2000 Civic EX bucks at 3k-3.5k RPM

Old October 8th 05, 05:00 PM
flynshoot

Default 2000 Civic EX bucks at 3k-3.5k RPM

My 2000 Civic EX starts bucking around 3k rpm if I am under slow or
steady throttle. If am accelerating hard it does not do it.

The car also drops rpm and occassionally stalls at traffic lights. I
have changed the plugs and fuel filter to no avail.

Any ideas?

flynshoot

Old October 8th 05, 05:37 PM
Elle

"flynshoot" > wrote
> My 2000 Civic EX starts bucking around 3k rpm if I am under slow or
> steady throttle. If am accelerating hard it does not do it.
>
> The car also drops rpm and occassionally stalls at traffic lights. I
> have changed the plugs and fuel filter to no avail.

Knock off one other small, Do-It-Yourself, item: New air filter.

Does it do this only after the car is warmed up? If so, this symptom is
consistent with a failing distributor coil. Not sure the failing distributor
coil would cause the 3k rpm bucking, though.

How many miles on your car?

Old October 8th 05, 10:36 PM
DaveB

Condensation in the fuel system can cause these symptoms. Add a can of
"Heet" to your fuel tank and see if this helps.
This is the time of year, with temperature differences during night and day,
that fuel tanks should be kept as full as possible. This will help prevent
condensation.
Dave
ups.com...

Old October 9th 05, 02:16 AM
flynshoot

There appears to be no pattern. Some times it will do it right out of
the garage in the morning. Other times it will do it after its been
running for awhile. Sometimes it doesn't do it at all.

It's driving me nuts.

fNs

Old October 9th 05, 09:49 PM
High

DaveB wrote:
> Condensation in the fuel system can cause these symptoms. Add a can of
> "Heet" to your fuel tank and see if this helps.

Gasoline (in the USA) is already 10% alcohol. That's aproximately two 6
oz. cans of heet per gallon of gas.
Old October 12th 05, 12:41 AM
flynshoot

Ok, I think I may have isolated a symptom.

The car ran great when it was at a half tank of fuel or less. As soon
as I filled it this morning, it started bucking at around 3000 rpm at
part throttle. It also drops rpm at stoplights and occassionally
stalls.

Any ideas?

Thanx.

flyNshoot

Old October 12th 05, 06:49 PM
'Curly Q. Links'

flynshoot wrote:

> Sorry if this is a repost, but I didn't see the original.
>
> Ok, I think I may have isolated a symptom.
>
> The car ran great when it was at a half tank of fuel or less. As soon
> as I filled it this morning, it started bucking at around 3000 rpm at
> part throttle. It also drops rpm at stoplights and occassionally
> stalls.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanx.
>
> flyNshoot

--------------------------------------

If a first Generation CR-V stalls at the first stop light before it's
warmed right up, the valves are about to burn, since they are too tight.
On the CR-V they need to be done every 50,000 Km.

I missed your mileage . . Any chance it's overdue for a valve
adjustment? I realize the engine is completely different.

'Curly'
Old October 13th 05, 03:46 AM
flynshoot

Mileage is 86,0000 miles.

fNs

Old October 14th 05, 06:17 PM
VelociRacer

Have you checked the condition of the EGR valve on your car if it has
one? Me thinks it is due for a cleaning/replacement. Check a service
manual, preferably the factory Helm one.

2000 Honda Civic Starting issue Subhabrata Bhattacharyya Honda 2 July 15th 05 01:59 AM
2000 Civic P0135 heated HO2S someone Honda 6 May 19th 05 07:17 AM
Honda OEM Parts Catalogs for Sale Joe Honda 0 February 12th 05 01:43 PM
2000 Civic DX BE Honda 5 January 31st 05 11:28 PM
2000 Honda Civic Power Window Problem [email protected] Honda 6 October 31st 04 01:46 AM