Top down!

Old March 13th 07, 02:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
W. Kiernan

Default Top down!

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:

> Oh ****, I must upgrade to keep up! Where
> did you find another HUGE TAK?

flavor flav car parts is where you goes
cole lampin upstate to da poke a nose

http://uncharted.org/frownland/pix/mchugetak.jpg

Yours WDK -
Old March 13th 07, 11:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Leon van Dommelen

"W. Kiernan" > wrote:

>Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> >
> > Oh ****, I must upgrade to keep up! Where
> > did you find another HUGE TAK?

>flavor flav car parts is where you goes
>cole lampin upstate to da poke a nose
>
>http://uncharted.org/frownland/pix/mchugetak.jpg
>
>Yours WDK -

The dent in
http://uncharted.org/frownland/pix/OG_Miata_1.JPG
looks familiar. Where did you get it?

Leon
--
Leon van Dommelen Bess, the Miata Bozo, the Miata
http://www.dommelen.net/miata
Old March 14th 07, 12:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Leon van Dommelen wrote:

> The dent in http://uncharted.org/frownland/pix/OG_Miata_1.JPG
> looks familiar. Where did you get it?
>
> Leon

I would guess that is a bullet hole, probably from a handgun. Definitely
not a .22 there, and probably not a magnum round.

Didn't someone take a shot at you one time Leon? I swear that I was
nowhere in the vicinity.

Pat
Old March 14th 07, 11:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Leon van Dommelen

pws > wrote:

>Leon van Dommelen wrote:
>
>> The dent in http://uncharted.org/frownland/pix/OG_Miata_1.JPG
>> looks familiar. Where did you get it?
>>
>> Leon

>I would guess that is a bullet hole, probably from a handgun. Definitely
>not a .22 there, and probably not a magnum round.
>
>Didn't someone take a shot at you one time Leon? I swear that I was
>nowhere in the vicinity.

Do you have reliable witnesses?

Leon
Old March 14th 07, 12:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Leon van Dommelen wrote:

> Do you have reliable witnesses?
>
> Leon

Come on Leon, do you really think I would MISS? That should be proof
enough for you.....

Pat
Old March 15th 07, 05:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Carol[_1_]

On Mar 10, 9:16 am, "Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:
> > I told the boss to screw off and went for a LONG and spirited drive down
> > Lime Creek Road and back. Chris D. knows what I'm talking about if he is
> > still haunting this newsgroup.
> > Pat

> Nice work Pat, hope you ran it once for me! Every time I run it it's less
> comfortable as the rich folks just keep throwing more and more houses out
> there and understandably give dirtier and dirtier looks to the drivers of
> vehicles they think might be breaking the speed limit out there.
>
> Maybe we can do a real early morning run one of these weekends?
> Weather here is gorgeous too!
>
> Chris
> 99BBB

I just got back from Austin today - went up there just to drive my
favorite Austin route and Monday was ideal. I take 2222 out past 620
where it turns into Bullick Hollow, then left on 2769 to Lime Creek,
then tear hell and leather all the way down it to 1431. Take a left
and go past Nameless. About one click before Lago Vista there is a
Texaco on the right. Their lunch counter sells some of the best taco
al pastor I've ever eaten. I love getting out there on a weekday -
much less traffic. Even got a little sunburn on my arms! I take the
dog with me and he enjoys the ride as much as I do. ...is there a
speed limit on Lime Creek? Ooops -Carol

Old March 15th 07, 10:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Carol wrote:

> I just got back from Austin today - went up there just to drive my
> favorite Austin route and Monday was ideal. I take 2222 out past 620
> where it turns into Bullick Hollow, then left on 2769 to Lime Creek,
> then tear hell and leather all the way down it to 1431. Take a left
> and go past Nameless. About one click before Lago Vista there is a
> Texaco on the right. Their lunch counter sells some of the best taco
> al pastor I've ever eaten. I love getting out there on a weekday -
> much less traffic. Even got a little sunburn on my arms! I take the
> dog with me and he enjoys the ride as much as I do. ...is there a
> speed limit on Lime Creek? Ooops -Carol

Are you talking about the Texaco in Jonestown? I have only been here two
years and have never stopped in there, by then I am ready to finish out
the 4 miles to Lago Vista. I will have to check them out.

