battery cut-off switch?

Old June 16th 05, 11:55 PM
Jack Carter

Default battery cut-off switch?

Any reason NOT to use one? And which is the better of the two - the knife
switch or the one with the screw-down knob? A friend tells me that
regardless of which one I get, I'll have to wait 5 or 10 minutes after
turning it from off to on for the computer to re-set things. That doesn't
make much sense to me.

It has removed 308 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

Old June 17th 05, 02:46 AM
Bob G.

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 17:55:38 -0500, "Jack Carter"
> wrote:

>Any reason NOT to use one? And which is the better of the two - the knife
>switch or the one with the screw-down knob? A friend tells me that
>regardless of which one I get, I'll have to wait 5 or 10 minutes after
>turning it from off to on for the computer to re-set things. That doesn't
>make much sense to me.

============
I run NAHA approved battery cutr of switches in my 64 72 76 & 79
Vettes... Those cheap screw down or knife blade ones are NOT approved
for drag racing..

However on my 95 I do not run a battery cut off switch mainly because
I would hate to Teach that damncomputer how I drive every darn time I
take it out of the garage....

Bob Griffiths
Old June 17th 05, 10:38 PM
Jack Carter

Thanx for your input. I used to do a LOT of drag racing several years ago,
until I got my share of trophies. Now, there are times when my Vette (2002
Z06) sits in the garage long enough for the battery to drain. As long as
the
closed switch will pass enough current to satisfy the car's electrical
needs, it'll be OK. Most of the time, I'm driving my "4-door Vette" - a
Dodge Magnum RT that would probably surprise the hell out of a lot of
enthusiasts.

"Bob G." > wrote in message
> On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 17:55:38 -0500, "Jack Carter"
> > wrote:
>
>>Any reason NOT to use one? And which is the better of the two - the

knife
>>switch or the one with the screw-down knob? A friend tells me that
>>regardless of which one I get, I'll have to wait 5 or 10 minutes after
>>turning it from off to on for the computer to re-set things. That

doesn't
>>make much sense to me.

> ============
> I run NAHA approved battery cutr of switches in my 64 72 76 & 79
> Vettes... Those cheap screw down or knife blade ones are NOT approved
> for drag racing..
>
> However on my 95 I do not run a battery cut off switch mainly because
> I would hate to Teach that damncomputer how I drive every darn time I
> take it out of the garage....
>
> Bob Griffiths

It has removed 204 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

Old June 21st 05, 05:39 AM

I drove one of the Magnums with a 340 hp hemi. Impressive off the line but
at highway speeds it felt slow. Also the handling in corners it no where
near a vette.

Old June 22nd 05, 12:53 AM
Jack Carter

You shouldn't EXPECT it to handle or run like a Vette! I just said it
would
"probably surprise the hell out of a lot of enthusiasts".

> wrote in message
>I drove one of the Magnums with a 340 hp hemi. Impressive off the line

but
> at highway speeds it felt slow. Also the handling in corners it no where
> near a vette.
>

> "Jack Carter" > wrote in message
>> Thanx for your input. I used to do a LOT of drag racing several years
>> ago,
>> until I got my share of trophies. Now, there are times when my Vette
>> (2002
>> Z06) sits in the garage long enough for the battery to drain. As long

as
>> the
>> closed switch will pass enough current to satisfy the car's electrical
>> needs, it'll be OK. Most of the time, I'm driving my "4-door Vette" - a
>> Dodge Magnum RT that would probably surprise the hell out of a lot of
>> enthusiasts.
>>

>> "Bob G." > wrote in message
>> > On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 17:55:38 -0500, "Jack Carter"

>> knife

after

>> doesn't
>> > ============
>> > I run NAHA approved battery cutr of switches in my 64 72 76 & 79
>> > Vettes... Those cheap screw down or knife blade ones are NOT approved
>> > for drag racing..
>> >
>> > However on my 95 I do not run a battery cut off switch mainly because
>> > I would hate to Teach that damncomputer how I drive every darn time I
>> > take it out of the garage....
>> >
>> > Bob Griffiths

>> --
>> I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users.
>> It has removed 204 spam emails to date.
>> Paying users do not have this message in their emails.
>> Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

It has removed 319 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

78 camper Dual Battery Question Matthewd VW air cooled 2 March 29th 05 09:20 PM
The electrical curse of my 68' Ray Dios Haque VW air cooled 15 February 27th 05 01:20 PM
battery question Jim Beaver General 14 November 6th 04 10:54 PM
74 Cutlass with starting problem Amanda Robin Antique cars 12 October 26th 04 02:46 AM
Ign Switch Failure examination 91 B3 dave VW water cooled 0 October 2nd 04 04:46 PM