Questions from a novice

Old May 29th 04, 05:04 PM
Ash

Default Questions from a novice

I'm looking to buy a 156.

Can someone please tell me what JTS stands for ?

Also, what's the difference between Lusso & Veloce & Turismo.

TIA
Ash

Old May 29th 04, 05:44 PM
MarkK

"Ash" > wrote in message news:do3uc.9$Q3.5@newsfe3-gui...
> I'm looking to buy a 156.
>
> Can someone please tell me what JTS stands for ?

Jet Thrust Stoichiometric. It's Alfa's take on direct injection petrol
engines. Designed to be efficient (lean burn) at low revs below 2000rpm and
sporting/responsive above that.

> Also, what's the difference between Lusso & Veloce & Turismo.

Luxury, sporting and base-spec respectively. Get a brochure or look at the
web site for the details. http://www.alfaromeo.co.uk/

HTH

Mark

Old May 29th 04, 05:54 PM
Ash

Cheers Mark.

One last question , would you say JTS is generally more desirable than TS ?

Old May 29th 04, 06:01 PM
MarkK

"Ash" > wrote in message
> Cheers Mark.
>
> One last question , would you say JTS is generally more desirable than TS

?

Overall yes, as it is more powerful and has better torque throughout, though
it doesn't sound as nice as the TS according to some.

Mark

Old May 30th 04, 11:17 AM
Alfistagj

Keep in mind that the JTS engine is a "normal" 4 spark plug engine and not a
8 plug like the TS (=Twin Spark)
Both cylinder blocks are the same, the cylinder heads are different.
Both are 16V(alve)
--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)