08 Caravan

Old May 6th 09, 06:04 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Pete & Cindy

Default 08 Caravan

anyone else with an 08 SXT with 3.8 l V6 6speed auto tranny have any
transmission issues, mine went in to shop on the back of a tow truck this
morning.. with major transmission problem, will let yas know what they find
when I find out.. but right now delay shifting from 2nd to 3rd and awful
noise and feels like its dragging sumthing under the van in reverse.... its
now at the dealer....

Pete...

Old May 8th 09, 05:06 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
QX

On Tue, 5 May 2009 22:04:00 -0700, "Pete & Cindy" >
wrote:

>anyone else with an 08 SXT with 3.8 l V6 6speed auto tranny have any
>transmission issues, mine went in to shop on the back of a tow truck this
>morning.. with major transmission problem, will let yas know what they find
>when I find out.. but right now delay shifting from 2nd to 3rd and awful
>noise and feels like its dragging sumthing under the van in reverse.... its
>now at the dealer....
>
>Pete...

I have the 08 SXT with the 4.0 liter, 6 speed, and have about 11000
miles. No problems so far, with several runs into the Sierras with
lots of shifting. I let the auto do the shifting for the uphills, and
manually shifted into the lower gears for the long steep downhills.
Old May 8th 09, 05:18 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
QX

On Thu, 07 May 2009 21:06:57 -0700, QX > wrote:

>On Tue, 5 May 2009 22:04:00 -0700, "Pete & Cindy" >
>wrote:
>
>>anyone else with an 08 SXT with 3.8 l V6 6speed auto tranny have any
>>transmission issues, mine went in to shop on the back of a tow truck this
>>morning.. with major transmission problem, will let yas know what they find
>>when I find out.. but right now delay shifting from 2nd to 3rd and awful
>>noise and feels like its dragging sumthing under the van in reverse.... its
>>now at the dealer....
>>
>>Pete...
>>

>I have the 08 SXT with the 4.0 liter, 6 speed, and have about 11000
>miles. No problems so far, with several runs into the Sierras with
>lots of shifting. I let the auto do the shifting for the uphills, and
>manually shifted into the lower gears for the long steep downhills.

Forgot to mention, that I also have the towing package, which includes
heavy duty engine cooling, engine oil cooler, heavy duty radiator, and
heavy duty transmission oil cooler.

Old May 8th 09, 08:39 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Pete & Cindy

"QX" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 07 May 2009 21:06:57 -0700, QX > wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 5 May 2009 22:04:00 -0700, "Pete & Cindy" >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>anyone else with an 08 SXT with 3.8 l V6 6speed auto tranny have any
>>>transmission issues, mine went in to shop on the back of a tow truck
>>>this
>>>morning.. with major transmission problem, will let yas know what they
>>>find
>>>when I find out.. but right now delay shifting from 2nd to 3rd and awful
>>>noise and feels like its dragging sumthing under the van in reverse....
>>>its
>>>now at the dealer....
>>>
>>>Pete...
>>>

>>I have the 08 SXT with the 4.0 liter, 6 speed, and have about 11000
>>miles. No problems so far, with several runs into the Sierras with
>>lots of shifting. I let the auto do the shifting for the uphills, and
>>manually shifted into the lower gears for the long steep downhills.

> Forgot to mention, that I also have the towing package, which includes
> heavy duty engine cooling, engine oil cooler, heavy duty radiator, and
> heavy duty transmission oil cooler.

I have that as well.. took it down to California last summer I live in BC
on west coast of Canada.. ran like a dream... Dodge called me today..
Transmission is hosed..... you have same trany, just different motor... I
have just over 24,000 k on it... kinda discourages ya after spending all
that money.. only couple options I didnt get in it.... love it , kids loved
the DVD system on way to Calif.. I Love the 500w sub and sound system..
now if only the trany worked... I am driving an 09 right now. low end
model.. with the 3.3 in it glad I spent the extra money to get the bigger
motor... I do as you do I shift it down into lower gear going down steep
hills... other than that it stays in (D)....

Old May 8th 09, 01:40 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Dan C

On Fri, 08 May 2009 00:39:31 -0700, Pete & Cindy wrote:

> "QX" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 07 May 2009 21:06:57 -0700, QX > wrote:

>>>I have the 08 SXT with the 4.0 liter, 6 speed, and have about 11000
>>>miles. No problems so far, with several runs into the Sierras with lots
>>>of shifting. I let the auto do the shifting for the uphills, and
>>>manually shifted into the lower gears for the long steep downhills.

