Inflated your tires lately? a petition

Old August 16th 08, 11:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Shag

Default Inflated your tires lately? a petition

On Aug 15, 1:37*am, Rev Turd Fredericks >
wrote:
> Shag wrote:
> > On Aug 13, 12:56 am, Rev Turd Fredericks >
> > wrote:

> >> No politician is telling you to inflate your tires

> > Watch the video linked to in the original post. *You're making
> > yourself look silly. *:-)

> Hardly. He was making a point which makes the McCain campaign look like
> fools. Please tell me you aren't of the opinion that properly inflated
> tires don't improve gas mileage. Further to the point, he was saying
> that if everybody properly inflated their tires, the country as a whole
> would save more oil than they would manage to extract from McCain's
> offshore drilling plan. Now please explain where I look silly.

Right where you said "No politician is telling you to inflate your
tires" but in the video that's all that the politician you see there
is saying to do. You're not too quick, are you? :-)

Old August 16th 08, 11:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Shag

http://dontclickthis.whatingods.name/american.gif
Old August 16th 08, 07:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
David Gravereaux

Rev Turd Fredericks wrote:

> I don't think I'd get oil saving bragging rights driving a bug no matter
> what the tire inflation.

You might if you drove this:
http://www.electroauto.com/gallery/bug-1.shtml

That guys lives up the street from me, btw.
Old August 16th 08, 09:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"Rev Turd Fredericks" > wrote in message

> I don't think I'd get oil saving bragging rights driving a bug no matter

> what the tire inflation.

every little bit saved, adds up, yes? there are many more places on a
classic vw to save then there is on the average modern car.

Old August 17th 08, 04:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Rev Turd Fredericks

Shag wrote:
> On Aug 15, 1:37 am, Rev Turd Fredericks >
> wrote:
>> Shag wrote:
>>> Watch the video linked to in the original post. You're making
>>> yourself look silly. :-)

>> Hardly. He was making a point which makes the McCain campaign look like
>> fools. Please tell me you aren't of the opinion that properly inflated
>> tires don't improve gas mileage. Further to the point, he was saying
>> that if everybody properly inflated their tires, the country as a whole
>> would save more oil than they would manage to extract from McCain's
>> offshore drilling plan. Now please explain where I look silly.

> Right where you said "No politician is telling you to inflate your
> tires" but in the video that's all that the politician you see there
> is saying to do. You're not too quick, are you? :-)

He is not telling, he is suggesting. It's not like he is telling us that
Iraq has weapons of mass destruction and we should get into a long
protracted war in order to bankrupt the country and send home our
soldiers in body bags so his friends can get rich. You can of course
tell the difference between "telling" and "suggesting" right?
Old August 17th 08, 04:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"Rev Turd Fredericks" > wrote in message
> He is not telling, he is suggesting. It's not like he is telling us that
> Iraq has weapons of mass destruction and we should get into a long
> protracted war in order to bankrupt the country and send home our soldiers
> in body bags so his friends can get rich. You can of course tell the
> difference between "telling" and "suggesting" right?

sure, the difference is easy to spot... at this point you are really
"telling" us your agenda, whereas before you were merely "suggesting" what
it was...<G>

Old August 17th 08, 04:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Rev Turd Fredericks

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> "Rev Turd Fredericks" > wrote in message
> > He is not telling, he is suggesting. It's not like he is telling us that
>> Iraq has weapons of mass destruction and we should get into a long
>> protracted war in order to bankrupt the country and send home our soldiers
>> in body bags so his friends can get rich. You can of course tell the
>> difference between "telling" and "suggesting" right?

> sure, the difference is easy to spot... at this point you are really
> "telling" us your agenda, whereas before you were merely "suggesting" what
> it was...<G>

My only agenda is that I don't like lies. Is keeping your tires properly
inflated going to save you gas? (as Obama suggested) Did Iraq have
chemical, biological and nuclear weapons? (as we were told by the Bush gov.)
Old August 17th 08, 04:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"Rev Turd Fredericks" > wrote in message

> My only agenda is that I don't like lies. Is keeping your tires properly
> inflated going to save you gas? (as Obama suggested)

sure it will.... but you'll save more by keeping it properly tuned... but i
digress

>Did Iraq have chemical, biological and nuclear weapons? (as we were told by
>the Bush gov.)

i don't know the answer to that any more than you do...

Old August 17th 08, 06:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Rev Turd Fredericks

Joey Tribiani wrote:
> "Rev Turd Fredericks" > wrote in message
> >>

>> My only agenda is that I don't like lies. Is keeping your tires properly
>> inflated going to save you gas? (as Obama suggested)

> sure it will.... but you'll save more by keeping it properly tuned... but i
> digress

I agree. Anything you do that optimizes the performance (read as keeping
within specifications) of the individual parts of the car will improve
it's efficiency.

>> Did Iraq have chemical, biological and nuclear weapons? (as we were told by
>> the Bush gov.)

> i don't know the answer to that any more than you do...

The answer is no, they didn't. In fact, the search for those weapons
stopped in Jan 2005, and none have been found since. Further, Iraq had
not developed their WMD program since the mid 90's.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Survey_Group
Old August 17th 08, 06:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"Rev Turd Fredericks" > wrote in message
> Joey Tribiani wrote:
>> "Rev Turd Fredericks" > wrote in message
>> >>
>>> My only agenda is that I don't like lies. Is keeping your tires properly
>>> inflated going to save you gas? (as Obama suggested)

>> sure it will.... but you'll save more by keeping it properly tuned... but
>> i digress
>>

> I agree. Anything you do that optimizes the performance (read as keeping
> within specifications) of the individual parts of the car will improve
> it's efficiency.
>

>>> Did Iraq have chemical, biological and nuclear weapons? (as we were told
>>> by the Bush gov.)

>> i don't know the answer to that any more than you do...

> The answer is no, they didn't. In fact, the search for those weapons
> stopped in Jan 2005, and none have been found since. Further, Iraq had not
> developed their WMD program since the mid 90's.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Survey_Group

i got confused by the "did Iraq have" part of the question.. as i said, i
don't know any better than you do....

UK petition demanding to end the use of speed cameras. Brent P[_1_] Driving 15 February 12th 07 02:00 AM
Petition to save the Monza track Pierre Samanni Alfa Romeo 0 March 21st 06 10:36 PM
Holley Hp CFM flows inflated [email protected] Ford Mustang 11 October 24th 05 06:26 PM
Storm Petition FrankW Jeep 3 September 23rd 05 05:45 AM
Should all 4 tires be inflated to the same pressure ? Juan General 7 March 15th 04 03:09 PM