Dielectric grease

Old July 28th 06, 01:34 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Dielectric grease

Stephan Mynarkiewicz wrote:

> "Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message
>
> > Don't forget to use it every time you change any connector under the hood
> > or in the body, and always use it when you change light bulbs. It will
> > dramatically reduce connector corrosion twenty years down the road.

> It can be used on sensor connectors without causing any problems?

I've seen this grease inside GM sensor connectors, but I've seen other
brands that were assembled either dry or with a coating that was not
obviously present or greasy. The film of dielectric grease will be
pierced by the metal contacts. This is also why it's OK to coat
battery terminals and cable ends with grease (dielectric or disk brake)
before attaching them together.

Old July 28th 06, 02:08 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

> wrote:
>Scott Dorsey wrote:
>> In article om>,
>> > wrote:
>>
>> Don't forget to use it every time you change any connector under the hood
>> or in the body, and always use it when you change light bulbs. It will
>> dramatically reduce connector corrosion twenty years down the road.

>When changing light bulbs?!?!?

Sure, put a little dab on the contacts of the brake and turn signal lamps
when you replace the bulbs. Keeps them from corroding.
--scott

Old July 28th 06, 02:11 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

Stephan Mynarkiewicz wrote:
> "Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message
>
> > Don't forget to use it every time you change any connector under the hood
> > or in the body, and always use it when you change light bulbs. It will
> > dramatically reduce connector corrosion twenty years down the road.

> It can be used on sensor connectors without causing any problems?

Sure. It's not changing the connection in any way.
--scott

grease types Anthony Technology 5 April 17th 06 06:02 AM
Question re Wheel Bearing Grease Seal Caprice85 Technology 5 September 24th 05 12:00 AM
Grease spot on new brake pad [email protected] Technology 7 July 31st 05 07:21 PM
grease, clutch cylinders Abeness Honda 17 November 18th 04 06:27 AM
Help a simpleton with a grease gun Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott VW air cooled 18 November 7th 04 05:31 PM