Just bought my first vette!!!!! Questions...

Old September 7th 04, 06:45 PM
Dad

"CardsFan" > wrote in message

> "jameson" > wrote in message
> m...
>> LOL, geez louise, why do I feel like my mother put this post in?
>> The only difference in Dave and my mother is that my mom isnt as
>> worried about me as dave is! How sweet.
>> Dave, you made your point the first post, and I thanked you, rubbing
>> it in more isnt going to further your cause...

> That's typical with Dave the Dolt. He's his number one (and only) fan in
> this group.
>
> I bought my Corvette through eBay, sort of. The auction ended with me the
> high bidder, but I didn't meet the reserve. I kept in contact with the
> owner through e-mails, kept asking questions. He answered all my
> questions
> in an honest, forthright manner, and e-mailed me lots of pictures. I came
> to believe he cared about the car, and that was what I wanted to know. I
> upped my final auction offer by $500 and he accepted. I flew to his
> location, inspected and found the car to be exactly as represented, paid
> for
> it and drove it 300 miles home. Best used-car transaction I ever made.
> It
> is exactly the car I wanted, a 1993 Ruby red 40th anniversary special
> edition coupe, with a 6-speed.
>
> Yes, I've put money into it since I've had it, but since I saved thousands
> over what I'd have had to pay a dealer for the same car in the same
> condition, I have had some work done on it and am still within my original
> budget. I have had a ball driving the car on weekends this summer, made
> some new acquaintances at cruise-ins and in the local Corvette club, and
> couldn't be happier with the car.
>
> As for Dave, he's in my killfile. Most of his advice and posts are
> hogwash,
> and I also killfiled the other people whose sole purpose seems to be to
> follow Dave all over the usenet and rag on him. I did the same with the
> ridiculous hissy-fit match between a couple other posers called SAPguru
> (and
> his aliases) and some idiot named Pendergast and his sockpuppets.
>
> My best,
>
> AJM
> '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp

I have adopted that same method of reading this group. It's takes one bit of
BS from a poster and he's in the kill file. We have allot of knowledge out
there and it can be shared without the likes of some posters. As far as I
know no one will read this because I'm already in their kill file.

I do get an occasional chuckle when dave's remarks show up in others posts.
It takes all kinds, if you don't believe that you haven't been watching the
campaign.

--
Dad
04 C5 CE Z51

Old September 8th 04, 01:58 AM
Gary

Actually I know a lot of people that have shopped for a wife as you put
it. Guess what they got burned. They are divorced now. It just proves
human or auto everything has hidden flaws no matter how much you
research it. If you have all the time and money in the world to check
every car you are interested in good for you. All I'm saying is that
some of us that are money and time challenged have to use other means
to get what we want. Sometimes we lose but not always as you would
imply.

Old September 28th 04, 03:51 PM
jameson

Sorry to disappoint you Dave, but my vette got here. Beauty, runs
great, only thing wrong is a drivers side keyhole that is busted, prob
cost me 10 bucks to fix.
Again, sorry Dave, I know you were hoping it was a bad buy, but oh
well.

Old September 28th 04, 11:20 PM
Diode

jameson spoke thusly:

> Sorry to disappoint you Dave, but my vette got here. Beauty, runs

Just so you don't get the wrong guy ****ed off, the idiot spells his
name "dave", not "Dave". Or just call him "dickhead", he answers to
that as well.

--

Shut up, Dave.

-|>|- Diode -|<|-
'68 L-79 Coupe
'79 Triumph Bonneville
Old September 28th 04, 11:20 PM
Diode

jameson spoke thusly:

Old September 29th 04, 12:06 AM

Hey...im glad that you didnt end up the Fool that i think you are
It doesnt get much sillier than giving someone tens of thousands of hard
earned dollars for something youve never even seen in person ...let
alone driven ! Count yourself very fortunate.