parts question

Old February 11th 05, 05:32 PM
Erik

Default parts question

I am looking for websites that offer aftermarket parts (both performance,
stock and exterior parts). Does anyone have a recommendation as to who is
the most reliable, best priced etc? Also, where can i get white faced gauges
for this car? It's a 93 325i.

Old February 11th 05, 06:04 PM
Jeff Strickland

Start you search on eBay. EBay has many sellers that offer stuff like what
you are looking for. You will also find a variety of lighting options
offered by the same sellers.

Old February 11th 05, 06:47 PM
The Malt Hound

"Erik" > wrote in message
>I am looking for websites that offer aftermarket parts (both
>performance, stock and exterior parts). Does anyone have a
>recommendation as to who is the most reliable, best priced etc? Also,
>where can i get white faced gauges for this car? It's a 93 325i.

Where in the world are you?

-Fred W

Old February 11th 05, 07:41 PM
Erik

I am in Southern California. Jeff, I never thought of ebay. Thanks for the
recommendation.

Old February 11th 05, 08:27 PM
Jeff Strickland

Do your search on "bmw instrument panel" and variations on that theme. If
you include "oem" in your search string, you will eliminate the places that
offer aftermarket stuff. For example, if you search for "bmw 17 inch wheels"
you will get a long list of both OEM and after market offerings, but if you
search for "bmw e36 oem 17 inch wheels", the hits will be limited to wheels
that are both OEM and that fit a 3 Series. You can do the same sorts of
searches for lighting products and guages.

I like to put OEM stuff on my car, so I always include OEM in my search
strings, but taking OEM out opens up the hit list substantially. You can
also put in or leave out your model, I have the E36, which what you have
also. I recently found some very nice 17" rims from a '95 M3 that look very
good on my car. My search string for them was "BMW OEM E36 17" (or inch)
WHEELS" (I am fuzzy on the affects of the quote marks ( " ) on the HTML,
sometimes I think it works and sometimes I wonder, so I spell it out as
"inch".) You can modify the search string as needed to find all kinds of
stuff from various kinds of lights to the OBC. You can find factory radios
too.

Old February 11th 05, 08:55 PM
fbloogyudsr

"Erik" > wrote
>I am looking for websites that offer aftermarket parts (both performance,
>stock and exterior parts). Does anyone have a recommendation as to who is
>the most reliable, best priced etc? Also, where can i get white faced
>gauges for this car? It's a 93 325i.

Bavarian Auto (http://www.bavauto.com/shop.asp) and Bimmer World
(http://www.bimmerworld.com/onlinestoreframe.html) are in my favorites,
although YMMV.

Floyd

Old February 11th 05, 09:23 PM
Erik

I added the two places to my favorites, so thank you very much.

Jeff, I have begun my search and am having good luck thus far. Great tips on
the search field! I too agree with your OEM 'philosophy'. Again, thank you
for the tips.