Logitech Driving Force Pro -What WERE they thinking?

Old August 27th 05, 03:38 AM
alexti

"Larry" > wrote in news:WAIOe.14$Fj.5@lakeread06:

> I have a Momo Force, but it's not as good as the MSFFW for me.
>
> I get the box home, clamp it to the desk and...
>
> It falls off. It falls right the hell off.

Curious... I had similar problem with MSFFW when comparing it with
Guillemot Ferrari FF that I had before. I've solved the problem by opening
MSFF and bolting it to the desk (with real bolts going through the bottom
of the wheel and through the desk). That works amazingly well, the wheel is
not going anywhere anytime soon Should work with any wheel... I wonder
why no genius has come out with such a simple idea

Alex.
Old August 28th 05, 05:32 AM
Larry

Never had a problem with my MSFFW's. The clamps reach deep to the back of
the wheel assembly, and it can't rotate down over the curved edge of the
desk, like the DFP did.

-Larry

Old August 30th 05, 02:08 AM
alexti

"Larry" > wrote in news:K7bQe.898$Cc5.870@lakeread06:

> Never had a problem with my MSFFW's. The clamps reach deep to the back
> of the wheel assembly, and it can't rotate down over the curved edge of
> the desk, like the DFP did.

With MSFFW problem is in up-down direction. There's nothing that holds the
front of the wheel from going up.