Chrysler Town and Country front seats too tall.

Old February 19th 05, 03:31 PM
texasksufan

Default Chrysler Town and Country front seats too tall.

I recently purchased a 2001 Chrysler Town and Country LX with manual
front seats. I am 6'2" and feel like I am sitting way to high in the
seat since my head is practically touching the ceiling of the vehicle
when I drive. There is no adjustment of the seat for up and down just
forward and back as well as recline.

Does anyone know if there is anything that can be done to lower the
seat to a confortable level? I thought that maybe the seat base from a
model with power seats may be shorter and may just bolt in the place of
my manual bases but I am unsure.

ANYONE?

Thanks

DJ

Old February 20th 05, 04:19 PM
mic canic

whatever u dicide to do make sure the airbag figures in! or it may cost you
your life should the bag deploy

Old February 21st 05, 06:09 AM
texasksufan

I thought about that,but I also thought that I may be in trouble with
that all ready. If the airbag were to deploy they way it is now my head
may be pushed into the ceiling. I was thinking that the engineers would
account for the someone sitting lower since the models with power seats
are adjustable up and down.

What do you think?

Old February 23rd 05, 05:50 PM
Mike Behnke

Something you should have checked out prior to buying the van.

You should be able to put in a set of power seats without and problem.