GTLegends - ABS on the vette?

Old August 25th 05, 10:52 AM
Jeff Reid

Default GTLegends - ABS on the vette?

I choose pro mode, supposedly with all assists off, but
I can't lock up the tires under braking.

Old August 25th 05, 12:32 PM
Malc

"Jeff Reid" > wrote in message
> I choose pro mode, supposedly with all assists off, but
> I can't lock up the tires under braking.

I thought the same at first but I think the brakes just aren't powerful
enough to lock the wheels at speed.

I'm not describing it as a fault with the sim, just the nature of the car
being simulated.

Malc.

Old August 25th 05, 02:37 PM
Steve Simpson

> I'm not describing it as a fault with the sim, just the nature of the car
> being simulated.

Yeah, American cars aren't known for their brakes ;-)

By contrast, the Lotus locks up very easily under braking. I use a little
throttle to stabilise it.
Old August 25th 05, 04:25 PM
mcewena

You've obviously never driven anything heavy with drum brakes all
around

Now they'll have they model "brake fade" too

Old August 25th 05, 05:21 PM
Jeff Reid

> You've obviously never driven anything heavy with drum brakes all
> around

Well my first car, a 1964 Ford Country Squire station wagon, the
modern day equivalent of a tank (big trucks would pull out of my
way out of fear), king of many a destruction derby, could lock
up the brakes, but then again I didn't have racing slicks on it.

Later I got cars with disc brakes, 1969 396SS Chevelle, 1969 440
Dodge Charger R/T, back in the days when these cars were cheap
(late 1970's).

Old August 25th 05, 06:40 PM
Plowboy

I know they at least had front disc brakes, I also know my Elcamino had Disc
in front (71) so I cannot believe the vette didnt have all wheel discs...
But I am not the vette expert. the same amount of ungrippynes for
acceleration, the tires should suffer from braking strains...

Jeff Reid enlightened us with:

Old August 25th 05, 06:48 PM
mcewena

>I know they at least had front disc brakes,

To be honest I don't even know what year vette is in the demo, I
suspect the vette came out with disk fronts sometime in the early
sixties and 4 wheel disks 10 years later, I imagine there are sites
that could tell you the exact serial number in the production run.

But effective braking wasn't ever a strong selling point of detroit
muscle cars

Old August 25th 05, 06:52 PM
mcewena

>I suspect the vette came out with disk fronts sometime in the early sixties

Close mid 60's or about 8 years after my lowly TR3 had them...

http://www.corvettefever.com/howto/153_0111_DISK/

Old August 25th 05, 09:18 PM
Plowboy

Glad you found it, I started hunting for the info... I agree all American
cars ill admit was about acceleration, hell be it you had to stop, ROFL...
the Elcamino (400CI small block) would pull a house and go 80mph with it in
tow, vigorously & without hardly a whine, but slam on the brakes, and WOW,
you had a whole different creature, heheheheee Hyde-Jeckyl performance I'd
call it..

mcewena enlightened us with:

Old August 26th 05, 06:16 AM
Alan Le

> I choose pro mode, supposedly with all assists off, but
> I can't lock up the tires under braking.

Did you disable the assists available in the options menu as well? "Pro
Mode" only refers to certain assists. There are a few that don't fall under
its umbrella.

Alan