Leaking Fluid Unknown

Old October 14th 05, 03:32 AM

Default Leaking Fluid Unknown

I have a 1982 Dodge 400 2.2l I noticed that my car has been leaking
numerous puddles of a yellowish fluid with what looks like extremely
fine silver dust. My master brake cylinder was low. Could brake fluid
have the fine dust in it? Also, when i accelerate from an idle, i hear
a slight ding ding ding sound. this doesn't happen if i accelerate
with teh brake pedal depressed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
P.S. I know it is not engine oil

Old October 14th 05, 12:13 PM
Al Bundy

I think you are getting ready to blow a brake line.
You better check the lines from front to back, although the puddle area
should suggest where to concentrate.
My best "Carmack" (Johnny Carson) guess is the left front brake hose or
line.

Old October 14th 05, 03:14 PM
Pete C.

Al Bundy wrote:

> I think you are getting ready to blow a brake line.
> You better check the lines from front to back, although the puddle area
> should suggest where to concentrate.
> My best "Carmack" (Johnny Carson) guess is the left front brake hose or
> line.

My vote would be for the line, not the hose. Sounds like the brake line
is rubbing against the frame or a suspension component, which would
explain metal dust in the puddle.

Pete C.
Old October 14th 05, 03:40 PM

Sounds more like coolant antifreeze with some aluminum
stop-leak in it.

Dan

Old October 14th 05, 06:35 PM

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Sounds more like coolant antifreeze with some aluminum
> stop-leak in it.
>
> Dan

That could be a really good possibility. Leaking from welch plugs, maybe?

Old October 15th 05, 08:05 PM

I have found the poblem. it's an atf leak out of the bell housing. i
guess the brakes were just low

Old October 16th 05, 02:53 AM

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> I have found the poblem. it's an atf leak out of the bell housing. i
> guess the brakes were just low

Sounds like your ding-ding-ding is grinding away at something. And your ATF
is pee
colored. Not a healthy set of symptoms.