.8 Gs, why not?

Old February 9th 06, 06:54 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default .8 Gs, why not?

"RicSeyler" > wrote in message
.. .
> LOL There is no way to really tell!
> He's always finding himself with vision going grayscale in the
> periphery
> and then going into tunnelvision. It's called, him watching high
> school
> cheerleaders practice down the street! :-)

Oops, I thought those were Holsteins???

Dad
One used Surge milk stool

Old February 10th 06, 12:03 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Your HUD had a G meter in it? I don't think my '04 ZO6 has one, but I'm not
usually looking at the HUD in a hard turn.

Ed

Old February 10th 06, 12:40 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"Spud" > wrote in message
om...
> Your HUD had a G meter in it? I don't think my '04 ZO6 has one, but
> I'm not usually looking at the HUD in a hard turn.
>
> Ed
>

> "Dad" > wrote in message
>> "John Shepardson" > wrote in message
>>> Maybe pulling all those Gs caused you to hallucinate.
>>>
>>> John

>> Actually .8 Gs is not hard to pull, just hard to read the HUD when
>> you're busy doing something else. It's easy to pull .6 on a
>> sweeping entry ramp at less than full throttle and the .8 was on a
>> 90 degree corner. I have pulled more then that without
>> hallucinating but had the help of a flight suit in an F16D. Being
>> weightless bothered me more but was able to avoid any FOD in my
>> oxygen system.
>>
>> --
>> Dad
>> 05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
>> 72 Shark Black/Black/4spd

Yes, and you're right, they are hard to read when you're in a tight
turn. One thing they could improve on is the format of the G meter and
display it in a bigger number like the speed. The tachometer should
also be a number and not the little dashes. It is basically the same
size that my '04 had with more in it to make it harder to quickly
read.

I realize that most hard driving is done by an acquired feeling rather
than watching the gages. My thoughts are that if you have it then you
should be able to use it, but you should be able to see it at a
glance.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old February 10th 06, 04:10 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

>Your HUD had a G meter in it?

I think Dad may have been referring to the HUD on a Falcon (not the early
'60's Ford). If that's the case, it sure did. Had a bunch of other info on
it as well, like a tracking pip, altitude, airspeed, etc.

Charlie

om...

Old February 10th 06, 06:20 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"Charlie Funk" > wrote in message
> >Your HUD had a G meter in it?

> I think Dad may have been referring to the HUD on a Falcon (not the
> early '60's Ford). If that's the case, it sure did. Had a bunch of
> other info on it as well, like a tracking pip, altitude, airspeed,
> etc.
>
> Charlie

Actually I've never been in a Falcon, a Lear 25, 35, and just recently
a 45 and the F16D, yes, but not a Falcon. My guess is that my C6 is no
different than all the other C6 HUDs out there.
http://www.corvettemuseum.com/specs/2006/index.shtml From a review
site.
http://www.dealtime.com/xPR-Chevrole...D-164784803460
http://www.motoralley.com/reviews/ch...tte_coupe1.htm &
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...ad.php?t=11286

Plus I think a few of you have missed the fact that it was stated as
..8 and not 8 Gs. I've never been over 4 in a plane and that was plenty
good enough for me. Since 9 is suicidal 8 is not on the menu for me.

--
Dad
What do you mean you missed a period?