Speaking of OBDII Scanners

Old July 26th 06, 09:42 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
ZZ

Default Speaking of OBDII Scanners

Anyone have any experience with this one?

http://www.obd2allinone.com

I'm looking for one like this to use with my fleet...2004 Ford (CAN), 98
Chevy, and 99 and 2003 Mazdas.

Thanks...
Old July 26th 06, 09:53 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Shep

Should work but remember there are no diagnostics, you will need a fault
code trouble tree to really find the root cause of most check engine lite
conditions.
.. .

Old July 27th 06, 12:28 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
George[_1_]

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 20:42:35 +0000 (UTC), ZZ > wrote:

>Anyone have any experience with this one?
>
>http://www.obd2allinone.com

That looks like the same package I bought from 'ProScan', just with a
different sticker on it. I think there's one company - 'Elm
Electronics' that makes the hardware, and a bunch of ppl who resell it,
along with their host (PC) software.

http://www.scantool.net/ has a forum where ppl bitch about the problems
with various vendors. IMO, it's worth reading.

George
Old July 28th 06, 03:25 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
M.M.

George wrote:
> ... I think there's one company - 'Elm
> Electronics' that makes the hardware, and a bunch of ppl who resell it,
> along with their host (PC) software.

Could be...I thought it was the chip that Elm makes but it could be the
whole unit. There's a lot of them that look pretty much alike.

> http://www.scantool.net/ has a forum where ppl bitch about the problems
> with various vendors. ...

Cool. Thanks for the pointer. I'll check it out...

OBDII Oleg Lego Technology 11 March 23rd 06 05:39 AM
Help: is 95 Chrysler Cirrus 2.5L OBDII compliant? Bill Dodge 5 February 4th 06 04:58 PM
Speaking of mufflers and 4.6's CobraJet Ford Mustang 2 February 16th 05 11:54 PM
Are TDIs OBDII compliant? Terry Solomonson VW water cooled 1 January 3rd 05 11:13 PM
adaptor for DLC to OBDII flat4 BMW 1 October 27th 04 12:54 AM