turbonator

Old August 3rd 05, 07:13 PM
Spike

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 00:58:09 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
> wrote:

>Spike wrote:
>> Jim Jones?
>>

> I'll see your Jim Jones and a Jimmy Swaggart, and I rais ya TWO
>Jerry Falwels!!

I'll see your Jerry Falwells and raise you a place your hand on your
TV Tilton and an Out Devil and let this Sister hear again Angely. : 0

Spike
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40
16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial
225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country,
I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it."
-JFK Inaugural Address
Old August 3rd 05, 07:15 PM
Spike

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 01:18:00 -0400, Kidd Andersson
> wrote:

>Spike wrote:
>
>> I provided an example. The rest of your quotes appear to follow in the
>> same vein. You are not apparently dealing in facts as you claim, but
>> in propaganda. The truth twisted to serve your personal agenda.
>>

>This is why I posted my other comment. I'm aware that I have this
>looking through rose colored glasses problem and try my damnedest to get
>through my day viewing the world's atrocities in my peripheral vision.
>I'm the happy happy joy joy type of person. This doesn't mean I don't
>acknowledge what's going on around me. I'm fairly observant.
>That being said, I KNOW there are people that are really this ignorant
>and fanatical and.. well... intellectually lacking. But I STILL don't
>want to believe it!
>How does natural selection miss these people?

Not enough chlorine in the gene pool.... : )

>I don't understand why some feel the need to misconstrue, twist facts
>and try to make a case for their ****ed up view on things with lies. I
>learned a long time ago that there are some people who have their own
>issues going on in their head, so they pick a popular topic, learn as
>much as they can about it and use it to make themselves interesting or
>important. Politics is one of the favorite things among these people.
>These are usually the people that come up with hair brained ideas and
>schemes full of holes and lies and do their best to try and convince
>everyone they're right.
>
>Why are we wasting our breath on them? Aren't there bigger and better
>battles to be fought and won?

There comes a time to draw a line in the sand, and as you'll see in
another post, for me the time arrived..... : )

Old August 3rd 05, 09:18 PM
Kidd Andersson

Spike wrote:

> On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 00:58:09 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
> > wrote:
>

>>Spike wrote:
>>
>>>Jim Jones?
>>>

>> I'll see your Jim Jones and a Jimmy Swaggart, and I rais ya TWO
>>Jerry Falwels!!

> I'll see your Jerry Falwells and raise you a place your hand on your
> TV Tilton and an Out Devil and let this Sister hear again Angely. : 0

You forgot to add the hallelujah and amen!
Old August 4th 05, 12:28 AM
Spike

and the don't forget to send in your seed money so it can be returned
10 fold.... and a new selection of Prayer Handkerchiefs came in from
Target and Kirkland just delivered a new shipment of Miracle Spring
Water.....

Looks like I'm not the only one finds those people while operating the
flipperdinger at oh dark thirty. But, hey, I get bored watching the
knife channel and the fake gemstone channel.... : 0 ) LOL

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 16:18:00 -0400, Kidd Andersson

Old August 4th 05, 02:59 AM
Joe

Kidd Andersson > wrote in
:

> Joe wrote:
>> Spike > wrote in
>> :

m:

>> happy

>> blown

>> jury

>>>Part of that, I believe, is because such people rarely get a jury
>>>of their peers. In other words... the rich and famous. If it were
>>>the rich and famous sitting on the jury, they would be less awed by
>>>someone like OJ.

>> Maybe less awed, but no less stupid. Consider guys like Tom
>> Cruise...

>> wealthy

>>>Ah, but, that has existed in about every civilization in history.

>> The
>>
>>>difference is that even the rich and famous in our system do get
>>>punished sometimes. OJ and MJ are standout exceptions because of
>>>the nature of the crimes.

>> IMO, those crimes are heinous. All the more reason to prosecute
>> them vigorously.

>> new

>> away.
>>
>>>I can think of tons of fathers, and mothers, you just convicted for
>>>being normal. Your statement was to broad and generalized not to

>> catch
>>
>>>normal parents in the web.

>> Now don't get all technical on me - you know what I meant. Let's
>> rephrase: Any grown man who has pre-teens or older (up until the
>> age of consent) sleeping with him in his bed needs help and/or to
>> be put away. And that includes parents.
>>

> Okay. I didn't get this far in the thread when I just posted a
> little bit ago. All is forgiven.

Why thanks. But I don't know what I'm being forgiven for...

> My baby turned 3 today and she still sleeps with me at home and she
> sleeps with her dad at his house. She has her own bed in both places
> and refuses to sleep in them.

I forsee a trend, perhaps? Our son slept in his own crib from the
beginning. Of course, the crib started out in our room, but we never
had to ween him out of our bed. And he was/is never starved for love.

> I have absolutely no worries
> whatsoever about her sleeping in bed with him HOWEVER I agree that
> there is an age limit where parents should be looked at a little
> closer if they exhibit "odd" behavior. A 14 year old still sleeping
> in her dad's bed is one of those things that makes you go "Hmm..."
> It could be completely innocent, and maybe it's not.

