88 PGMFI accessing PCV tube at crankcase?

Old April 1st 05, 10:57 PM
Eric

Default 88 PGMFI accessing PCV tube at crankcase?

I disconnected the PCV Valve tube from the PCV Valve and cannot detect
any air flow so I think the tube may be blocked. Does this sound
reasonable?

I want to clean the tube by removing it and knocking any debris out of
it but I can't unfasten the tube from the crankcase. By sliding my
hand under the (I don't know what they're called but the silver
branches coming from the fuel injector to the crankcase) I can just
barely touch the fastener with a finger after I remove some other
tube/wire mounts. The fastener looks like a band of steal 3/8ths wide
and I can feel two prongs(one thin and one wide) on the underside of
the fastener about 1/4 inch apart.

Can someone please tell me how to access and remove this item?

thanks a lot
Eric
Old April 2nd 05, 04:53 AM
TeGGer®

Eric > wrote in :

> I disconnected the PCV Valve tube from the PCV Valve and cannot detect
> any air flow so I think the tube may be blocked. Does this sound
> reasonable?

Which "tube"? The one from the engine to the PCV, or the one from the PCV
to the intake manifold?

> I want to clean the tube by removing it and knocking any debris out of
> it but I can't unfasten the tube from the crankcase. By sliding my
> hand under the (I don't know what they're called but the silver
> branches coming from the fuel injector to the crankcase)

Holy moly. You should NOT be touching your vehicle in this manner. It seems
you have NO idea what you're doing.

How do you know there's anything wrong, anyway?

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old April 2nd 05, 05:16 AM
Eric

On 2 Apr 2005 03:53:55 GMT, "TeGGer®" > wrote:

>Eric > wrote in :
>
>> I disconnected the PCV Valve tube from the PCV Valve and cannot detect
>> any air flow so I think the tube may be blocked. Does this sound
>> reasonable?

>Which "tube"? The one from the engine to the PCV, or the one from the PCV
>to the intake manifold?
>

>> I want to clean the tube by removing it and knocking any debris out of
>> it but I can't unfasten the tube from the crankcase. By sliding my
>> hand under the (I don't know what they're called but the silver
>> branches coming from the fuel injector to the crankcase)

>Holy moly. You should NOT be touching your vehicle in this manner. It seems
>you have NO idea what you're doing.
>
>How do you know there's anything wrong, anyway?

the valve sits on top imbedded in one of the intake manifold
branches(I think that's what they're called) so there is just 1 tube
from the valve to the engine and its very hard to reach. Too bad I
don't have a digital camera.

any suggestions?
thanks
Eric

PS: the valve itself looks like this,
http://img.eautopartscatalog.com/live/B204045532NOV.JPG

Oh yeah, I'm puffing smoke badly so trying to fix that before aircare.

thanks very much for your help and concern. now lets get this fixed!
lol.

Eric
Old April 6th 05, 10:56 PM
Eric

Eric wrote:

> the valve sits on top imbedded in one of the intake manifold
> branches(I think that's what they're called) so there is just 1 tube
> from the valve to the engine and its very hard to reach. Too bad I
> don't have a digital camera.
>
> any suggestions?
> thanks
> Eric
>
> PS: the valve itself looks like this,
> http://img.eautopartscatalog.com/live/B204045532NOV.JPG
>
> Oh yeah, I'm puffing smoke badly so trying to fix that before aircare.
>
> thanks very much for your help and concern. now lets get this fixed!
> lol.

Remove the PCV valve and shake it. Does it rattle? If not, or if it hasn't
been replaced in roughly the last 60K miles, install a new one and see if
that helps your smoking problem.

Some other Eric