>> Forgot to mention, that I also have the towing package, which includes
>> heavy duty engine cooling, engine oil cooler, heavy duty radiator, and
>> heavy duty transmission oil cooler.

> I have that as well.. took it down to California last summer I live in
> BC on west coast of Canada.. ran like a dream... Dodge called me
> today.. Transmission is hosed..... you have same trany, just different
> motor... I have just over 24,000 k on it... kinda discourages ya after
> spending all that money.. only couple options I didnt get in it.... love
> it , kids loved the DVD system on way to Calif.. I Love the 500w sub
> and sound system.. now if only the trany worked... I am driving an 09
> right now. low end model.. with the 3.3 in it glad I spent the extra
> money to get the bigger motor... I do as you do I shift it down into
> lower gear going down steep hills... other than that it stays in (D)....

What kind of gas mileage does that 3.8 or 4.0 motor get? I have an '09
with a 3.3 and am not impressed with the fuel economy (16/24).

Ahhhhhhhh!: http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/relieve.jpg
Old May 8th 09, 05:23 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Pete & Cindy

"Dan C" > wrote in message
news
> On Fri, 08 May 2009 00:39:31 -0700, Pete & Cindy wrote:

>>> Forgot to mention, that I also have the towing package, which includes
>>> heavy duty engine cooling, engine oil cooler, heavy duty radiator, and
>>> heavy duty transmission oil cooler.

>> I have that as well.. took it down to California last summer I live in
>> BC on west coast of Canada.. ran like a dream... Dodge called me
>> today.. Transmission is hosed..... you have same trany, just different
>> motor... I have just over 24,000 k on it... kinda discourages ya after
>> spending all that money.. only couple options I didnt get in it.... love
>> it , kids loved the DVD system on way to Calif.. I Love the 500w sub
>> and sound system.. now if only the trany worked... I am driving an 09
>> right now. low end model.. with the 3.3 in it glad I spent the extra
>> money to get the bigger motor... I do as you do I shift it down into
>> lower gear going down steep hills... other than that it stays in (D)....

> What kind of gas mileage does that 3.8 or 4.0 motor get? I have an '09
> with a 3.3 and am not impressed with the fuel economy (16/24).

with the 3.8 around town I get about 18.. last summer on vacation to LA..
averaged about 28 on the Highway 5 passangers and luggage.....

Old May 14th 09, 08:05 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Pete & Cindy

welp got van back yesterday with complete new transmission and front axle
assembly is what they told me.... said it was the 1st one of those trannys
that had ever failed.... figures I would get it... oh well all it good so
far.

Pete..

Old May 14th 09, 10:39 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
cavedweller

On May 14, 3:05*pm, "Pete & Cindy" > wrote:
> welp got van back yesterday with complete new transmission and front axle
> assembly is what they told me.... said it was the 1st one of those trannys
> that had ever failed.... *figures I would get it... oh well all it good so
> far.
>
> Pete..

Do you live in a heavy snow area?
Old May 15th 09, 04:31 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Pete & Cindy

"cavedweller" > wrote in message
On May 14, 3:05 pm, "Pete & Cindy" > wrote:
> welp got van back yesterday with complete new transmission and front axle
> assembly is what they told me.... said it was the 1st one of those trannys
> that had ever failed.... figures I would get it... oh well all it good so
> far.
>
> Pete..

Do you live in a heavy snow area?

not at all... hardly get any snow here at all...

Old May 15th 09, 08:27 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
cavedweller

On May 15, 11:31*am, "Pete & Cindy" > wrote:
> "cavedweller" > wrote in message

> On May 14, 3:05 pm, "Pete & Cindy" > wrote:
>
> > welp got van back yesterday with complete new transmission and front axle
> > assembly is what they told me.... said it was the 1st one of those trannys
> > that had ever failed.... figures I would get it... oh well all it good so
> > far.

> > Pete..

> Do you live in a heavy snow area?
>
> not at all... hardly get any snow here at all...

Sorry to be suspicious. Can't help thinking about differential spin-
out failures in spring.

'94 Caravan 3.3 MIL James Goforth Dodge 0 November 25th 07 04:26 PM
XM Car Kit in Caravan dprkk Chrysler 0 June 23rd 07 12:13 PM
03 Caravan Lucky Technology 0 December 26th 06 05:45 PM
05 caravan? Zee Dodge 5 June 19th 05 04:59 AM
92 Caravan mg Dodge 2 May 5th 05 11:43 PM