Get Ready To Pay Four Bucks A Gallon

Old September 1st 05, 12:38 AM

Default Get Ready To Pay Four Bucks A Gallon

NEW YORK - Consumers can expect retail gas prices to rise to $4 a
gallon soon, but whether they stay there depends on the long-term
damage to oil facilities from Hurricane Katrina, oil and gas analysts
said Wednesday.

"There's no question gas will hit $4 a gallon," Ben Brockwell, director
of pricing at the Oil Price Information Service, said. "The question is
how high will it go and how long will it last?"

Is the modern muscle car era over, and is return of the Mustang II just
around the corner?

Patrick
'93 Cobra

Old September 1st 05, 02:25 AM
dwight

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> NEW YORK - Consumers can expect retail gas prices to rise to $4 a
> gallon soon, but whether they stay there depends on the long-term
> damage to oil facilities from Hurricane Katrina, oil and gas analysts
> said Wednesday.
>
> "There's no question gas will hit $4 a gallon," Ben Brockwell, director
> of pricing at the Oil Price Information Service, said. "The question is
> how high will it go and how long will it last?"
>
> Is the modern muscle car era over, and is return of the Mustang II just
> around the corner?
>
> Patrick
> '93 Cobra

I watched with dismay the looting going on in New Orleans.

The hurricane hit on Monday. Prices at my local station went up 30
cents/gallon since then, ON GASOLINE THEY ALREADY HAD IN THE TANK.

Right now, I see no difference between the looters and the gas station
owners.

dwight

Old September 1st 05, 02:39 AM

dwight wrote:

> > NEW YORK - Consumers can expect retail gas prices to rise to $4 a
> > gallon soon, but whether they stay there depends on the long-term
> > damage to oil facilities from Hurricane Katrina, oil and gas analysts
> > said Wednesday.

> > "There's no question gas will hit $4 a gallon," Ben Brockwell, director
> > of pricing at the Oil Price Information Service, said. "The question is
> > how high will it go and how long will it last?"

> > Is the modern muscle car era over, and is return of the Mustang II just
> > around the corner?

> I watched with dismay the looting going on in New Orleans.

> The hurricane hit on Monday. Prices at my local station went up 30
> cents/gallon since then, ON GASOLINE THEY ALREADY HAD IN THE TANK.

> Right now, I see no difference between the looters and the gas station
> owners.

dwight,

It's soon going to look like 1974 all over again. You remember,
dwight. You couldn't give away a "gas guzzler." The old muscle cars
were pushed out to pasture. It's now set to happen to our latest breed
too. Not to mention the scores of overweight SUVs.

If gas prices continue to escalate you'll be able to buy any of those
"big rigs" for the paper money you happen to have in your wallet.
Imagine a big sign... Hummers, 80% off. And to think, GM recently put
all their fresh eggs into the SUV market by killing investment in new
sedans in order to rush a fresh set of big SUVs to market...

Patrick
'93 Cobra

Old September 1st 05, 02:49 AM
Quiet Desperation

In article >, dwight
> wrote:

> The hurricane hit on Monday. Prices at my local station went up 30
> cents/gallon since then, ON GASOLINE THEY ALREADY HAD IN THE TANK.
>
> Right now, I see no difference between the looters and the gas station
> owners.

They charge based on what it will cost to *replace* what is already in
the tank. That's Business 101.
Old September 1st 05, 02:50 AM
Quiet Desperation

In article .com>,
> wrote:

> Is the modern muscle car era over, and is return of the Mustang II just
> around the corner?

Hybrid Mustangs.

*shudder*
Old September 1st 05, 04:50 AM
Brent P

In article >, Quiet Desperation wrote:

> They charge based on what it will cost to *replace* what is already in
> the tank. That's Business 101.

Yet, when the price to replace the fuel goes down, they say 'but we paid
the high price for what's in the tank now'.

IMO, fair pricing picks one or the other, not the highest at any given
time.

The only solution is to not buy (as much).

Old September 1st 05, 04:51 AM
Brent P

In article >, Quiet Desperation wrote:
> In article .com>,
> wrote:
>
>> Is the modern muscle car era over, and is return of the Mustang II just
>> around the corner?

> Hybrid Mustangs.
> *shudder*

Could be fine if ford did it right... guess you're right, ford wouldn't
do it right. Say hi to modern mustang ii.

Old September 1st 05, 10:38 AM
John C.

"dwight" > wrote in message
news

> The hurricane hit on Monday. Prices at my local station went up 30
> cents/gallon since then, ON GASOLINE THEY ALREADY HAD IN THE TANK.
>
> Right now, I see no difference between the looters and the gas station
> owners.

Yep, pretty dang ridiculous. One particular station near me went from. $2.89 to
$3.47! sometime Tuesday. I think they are all past $3.00 for regular.

Hell, I gassed up the boat at the beginning of the season @ $3.00 marina price,
which was high at the time. I'm thinkin' of drawin' down the tank to feed the
cars, now.
--
John C.
'03 Cobra Convt.