on a car that then is worth $10K

very common issue when dealing with vw's.... they are the proverbial "labor
of love"...

Old June 12th 10, 02:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
David Gravereaux

On 06/11/2010 05:11 PM, Joey Tribiani wrote:

> "VFW" > wrote in message
>
>> Now adaze , it's so easy to spend $20K on a car that then is worth $10K

> very common issue when dealing with vw's.... they are the proverbial
> "labor of love"...

Then there's the kids who trick-out a new Lexus to give it that 'gansta'
look and wonder why they lost $12K of trade-in value when the dealer
informs them they will have to restore the car so it's sellable.

"But man, that iridescent paint job cast me four Gs!"
"And it'll cost us $2500 to fix, sorry."

Old June 12th 10, 03:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"David Gravereaux" > wrote in message

>Then there's the kids who trick-out a new Lexus to give it that 'gansta'
>look and wonder why they lost $12K of trade-in value when the dealer
>informs them they will have to restore the car so it's sellable.

>"But man, that iridescent paint job cast me four Gs!"
>"And it'll cost us $2500 to fix, sorry."

for sure... that also happens whenever someone "customizes" their ride...
what appeals to them personally may not be universally appealing.

Old June 12th 10, 08:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
The busman

A "PEACE - through superior firepower" bumper sticker would be perfect!

Old June 13th 10, 03:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
VFW

In article >,
"Joey Tribiani" > wrote:

> "VFW" > wrote in message
>
> > Now adaze , it's so easy to spend $20K on a car that then is worth $10K

> very common issue when dealing with vw's.... they are the proverbial "labor
> of love"...

yeah, and who adds the "value" of their time/energy?
--
Money! What a concept.
Old June 13th 10, 03:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
VFW

In article >,
"Joey Tribiani" > wrote:

> "David Gravereaux" > wrote in message
>

> >Then there's the kids who trick-out a new Lexus to give it that 'gansta'
> >look and wonder why they lost $12K of trade-in value when the dealer
> >informs them they will have to restore the car so it's sellable.

> >"But man, that iridescent paint job cast me four Gs!"
> >"And it'll cost us $2500 to fix, sorry."

> for sure... that also happens whenever someone "customizes" their ride...
> what appeals to them personally may not be universally appealing.

yeah, my father pointed that out once, or twice , maybe more.
Well, if I sold the car I only needed one buyer. And there is a "value"
in having said "custom" car for awhile. This works best if you never
intend to sell the car, just enjoy it till one of you dies.
remember the guy who wanted to be buried in his Cadillac.

"Nice car to drive after a war" said Robert Zimmerman.
--
Money! What a concept.