rFactor Release Update

Old August 25th 05, 08:39 PM
David G Fisher

Default rFactor Release Update

"Greetings and thanks for you support of rFactor. It was our intention to
release rFactor by this weeks end, but there are still some finishing
touches that are required. As a result I have postponed the release of the
pre-order codes and have rescheduled it for next week. We are working hard
towards making the download available at that point as well. Thank you for
your patience.
Gjon"

--
David G Fisher

Old August 25th 05, 09:00 PM
whooo

David G Fisher wrote:
> "Greetings and thanks for you support of rFactor. It was our intention to
> release rFactor by this weeks end, but there are still some finishing
> touches that are required. As a result I have postponed the release of the
> pre-order codes and have rescheduled it for next week. We are working hard
> towards making the download available at that point as well. Thank you for
> your patience.
> Gjon"

Fantasy cars on fantasy tracks...I can't wait...not!
Old August 25th 05, 09:11 PM
Darus

NOT reading your foolish and unneeded posts....I can't wait...

Old August 25th 05, 10:47 PM
whooo

Darus wrote:
> NOT reading your foolish and unneeded posts....I can't wait...

ok, ok, it's just an opinion. Jeez.
Old August 25th 05, 11:26 PM
Tony Rickard

David G Fisher wrote:
> "Greetings and thanks for you support of rFactor. It was our intention to
> release rFactor by this weeks end, but there are still some finishing
> touches that are required. As a result I have postponed the release of the
> pre-order codes and have rescheduled it for next week. We are working hard
> towards making the download available at that point as well. Thank you for
> your patience.
> Gjon"

I am sure there was a very similar post a few years back. What was it
now... ah GPaL
Old August 26th 05, 12:16 AM
Steve Blankenship

"David G Fisher" > wrote in message
> "Greetings and thanks for you support of rFactor. It was our intention to
> release rFactor by this weeks end, but there are still some finishing
> touches that are required. As a result I have postponed the release of the
> pre-order codes and have rescheduled it for next week. We are working hard
> towards making the download available at that point as well. Thank you for
> your patience.
> Gjon"

Strangely coincidental with the delivery date of my mb, cpu & video card.
How thoughtful of them... ;-)

Old August 26th 05, 02:37 AM
Dave Henrie

whooo > wrote in news:CrpPe.236$kE2.139@newsfe3-
gui.ntli.net:

> Fantasy cars on fantasy tracks...I can't wait...not!

I didn't buy F1 2k2 for the F1 cars. I didn't buy N2, N3, N99, Nascar
2003 for the Winston Cuppers, I didn't buy F1c for the F1 cars. I didn't
buy Nascar Heat for the Winston Cuppers. Oh wait...N99 had fantasy cars as
well, forgot about that.
You might say ISI is saving us a layer of deceit. I don't have to curry
the favor of the F1 crowd, I don't have to be saddled with a mod that has
8 second pitstops hardcoded, I don't have pretend that all cars have pre-
heated tires.
I also can benefit from the lack of licensing in that, money that would
have gone to fatcat corparations and organizing groups that suck the life's
blood out of sports can be spent on improving the basic code.
Will rFactor be the final word in sims? I doubt it. But it is far
enough evolved from previous titles so that we all will see a 'better'
simming enviroment. The fact that folks were calling for NEW F1 TITLES
even though we have had a constant stream of F1 titles for years merely
cements my lack of dismay at the lack of licensing. In fact, you can bet
there will be a host of F1 mods for rFactor.
My worry is that few track builders will rise to the challenge and
create completely fresh/new versions of tracks. 99% of the tracks are
gonna be merely ports of F1c and GTR tracks which came from F1 2k2 and most
of those started out as SCGT or GPL. I 'hope' the really smart, clever,
motivated track guys will begin with completely blank screens.

dave henrie
Old August 26th 05, 02:57 AM
Dino

> You might say ISI is saving us a layer of deceit. I don't have to curry
> the favor of the F1 crowd, I don't have to be saddled with a mod that has
> 8 second pitstops hardcoded, I don't have pretend that all cars have pre-
> heated tires.
> I also can benefit from the lack of licensing in that, money that would
> have gone to fatcat corparations and organizing groups that suck the

life's
> blood out of sports can be spent on improving the basic code.
> Will rFactor be the final word in sims? I doubt it. But it is far
> enough evolved from previous titles so that we all will see a 'better'
> simming enviroment.

Amen Brother, I couldn't have said it better myself!

DN

Old August 26th 05, 04:53 AM
Steve Whitty

"Dave Henrie" > wrote in message
> My worry is that few track builders will rise to the challenge and
> create completely fresh/new versions of tracks. 99% of the tracks are
> gonna be merely ports of F1c and GTR tracks which came from F1 2k2 and
> most
> of those started out as SCGT or GPL. I 'hope' the really smart, clever,
> motivated track guys will begin with completely blank screens.
>
> dave henrie

I think you'll find a great number of the dedicated n2k3 track editors are
moving over to rFactor.( we know the reason why, so no need to re-hash that
subject again) Yes, to begin with there will be a lot of conversion of
tracks. Probably not done by the original track editor. But given time,
the original, good quality tracks will appear.

cheers

steve

Old August 26th 05, 11:41 AM
Alan Bernardo

"whooo" > wrote in message
> Darus wrote:
>> NOT reading your foolish and unneeded posts....I can't wait...
>>

> ok, ok, it's just an opinion. Jeez.

A word of warning: be careful. I think a lot of these fellas subscribe very
heavily to GPL. You can't say a thing, or you'll have your head chopped
right from its shoulders.

Seriously though, I tried rFactor and wasn't greatly impressed. Live for
Speed is better, as a simulation and as for having fun. Grip is the key, in
some respects.

Alanb

Arizona Emissions Update! Laurie S. Ford Mustang 0 January 24th 05 08:26 PM
rFactor update Mitch_A Simulators 3 November 15th 04 08:59 PM
The Gallery Plug Saga Update Colin VW air cooled 2 November 12th 04 04:02 AM
West Racing update Paulinho Simulators 6 October 27th 04 03:21 PM