Tennessee: 'Super speeder' bill will return next year, rep says

Old June 4th 10, 11:00 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
lil abner[_2_]

Default Tennessee: 'Super speeder' bill will return next year, rep says

it's all about money
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2...urn-next-year/
Old June 5th 10, 04:12 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.true-crime,misc.legal,alt.politics
Criminal Drivers Murder 40,000 Americans a Year

On Jun 4, 4:00*pm, lil abner > wrote:
> it's all about moneyhttp://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2010/jun/04/tennessee-super-speede...

Super-speeders are the most dangerous terrorists in america and that's
how the legislators should sell this. Tell the public "Do you want
your kid killed by some psycho doing 50 in a school zone or crashing
into your car while he's doing 100 on an interstate?
Old June 5th 10, 04:23 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.true-crime,misc.legal
lil abner[_2_]

Criminal Drivers Murder 40,000 Americans a Year wrote:
> On Jun 4, 4:00 pm, lil abner > wrote:
>> it's all about moneyhttp://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2010/jun/04/tennessee-super-speede...

> Super-speeders are the most dangerous terrorists in america and that's
> how the legislators should sell this. Tell the public "Do you want
> your kid killed by some psycho doing 50 in a school zone or crashing
> into your car while he's doing 100 on an interstate?

I don't want them crashing into my car while doing 20.
Old June 5th 10, 05:14 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.true-crime,misc.legal,alt.politics
Kennewick Man the first, the BEST!

On Jun 4, 11:12*pm, "Criminal Drivers Murder 40,000 Americans a Year"
> wrote:
> On Jun 4, 4:00*pm, lil abner > wrote:
>
> > it's all about moneyhttp://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2010/jun/04/tennessee-super-speede...

> Super-speeders are the most dangerous terrorists in america and that's
> how the legislators should sell this. *Tell the public "Do you want
> your kid killed by some psycho doing 50 in a school zone or crashing
> into your car while he's doing 100 on an interstate?

Why not install controls on all cars that limit them electronically to
the speed of an area? You could use transmitters in those areas to
govern the car speeds.
P.S., if this sick dream of leftist control came true, it would be a
sad world indeed.
Old June 5th 10, 05:22 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
lil abner[_2_]

Kennewick Man; the first, the BEST! wrote:
> On Jun 4, 11:12 pm, "Criminal Drivers Murder 40,000 Americans a Year"
> > wrote:
>> On Jun 4, 4:00 pm, lil abner > wrote:
>>
>>> it's all about moneyhttp://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2010/jun/04/tennessee-super-speede...

>> Super-speeders are the most dangerous terrorists in america and that's
>> how the legislators should sell this. Tell the public "Do you want
>> your kid killed by some psycho doing 50 in a school zone or crashing
>> into your car while he's doing 100 on an interstate?

> Why not install controls on all cars that limit them electronically to
> the speed of an area? You could use transmitters in those areas to
> govern the car speeds.
> P.S., if this sick dream of leftist control came true, it would be a
> sad world indeed.

GThey're experimenting with that very idea in Britain using GPS systems.
Old June 5th 10, 06:39 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.true-crime,misc.legal
Matt Wiser[_3_]

"lil abner" > wrote in message
> Criminal Drivers Murder 40,000 Americans a Year wrote:
> > On Jun 4, 4:00 pm, lil abner > wrote:
> >> it's all about

moneyhttp://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2010/jun/04/tennessee-super-speede..
..

> > Super-speeders are the most dangerous terrorists in america and that's
> > how the legislators should sell this. Tell the public "Do you want
> > your kid killed by some psycho doing 50 in a school zone or crashing
> > into your car while he's doing 100 on an interstate?

> I don't want them crashing into my car while doing 20.

Considering you're always doing 20....if you're doing 20 on an Interstate
and everyone's passing you, get the hell out of the way and off the road.

Old June 5th 10, 01:40 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.true-crime,misc.legal
lil abner[_2_]

Matt Wiser wrote:
> "lil abner" > wrote in message
>> Criminal Drivers Murder 40,000 Americans a Year wrote:

> moneyhttp://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2010/jun/04/tennessee-super-speede..
> .
>>> Super-speeders are the most dangerous terrorists in america and that's
>>> how the legislators should sell this. Tell the public "Do you want
>>> your kid killed by some psycho doing 50 in a school zone or crashing
>>> into your car while he's doing 100 on an interstate?

>> I don't want them crashing into my car while doing 20.

> Considering you're always doing 20....if you're doing 20 on an Interstate
> and everyone's passing you, get the hell out of the way and off the road.

dwedwedwedwedweb
Old June 5th 10, 04:20 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.true-crime,misc.legal,alt.politics
Criminal Drivers Murder 40,000 Americans a Year

On Jun 4, 10:14*pm, "Kennewick Man; the first, the BEST!"
> wrote:

> Why not install controls on all cars that limit them electronically to
> the speed of an area? *You could use transmitters in those areas to
> govern the car speeds.
> P.S., if this sick dream of leftist control came true, it would be a
> sad world indeed.

We have to do something to stop the incredible carnage on the
highways. Reckless drivers are the biggest crime problem we have, and
the most correctable, but the sheeepy public has been brainswashed
into accepting it.
Old June 5th 10, 05:06 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,misc.legal,alt.politics
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 08:20:05 -0700 (PDT), "Criminal Drivers Murder
40,000 Americans a Year" > wrote:

>On Jun 4, 10:14*pm, "Kennewick Man; the first, the BEST!"
> wrote:
>
>> Why not install controls on all cars that limit them electronically to
>> the speed of an area? *You could use transmitters in those areas to
>> govern the car speeds.
>> P.S., if this sick dream of leftist control came true, it would be a
>> sad world indeed.

>We have to do something to stop the incredible carnage on the
>highways. Reckless drivers are the biggest crime problem we have, and
>the most correctable, but the sheeepy public has been brainswashed
>into accepting it.

There is no incredible carnage on the highways. There are roughly
40,000 fatalities a year, which comes out to an average of 2 people
killed per day per state. Considering the millions of miles traveled
every day that's a VERY low statistic. For the US it's about 120 per
day. 2500 die each day from Cardiovascular disease, over 1500 from
cancer, almost 200 from diabetes. Full list here...

http://www.applet-magic.com/mortality0.htm

Go get your panties in a wad over something that's actually worrisome.
Old June 5th 10, 05:25 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.true-crime,misc.legal,alt.politics
lorad

On Jun 4, 11:12*pm, "Criminal Drivers Murder 40,000 Americans a Year"
> wrote:
> On Jun 4, 4:00*pm, lil abner > wrote:
>
> > it's all about moneyhttp://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2010/jun/04/tennessee-super-speede...

> Super-speeders are the most dangerous terrorists in america and that's
> how the legislators should sell this. *Tell the public "Do you want
> your kid killed by some psycho doing 50 in a school zone or crashing
> into your car while he's doing 100 on an interstate?

I buried the needle at 115 on my motorcycle once.
It was amazing. The cars I was passing on the interstate seemed
literally, to be standing still.
What a trip.