Sorry, Kidd, but IMO that's _definitely_ not innocent. See my
rephrased statement above.

> I'd like to
> think they're all innocent when it comes to their own children but
> by now we're all smart enough to admit that some people are simply
> atrocious. My daughter is at the age now where she's starting to
> have a pretty darn good memory. She's no longer allowed in the room
> when dad's changing or going pee or taking a shower. As an infant we
> thought nothing of it but now is a different story. Seeing her dad
> in the buff isn't a memory I want her cringing from when she's 16.
> (I once saw my dad's butt and it was a traumatizing experience to a
> 7 year old) I still let her in the shower and bathroom and for
> changing with me, but that too is about to end...

From your comments, I think you see the same things that I do. I'll
never forget (to my dismay) the time I walked in on my mother getting
dressed and she was pretty much naked. I was around 9 or so. Scary
thought even to this day.

> Today she told me I had a big butt. I felt justified in telling
> her I
> didn't have that big butt until she came along.
>
> K.

LOL! Touche.
Old August 4th 05, 03:14 AM
Joe

Kidd Andersson > wrote in
:

> Joe wrote:
>>>My baby wouldn't
>>>sleep in her own bed even as an infant. Nothing we tried could get
>>>her to sleep in her own bed so she slept with us from the day she
>>>came home from the hospital. I know why we let our daughter sleep
>>>with us, but I also know that she's young enough that it's not
>>>going to do any lasting damage to her. It might be a little harder
>>>to get her out of it since she's been there for 3 years but that's
>>>about it. She's about to be weened from the parent bed to her own
>>>because I do firmly believe that if you let a child sleep with you
>>>for too long, they'll never develop independance and learn to
>>>comfort themselves which can have nasty consequences on her as a
>>>teen and adult.

>> Exactly. You've answered your own question from above.

> I still don't think it's SICK. Maybe our definitions of the word are
> different. It's perhaps a danger to the child's ability to cope as
> he/she gets older.

OK, in my book that's called 'sick' because it's basically screwing up
your child's head (and possibly other things). Parents are supposed
to do everything possible to contribute to the child's well being, not
the opposite.

> However, with your enlightenment of WHY she has all the kids sleep
> with her... I think she needs a bit of education and maybe a trip or
> two down to Dr. Phil. She's damaging her kids by not letting them
> go. It's going to screw them up and kill her relationship with them.

Absolutely. And that's a great example of a sick-o mother that's
hurting her kids and not helping them. The father was just as much at
fault for not doing anything about it.

> Now, if it was the KIDS wanting to sleep in bed with mom and dad
> (such as in my case), then I don't see anything wrong with it up
> until that certain age.

Why start it to begin with? Sure, I'm the first one in line to shower
my kid with love and affection, but he can get that (and he certainly
did get that and continues to get it) without sleeping in our bed.

> By 7, the parents should be able to foster
> the confidence and self-comfort in a kid of that age. If not, they
> need to hit some parenting classes. I'm not perfect but young kids
> aren't rocket science.
>

>> So what's your opinion of Michael Jackson?

> He's sleeping with kids that ARE NOT his. I don't care if Johnny
> Depp calls and invites my kid over for a sleepover to sleep in his
> bed, he's obviously got some strange issues. I love kids, mine or
> not, but I'm not bringing them into my bed.
> IF MJ wasn't proven to be such a ****ing flake, I wouldn't think
> anything of him having his own kids in his bed.

I guess on that point we'll agree to disagree. Don't get me wrong -
it's fine to all pile in once in a while, but I don't believe in
allowing kids to sleep with their parent(s) every night.

> That's if he was a
> normal human being, but he's not. He's some sort of alien plant here
> to judge what kind of weird behavior he can get away with
> apparently. If you told me you had a 5 year old that wouldn't sleep
> in his own bed and slept with you, I would think nothing of it. If
> anyone here told me their children slept in bed with them up to the
> age of maybe 4 or 5, I wouldn't think anything of it.
> MJ is not a "regular" parent. He's shown for years with his public
> behavior, what he's done to his face, and how he treats his kids
> what a flippin nutcase he is. When someone is as off-the-wall as
> that, he shouldn't be allowed to breed or be around kids period.
> I'd say the same of anyone else who acted like that.

Now that's a nice topic for another thread. I basically agree with
you, but you know that within a nanosecond someone will pop up and ask
who gets to determine the "line" where someone shouldn't breed.

> AND, on my last little thought here... His whole spew about it being
> such a "loving" act... Umm... sleeping next to a 3 year old so she
> feels secure and safe and loved is a "loving" act. Not sleeping next
> to a 13 year old that has his own damn parents to love him.
>
> K.

There ya go.
Old August 4th 05, 03:16 AM
Joe

In general, of course.

Spike > wrote in
:

Old August 4th 05, 03:16 AM
Joe

In general, of course.

Spike > wrote in
:

Old August 4th 05, 03:39 AM
Spike

But generally only in Private would I admit to a General statement...
: )

:

Old August 4th 05, 03:41 AM
Spike

Of course, but that's Chiefly because it's a General subject and not a
Private one.

: