Audi A6 2000 engine won'e start!

Old April 22nd 08, 08:01 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
TonyJ[_3_]

Default Audi A6 2000 engine won'e start!

Found a link for the coolant sensor DIY:
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/eng108.shtml

Old April 22nd 08, 04:20 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Graz

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 01:01:47 -0600, TonyJ <"tonyjnospam at nospam
visi.com"> wrote:

>Found a link for the coolant sensor DIY:
>http://www.audiworld.com/tech/eng108.shtml

It's possible that "tpow" is in the UK and has a 2.6 litre V6 (code
ABC engine) which is different to the 2.8 litre. I'd look on
vagcat.com for the position of the sensor(s).

Old April 22nd 08, 05:28 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
tpow

"Graz" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 01:01:47 -0600, TonyJ <"tonyjnospam at nospam
> visi.com"> wrote:
>
>>Found a link for the coolant sensor DIY:
>>http://www.audiworld.com/tech/eng108.shtml

> It's possible that "tpow" is in the UK and has a 2.6 litre V6 (code
> ABC engine) which is different to the 2.8 litre. I'd look on
> vagcat.com for the position of the sensor(s).
>
>>tpow wrote:
>>> "TonyJ" <"tonyjnospam at nospam visi.com"> wrote in message

>>> Tony, do you know where it is located and what it looks like so I can
>>> change
>>> it myself.
>>>
>>> and dave AKA conclusion just might be right.
>>>
>>> dj

Thanks Tony and Graz you are correct, 2.4 V6 I will look where you say

Old April 22nd 08, 06:10 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Graz

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 17:28:10 +0100, "tpow" >
wrote:

>"Graz" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 01:01:47 -0600, TonyJ <"tonyjnospam at nospam
>> visi.com"> wrote:
>>
>>>Found a link for the coolant sensor DIY:
>>>http://www.audiworld.com/tech/eng108.shtml

>> It's possible that "tpow" is in the UK and has a 2.6 litre V6 (code
>> ABC engine) which is different to the 2.8 litre. I'd look on
>> vagcat.com for the position of the sensor(s).

>Thanks Tony and Graz you are correct, 2.4 V6 I will look where you say

I have a similar problem with a V6: operating temperature doesn't go
above 70 deg C and idle speed in Neutral is around 1000 rpm. I
suspect one of the temp senders.

89 Audi 100 - No Start, Battery OK, What next? Stephen Clark[_2_] Audi 45 June 3rd 07 11:07 PM
2000 Ford Windstar - engine clatter during cold start Vito[_1_] Technology 4 September 12th 06 03:29 AM
Audi 1.9 TDI (90BHP) won't start without use of Easy Start spray [email protected] Audi 6 May 17th 06 11:20 AM
Audi 100 no start Flipflup Audi 7 March 22nd 05 11:47 AM
Can't start Audi A6 kodrik Audi 19 January 14th 05 11:54 AM