Tranmission Fluid...

Old October 12th 07, 12:38 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
90kchevycamaro

Default Tranmission Fluid...

Does anybody know how to check transmission fluid on a 98 audi a6 quattro?
And I need to know how to add some, and what kind of transmission fluid to
buy. The transmission seal is leaking and I dont have the money to fix it
right now.

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.audi/
More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

Old October 12th 07, 01:11 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
dave AKA vwdoc1

This site may help you
http://www.taligentx.com/passat/maintenance/atfchange/
--
later,
dave

lkaboutautos.com...

Old October 14th 07, 11:49 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Huw

"90kchevycamaro" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> Does anybody know how to check transmission fluid on a 98 audi a6 quattro?
> And I need to know how to add some, and what kind of transmission fluid to
> buy. The transmission seal is leaking and I dont have the money to fix it
> right now.

Visit your Audi dealers parts counter. You could even phone them and ask.

Huw

Old January 13th 08, 01:08 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

The A6 as well as other models use a special tool that is connected to
the hood latch that contains the atf. The large plug is removed from
the trans pan and a scan tool is connected to the car. The engine is
started and the scan tool with proper software will be able to access
the TCM. Once in the TCM the atf temperature is monitored. When the
temp reaches 38c the plug is removed from the pan and the fluid should
start to run out. If not the tool is inserted and fluid is added till
it trickles out. Once the temp reaches 42c the plug is reinserted.

Thats it.

I donot recommend chabging the ATF unless the car is used under severe
operating conditions. During the 5000/4000 model years we used Dextron
and there was a 30,000 mile service change. Now Audi uses a synthetic
based fluid.

The only time it is necessary to check the fluid is if someone is
having problems with slippage .

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 11:49:28 +0100, "Huw"
> wrote:

alkaboutautos.com...

tranmission lybarra Dodge 2 November 21st 06 02:08 AM
Tranmission and Radiator CW Saturn 10 April 22nd 06 04:33 PM
Do these two vehicles have the same tranmission? [email protected] Technology 12 July 15th 05 12:48 AM
96 Cabriolet Tranmission Advice [email protected] Audi 0 March 31st 05 11:00 PM
HELP: 91 5-SPD Tranmission Melt Down Edwin VW water cooled 6 March 5th 05 02:00 AM