My beetle in a film.

Old September 16th 11, 09:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default My beetle in a film.

Hey everyone,

I have not posted here in YEARS. I hope we can bring this group back
to the popularity it once had.

I'm the guy with the PlowBug, a rusted 74 Super Beetle that I use on
my acreage to plow snow in the winter. Some of you will remember this.
I think its been 14 years since I started plowing snow with it.

Well, in the last year or so, I have developed an interest in film.
Last year I helped produce a film called Dead End Drive which is a
music video about the dangers of drinking and driving. You can find it
on YouTube. I was the Stunt Co-ordinator, Stunt Double for the main
character, and even acted in the film. (I'm the liquor store guy who
calls the cops) We used my 68 Mercury Cyclone as a major character in
that film. We ended up being nominated for Music Video of the Year for
the Alberta AMPIA awards. Had numerous TV interviews, it was a great
experience.

Since then, I have wanted to do another film, but it will be a while
until our team can get together again for the next one. So, I wrote my
own script and directed a film this past June and July. My PlowBug was
a major character in the film, but it was not used for plowing. ;-)

Have a look at it with the link below, the second link is the blooper
reel. Since I had a budge of ZERO, I used my kids as actors, and they
did REALLY well. It was a lot of work, but I've been getting rave
reviews on it, especially being my first film.

Enjoy!

Ryan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U0FwgWT-_c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU__rgZHn_w
Old September 16th 11, 11:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Randall

I liked it. Your kids will be able to look at with fond memories years
from now.

I suggest you post it to Samba.com which is the most popular air-cooled
VW website. I'm sure everyone there who sees it will like it. It's easy
to register there with your own user name.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/faq.php?mode=forums

How to add a link to a video:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/vie...ighlight=video

Here's a list of all of the forums there.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/
Old September 17th 11, 01:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
LeRoy

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...cd228cb9764c36

> -- Randall

Great job Ryan !
I enjoyed it.
LeRoy
type1 1973 auto stick
convertible
Old September 17th 11, 06:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Sep 16, 6:56*pm, LeRoy > wrote:
> On 16/09/2011 7:02 PM, Randall wrote:> On 9/16/2011 1:53 PM, wrote:
> >> Hey everyone,

> >> I have not posted here in YEARS. I hope we can bring this group back
> >> to the popularity it once had.

> > Would you believe 6 years and 3 months? Most ISPs don't carry Newsgroups
> > anymore, and the VW enthusiasts have migrated to web forums like The Samba.
> >http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...ooled/browse_t...

> > -- Randall

> Great job Ryan !
> I enjoyed it.
> LeRoy
> type1 1973 auto stick
> convertible

Thanks for the good comments guys! Good idea on posting on samba, I do
have an account there, although I haven't used it in quite a while. I
just pretty much copied my message from above into the samba.

I remember the good old days when Bob Hoover used to respond to
questions. May he rest in peace.

Ryan.
Old September 24th 11, 08:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
BergRace

On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 22:53:58 +0200, > wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> I have not posted here in YEARS. I hope we can bring this group back
> to the popularity it once had.
>
> I'm the guy with the PlowBug, a rusted 74 Super Beetle that I use on
> my acreage to plow snow in the winter. Some of you will remember this.
> I think its been 14 years since I started plowing snow with it.
>
> Well, in the last year or so, I have developed an interest in film.
> Last year I helped produce a film called Dead End Drive which is a
> music video about the dangers of drinking and driving. You can find it
> on YouTube. I was the Stunt Co-ordinator, Stunt Double for the main
> character, and even acted in the film. (I'm the liquor store guy who
> calls the cops) We used my 68 Mercury Cyclone as a major character in
> that film. We ended up being nominated for Music Video of the Year for
> the Alberta AMPIA awards. Had numerous TV interviews, it was a great
> experience.
>
> Since then, I have wanted to do another film, but it will be a while
> until our team can get together again for the next one. So, I wrote my
> own script and directed a film this past June and July. My PlowBug was
> a major character in the film, but it was not used for plowing. ;-)
>
> Have a look at it with the link below, the second link is the blooper
> reel. Since I had a budge of ZERO, I used my kids as actors, and they
> did REALLY well. It was a lot of work, but I've been getting rave
> reviews on it, especially being my first film.
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Ryan.
>

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U0FwgWT-_c
>

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU__rgZHn_w

Cool. excellent job there!
Say hi to the kids.

--
P.J.Berg

1935 film... Brent[_4_] Driving 0 November 4th 10 02:23 AM
paint protection film ? Zork[_2_] Honda 2 December 17th 07 11:34 AM
Film pathways Dave[_39_] VW water cooled 0 June 10th 07 05:15 AM
Windshield film HerkyJerky Ford Explorer 5 May 21st 05 01:35 AM
BMW Film Shorts Ablang BMW 7 February 21st 05 07:13 PM