Trying to Start "Clean": Possible?

Old November 27th 05, 03:02 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Trying to Start "Clean": Possible?

Dave Head wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 08:29:39 -0500, Shawn Hirn > wrote:
>
> >In article <h1Bhf.9782$dv.3923@fed1read02>, "noone" >
> >wrote:
> >>
> >> You see, it's not just this license and impending court date issue that is
> >> tempting me to move--it's frankly that employment here is terrible. I need a
> >> fresh start in that way something awful--sticking around here just giving me
> >> anything but more trouble.

> >With your driving history, YOU ARE A BAD DRIVER. You need to see an
> >attorney about your situation, but most importantly, you need to start
> >taking responsibility for yourself.

> Maybe he's a bad driver and maybe he isn't - there are lots of laws that you
> can run afoul of that are not dangerous to break, only illegal. We all know
> that speeding is one of them. Going faster than the numbers on a sign is not
> particularly dangerous in comparison to doing exactly the numbers on the sign.
> Maybe he's just got 27 speeding tickets in the span of 3 years or so. Doesn't
> make him a bad driver. What would make him a bad driver would be bent metal.
> If he's simply breaking the law, but not bending metal, or coming close to
> bending metal on a regular basis, he's not a bad driver, just an illegal
> driver.
>
> DPH

Agree about the 'bad driver' part. It is possible to collect a lot of
tickets without being a bad driver but then the definition of his
trouble would be 'stupid driver'.

Harry K

Old November 27th 05, 03:06 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

noone wrote:
> [...]
> > don't do stupid things with regards to being dangerous. I just seem to
> > attract the attention of police officers for some reason. OK that sounds
> > lame, but that's all I can figure so far.
> >
> > Anyway, at this point I do have a Dec court date for a more recent driving
> > on suspended license accusation. Regarding past infractions, I had setup a
> > payment plan--which admitely I had not been 100% current on lately--and
> > very
> > recently had telephoned the courthouse and was told that NO outstanding
> > warrants existed. But when pulled more recently, they said that 10--yes
> > 10--infractions pulled up.
> >
> > How can that be?
> >
> > At this point it feels useless. Yes I do agree for the most part that
> > taking
> > responsibility is the thing to do. I'm not necessarily advocating scofflaw
> > tactics. But it just feels like no matter what I do everything goes wrong.
> > call the courthouse and nothing shows warrants-wise; just a couple of
> > months
> > later, and TEN suspended license infractions are showing up? How?
> >
> > Thus, if I am unable to satisfy these infractions--and I guess maybe it's
> > from not being 100% current with payments but that was an impossibility
> > given my job situation--I could go to jail when I show up for the
> > suspended
> > license court date. Frankly, I am considering just leaving this state and
> > not handling anything. OK I do realize again that's running and not facing
> > up--but frankly, esp with them going from no warrants to 10 infractions in
> > just a couple of months it feels like it's impossible to clear things up
> > at
> > this point. At some point it just seem to get to be a thing that it's
> > impossible to clear it all up and so it's just better to move on and try
> > again elsewhere with a "fresh start."
> >
> > I guess one of my key questions is--surely they wouldn't arrest me 3,000
> > miles away on something like this and transport me back to AZ would
> > they--especially if several years were to go by?
> >
> > I had once lived in the southeastern US and my driver's license there was
> > fine. It just expired from age. Couldn't I just renew there and move
> > on--and
> > just mail payments back here as I get a better job and more money to
> > handle
> > it?
> >
> > You see, it's not just this license and impending court date issue that is
> > tempting me to move--it's frankly that employment here is terrible. I need
> > fresh start in that way something awful--sticking around here just giving
> > me
> > anything but more trouble.
> >
> > I know, I am inviting some flames, but I really need some advice. I really
> > am not so much trying to flee accountability so much as just start clean.
> > After all, it's a suspended license--it's not like I robbed a bank or

No, they won't be extradited for misdemeanor traffic offenses.
However, drive in my state with a suspended lic from another state and
'it's off to jail you go' ...well it used to be until the jails became
overcrowded. Now it is a mandatory appearance and if you don't show a
warrant follows. No problem there either if you stay out of the state.

Harry K

Old November 27th 05, 03:25 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Dave Head wrote:

> Maybe he's a bad driver and maybe he isn't - there are lots of laws that you
> can run afoul of that are not dangerous to break, only illegal. We all know
> that speeding is one of them. Going faster than the numbers on a sign is not
> particularly dangerous in comparison to doing exactly the numbers on the sign.

HAHAHA. Another loony who thinks the speed laws shouldn't apply to him,

Old November 27th 05, 07:36 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Dave Head wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 08:29:39 -0500, Shawn Hirn > wrote:
>
> >In article <h1Bhf.9782$dv.3923@fed1read02>, "noone" >
> >wrote:
> >>
> >> You see, it's not just this license and impending court date issue that is
> >> tempting me to move--it's frankly that employment here is terrible. I need a
> >> fresh start in that way something awful--sticking around here just giving me
> >> anything but more trouble.

> >With your driving history, YOU ARE A BAD DRIVER. You need to see an
> >attorney about your situation, but most importantly, you need to start
> >taking responsibility for yourself.

