3.0 Mitsubishi V-6 1990 Oxygen Sensor Code

Old April 19th 06, 02:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default 3.0 Mitsubishi V-6 1990 Oxygen Sensor Code

This engine is in my 1990 Montero. Recently, I replaced the oxygen
sensor as the service engine light kept staying on and the code in the
computer was for the oxygen sensor, plus the car was sucking lots of
gas. After replacing the sensor, the fuel economy went back up, but
the
service engine light goes on and off, and it's the same code for the
oxygen sensor. Any ideas?

Old April 19th 06, 05:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Yes, If the code is for the Oxygen sensor, that does not mean it is just the
Oxygen sensor. It is for the circuit, and also the other sensor's that
contribute to the Oxygen sensor readings. Could be a map sensor or other
things that control what is being read by the Oxygen sensor. Join a
mitsubishi group also. They will be more helpful then a Chrysler group.

Old April 21st 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Oh yeah, the 3.0 Mitsubishi...

Didn't you know that code stands for "Replace Crappy Engine"?

On 19 Apr 2006 06:31:31 -0700, "

Old April 23rd 06, 04:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

"NewMan" > wrote in message
> Oh yeah, the 3.0 Mitsubishi...
>
> Didn't you know that code stands for "Replace Crappy Engine"?

The 3.0 mitsu with 110,000 miles in my 88 New Yorker gets 34 mpg highway.
Alot better than some of the current stuff out there.

Old April 23rd 06, 06:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 03:35:38 GMT, "Steve Stone"
> wrote:

>"NewMan" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Oh yeah, the 3.0 Mitsubishi...
>>
>> Didn't you know that code stands for "Replace Crappy Engine"?
>>

>The 3.0 mitsu with 110,000 miles in my 88 New Yorker gets 34 mpg highway.
>Alot better than some of the current stuff out there.

My 94 Acclaim, before I got rid of it, had less than 130,000 km. It
ran rough, and puked oil like a seive - all the seals were thrashed.
No amount of gas mileage is worth the super high maintenance required
by a poor design. An engine design must address the Total Cost of
Ownership - not just good gas mileage.

Based on 16000 miles per year and 34 MPG, your consumption is about
470.58 Gallons. At $2.65 per gallon, that is about $1247.

At 25 MPG that is 640 gallons. At $2.65 per gallon that is $1696.

A difference of about $448 per year.

So, if you buy the car new, and you put the $448 per year into a
maintnenace fund, then you can afford to do the maintenance to keep
fixing the unreliable 3.0 litre engine.

If you buy the car used, then you have not had a chance to enjoy the
savings, all you get to enjoy the costs of maintaining a badly
designed engine. Add that to the A604, and you have a loser to be
sure. Sorry. I just don't like the engine.

It is the same old story, pay at the pump, or pay at the shop. I LOVE
my 3.3 litre engine. It is very hardy and reliable. So what if it uses
a little more gas. At least it is not puking oil into the streets. It
has lots of power and, should you need to work on it, it is easy to
work on as well.

Old April 24th 06, 12:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

"NewMan" > wrote in message
> Oh yeah, the 3.0 Mitsubishi...
>
> Didn't you know that code stands for "Replace Crappy Engine"?

Hmmm...94 and 95 Caravans with 171K and 190K miles respectively and never
had any problems.
Guess you just failed to take proper care of yours or read the Service
Bulletins to keep them maintained properly.

Old April 24th 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

"NewMan" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 03:35:38 GMT, "Steve Stone"
> > wrote:
>

>>"NewMan" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> Oh yeah, the 3.0 Mitsubishi...
>>>
>>> Didn't you know that code stands for "Replace Crappy Engine"?
>>>

>>The 3.0 mitsu with 110,000 miles in my 88 New Yorker gets 34 mpg highway.
>>Alot better than some of the current stuff out there.
>>

> My 94 Acclaim, before I got rid of it, had less than 130,000 km. It
> ran rough, and puked oil like a seive - all the seals were thrashed.
> No amount of gas mileage is worth the super high maintenance required
> by a poor design. An engine design must address the Total Cost of
> Ownership - not just good gas mileage.

I believe if you had kept up with the TSB's for your vehicle, you would be
aware it was the vavlve seats. Your sdealer should have caught this as well
when it was brought in for scheduled maintnance.

Old April 24th 06, 04:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 19:44:08 -0400, "PC Medic" > wrote:

>"NewMan" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Oh yeah, the 3.0 Mitsubishi...
>>
>> Didn't you know that code stands for "Replace Crappy Engine"?
>>

>Hmmm...94 and 95 Caravans with 171K and 190K miles respectively and never
>had any problems.
>Guess you just failed to take proper care of yours or read the Service
>Bulletins to keep them maintained properly.

No, not really. I "inherited" this car with my (now) wife. I had
nothing to do with its maintenance of this vehicle in its early days -
and even she purchased the car used.

I have a 94 Caravan with 180,000 km that I purchased at about 128,000
km. The vehcile is properly maintained, and it has never let me down
(touch wood). I still prefer the 3.3 and 3.8 design. It is very
robust. And my experience with mitsubishi and other foreign engines
has not been good over the last 15 or so years.

Just my experience I guess.
Old April 24th 06, 03:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

your post is sub-morinc comment and those that follow aren't much
better.....

Old April 24th 06, 03:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

your post is sub-moronic and those that follow aren't much better.....