rFactor Release Update

Old August 26th 05, 11:28 PM
Byron Forbes

"David G Fisher" > wrote in message
> "Greetings and thanks for you support of rFactor. It was our intention to
> release rFactor by this weeks end, but there are still some finishing
> touches that are required. As a result I have postponed the release of the
> pre-order codes and have rescheduled it for next week. We are working hard
> towards making the download available at that point as well. Thank you for
> your patience.
> Gjon"

This is all over the news. We have all been ripped off - there is no
such thing as rFactor! It's all been a huge hoax from the outset!

Old August 26th 05, 11:51 PM
Tony Rickard

Byron Forbes wrote:

> This is all over the news. We have all been ripped off - there is no
> such thing as rFactor! It's all been a huge hoax from the outset!

If it wasn't for the windfall I'm due for helping a Nigerian Prince get
his money out of the country I'd be worried I'd wasted my money...
Old August 27th 05, 12:40 AM
Goy Larsen

Tony Rickard wrote:

> Byron Forbes wrote:
>
> > This is all over the news. We have all been ripped off - there is no
> > such thing as rFactor! It's all been a huge hoax from the outset!

> If it wasn't for the windfall I'm due for helping a Nigerian Prince get
> his money out of the country I'd be worried I'd wasted my money...

Make sure you get the "My money went to Nigeria and all I got was this
lousy t-shirt" t-shirt

Beers and cheers
(uncle) Goy

"When two or more people are gathered together in my name,
they shall perform the Parrot Sketch..."

--Our Lord John Cleese--
Old August 27th 05, 12:50 AM
ymenard

>"whooo" > wrote
> ymenard wrote:
>
> Do you have to swear?

Considering the ineptitude and ignorance of the owners of the Pocono
racetrack owners, yes.

--
-- François Ménard <ymenard>
-- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez

Old August 27th 05, 01:03 AM
Steve Simpson

>> Silly question maybe, but is rFactor getting a 'real-world' release, or
>> is it just a download like LFS? Will I be able to walk into a shop and
>> pick up a copy from the shelf? I'm still on a dial-up connection, so a
>> download isn't going to be a practical option for me right now...
>> Tim

> Based on everything I've heard,it will be by download only...and not
> sold in stores.They (ISI) are cutting out the middle man (distributer)
> and in turn,there won't be a "cd" to buy...but instead,a downloadable
> game to get.Yet another reason for me to hold off on getting it anytime
> soon.

Way of the future. Publishing & physical distribution of software on
media is becoming an outdated concept.

It doesn't really bother me - I usually throw out the box when I buy a
game anyway. It's not like having a video game box on your shelf is going
to impress anyone. Collector's items are a thing of the past too in this
age of mass production.
Old August 27th 05, 05:12 AM
Dave Henrie

"Plowboy" > wrote in

> Dave,
>
> I have asked this question before, not directly to you, but how
> come
> hollywood movie, that depicts your product (placement) the movie-maker
> gets money, yet when AC-Delco gets their add on billboards and car
> paintjobs, they expect money? I mean **** you talk about free
> advertising to the target group (wich has to be as good a demographic,
> just smaller than say the real life counterpart...)
>
> No,I dont get it.
>
> I cant agree much more with your post if I had written it myself, but
> least this way it is coherent (you wrote it).

yeah, it does seem strange doesn't it? We tried to pitch a CART sim to
Bobby Rahal back when he spent that half year as the Chief Poobah at CART
with the exact same logic, Have the track owners pay the development
costs, then they could distribute free or low cost single track sims that
could be collected into a fully developed Champcar sim.
Didn't get very far.

dave henrie
Old August 27th 05, 05:16 AM
Dave Henrie

There is already a small cottage industry springing up for certain
leagues that will dload and copy and mail cdroms to their members or
friends. You dload the sim, then you pay via paypal or credit card I would
think. I know some people will carp about that. My suggestion is to get
a very low limit card, one that allows only 100 or 500 dollars as the max
amount. Then you can pay it off, or close out the account. It limits your
online risk.

dave henrie
Old August 27th 05, 06:09 PM
Mitch_A

Way way back (ICR1 days) I met face to face with Rahal.as he was on a
publicity tour trying to get HP to fork over some sponsor dollars so I asked
him how he felt about sims. Lets just say he blew sims off quicker than he
spun at indy. He said that without feedback from g's its useless as any
kind training tool and didnt think it ever could be usefull. (I completely
disagree but thats me)

Lets just say Rahal comes from a different generation (even though age wise
he isnt that old).

Mitch

. 97.136...

Old August 27th 05, 10:20 PM
jason moyer

Dave Henrie wrote:

> Will rFactor be the final word in sims? I doubt it. But it is far
> enough evolved from previous titles so that we all will see a 'better'
> simming enviroment.

Oddly, people were saying the same thing about ISI's last re-issue of
SCGT.

Old August 28th 05, 05:29 AM
Larry

Re-Issue of SCGT? Did I miss something?

-Larry

"jason moyer" > wrote in message
> Oddly, people were saying the same thing about ISI's last re-issue of
> SCGT.

Arizona Emissions Update! Laurie S. Ford Mustang 0 January 24th 05 08:26 PM
rFactor update Mitch_A Simulators 3 November 15th 04 08:59 PM
The Gallery Plug Saga Update Colin VW air cooled 2 November 12th 04 04:02 AM
West Racing update Paulinho Simulators 6 October 27th 04 03:21 PM