> Maybe he's a bad driver and maybe he isn't - there are lots of laws that you
> can run afoul of that are not dangerous to break, only illegal. We all know
> that speeding is one of them. Going faster than the numbers on a sign is not
> particularly dangerous in comparison to doing exactly the numbers on the sign.
> Maybe he's just got 27 speeding tickets in the span of 3 years or so. Doesn't
> make him a bad driver. What would make him a bad driver would be bent metal.
> If he's simply breaking the law, but not bending metal, or coming close to
> bending metal on a regular basis, he's not a bad driver, just an illegal
> driver.

If you're paying so little attention that you can get 9 tickets/year,
you're probably a bad driver.

Dave

Old November 30th 05, 03:50 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article <ToPhf.22183$xu.8094@fed1read01>, noone > wrote:
>One other thing--for failure to appear (whether regular ticket or suspended
>license) they typically don't aggressively track down such persons I assume,
>the person is just in trouble if they're driving in that particular state
>and get pulled for a violation. Those "you're wanted in this state for that,
>so off to jail you go" where people get in trouble out-of-state typically
>applies with things like robbery or extreme DWIs, not suspended license or
>speeding tickets--am I right?

Nope. They'd rather catch someone with a suspended license or
speeding tickets; less likely to cause trouble and it counts just as
well towards their arrest statistics.

>I can't imagine someone being tracked down and hauled halfway across the
>country over a failure-to-appear in some relatively minor thing when they're
>halfway across the country.

To misquote one of Heinlein's characters: You'll be repeating "I don't
believe it" as they drag you to the gallows.
result in a fully-depreciated one.
Old November 30th 05, 09:28 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

<<I had once lived in the southeastern US and my driver's license there
was fine. It just expired from age. Couldn't I just renew there and
move on--and just mail payments back here as I get a better job and
more money to handle it?>>

One major flaw in your logic is that many employers will run background
checks on prospective employees, and you collection of driving related
problems could easily have already ruined your chance to get a good
job. It would be better to stay in AZ for as long as it takes to clear
this up.

John Cowart

Old December 1st 05, 07:18 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article <h1Bhf.9782$dv.3923@fed1read02>, says...
>I live in Arizona. Yes I did post about this sometime back. I live in AZ and
>have, largely through my own irresponsibility, racked up traffic fines in
>excess of $2000. So driver's license is suspended.
>I'm not a bad driver, really--OK, everyone always says that, but really I
>don't do stupid things with regards to being dangerous. I just seem to
>attract the attention of police officers for some reason. OK that sounds
>lame, but that's all I can figure so far.

You are obviously doing something wrong.

>Anyway, at this point I do have a Dec court date for a more recent driving
>on suspended license accusation. Regarding past infractions, I had setup a
>payment plan--which admitely I had not been 100% current on lately--and very
>recently had telephoned the courthouse and was told that NO outstanding
>warrants existed. But when pulled more recently, they said that 10--yes
>10--infractions pulled up.
>
>How can that be?

Go to court and find out.

>At this point it feels useless. Yes I do agree for the most part that taking
>responsibility is the thing to do. I'm not necessarily advocating scofflaw
>tactics. But it just feels like no matter what I do everything goes wrong. I
>call the courthouse and nothing shows warrants-wise; just a couple of months
>later, and TEN suspended license infractions are showing up? How?
>Thus, if I am unable to satisfy these infractions--and I guess maybe it's
>from not being 100% current with payments but that was an impossibility
>given my job situation--I could go to jail when I show up for the suspended
>license court date. Frankly, I am considering just leaving this state and
>not handling anything. OK I do realize again that's running and not facing
>up--but frankly, esp with them going from no warrants to 10 infractions in
>just a couple of months it feels like it's impossible to clear things up at
>this point. At some point it just seem to get to be a thing that it's
>impossible to clear it all up and so it's just better to move on and try
>again elsewhere with a "fresh start."

If you want a fresh start, take care of your business first. Go to court.
Get this squared away and then you will get a fresh start. Otherwise you
are just ignoring your responsibilies and that will come back to haunt you.
Probably at the worst time.

>I guess one of my key questions is--surely they wouldn't arrest me 3,000
>miles away on something like this and transport me back to AZ would
>they--especially if several years were to go by?

AZ won't look for you, but the local state will probably arrest you for AZ.

>I had once lived in the southeastern US and my driver's license there was
>fine. It just expired from age. Couldn't I just renew there and move on--and
>just mail payments back here as I get a better job and more money to handle
>it?
>You see, it's not just this license and impending court date issue that is
>tempting me to move--it's frankly that employment here is terrible. I need a
>fresh start in that way something awful--sticking around here just giving me
>anything but more trouble.
>I know, I am inviting some flames, but I really need some advice. I really
>am not so much trying to flee accountability so much as just start clean.
>After all, it's a suspended license--it's not like I robbed a bank or
>molested a child here.

Take care of this and then move.
Alex

Sonoma won't start Bill Technology 3 March 30th 05 03:45 PM
99 Explorer Limited-Warm Start Problem bobbyII Ford Explorer 0 March 29th 05 07:06 PM
Passat won't start Tado VW water cooled 8 December 23rd 04 04:38 PM
156 start problems ?! Canonian Alfa Romeo 15 December 8th 04 08:57 AM
periodically won't start missjoan Saturn 4 November 1st 04 05:48 PM