You were approximately 10 minutes away from my house, I am very close to
the intersection of 1431 and Lohman Ford. Scary, eh?

I could take Lime Creek Road every time I go into Austin and back, it
ends up right where I need to be, but time and/or gas usually has me
taking the shorter, much less exciting route.

If you really want to have fun, follow Chris D. sometime on Lime Creek.
He acts like the cool voice of reason on here but he is Mad Max behind
the wheel, pushing his miata to the absolute edge at all times.
He even did a few jumps and some perfect 4-wheel drifts through the
hairpin turns. I swear I even saw him up on 2 wheels at one point.

I gave up after about a mile. ;-)

Pat

Old March 17th 07, 06:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Carol[_1_]

On Mar 15, 5:31 pm, pws > wrote:
> Carol wrote:
> > I just got back from Austin today - went up there just to drive my
> > favorite Austin route and Monday was ideal. I take 2222 out past 620
> > where it turns into Bullick Hollow, then left on 2769 to Lime Creek,
> > then tear hell and leather all the way down it to 1431. Take a left
> > and go past Nameless. About one click before Lago Vista there is a
> > Texaco on the right. Their lunch counter sells some of the best taco
> > al pastor I've ever eaten. I love getting out there on a weekday -
> > much less traffic. Even got a little sunburn on my arms! I take the
> > dog with me and he enjoys the ride as much as I do. ...is there a
> > speed limit on Lime Creek? Ooops -Carol

> Are you talking about the Texaco in Jonestown? I have only been here two
> years and have never stopped in there, by then I am ready to finish out
> the 4 miles to Lago Vista. I will have to check them out.
>
> You were approximately 10 minutes away from my house, I am very close to
> the intersection of 1431 and Lohman Ford. Scary, eh?
>
> I could take Lime Creek Road every time I go into Austin and back, it
> ends up right where I need to be, but time and/or gas usually has me
> taking the shorter, much less exciting route.
>
> If you really want to have fun, follow Chris D. sometime on Lime Creek.
> He acts like the cool voice of reason on here but he is Mad Max behind
> the wheel, pushing his miata to the absolute edge at all times.
> He even did a few jumps and some perfect 4-wheel drifts through the
> hairpin turns. I swear I even saw him up on 2 wheels at one point.
>
> I gave up after about a mile. ;-)
>
> Pat

Yes check out the Texaco lunch bar. I don't USUALLY make a habit of
seeking out gas stations for great food but this stuff is the
exception. And clean, too - you can see everything from the counter.
(I don't know about the bathrooms ha!)

I would love to track Chris D. down Lime Creek. That way, if I hear a
crash in front of me I'll know it's finally time to slow the hell
down. I wish I had some sort of front seeing camera that can show me
what is around each blind curve that way I would know when it was safe
to go around it...yes...even FASTER!! I've invited a friend to take
the ride with me but I told him he could only go if he promised not to
keep yelling out "Brakes, woman. For the love of God USE THE BRAKES."
He couldn't commit so it's just me and the dog enjoying the ride.

Had I known you were 10 minutes away I would have invited you over
and bought you some tacos!

Old March 17th 07, 10:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
frank

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 11:30:07 -0700, Carol wrote:

> On Mar 15, 5:31 pm, pws > wrote:
>> Carol wrote:
>> > I just got back from Austin today - went up there just to drive my
>> > favorite Austin route and Monday was ideal. I take 2222 out past 620
>> > where it turns into Bullick Hollow, then left on 2769 to Lime Creek,
>> > then tear hell and leather all the way down it to 1431. Take a left
>> > and go past Nameless. About one click before Lago Vista there is a
>> > Texaco on the right. Their lunch counter sells some of the best taco
>> > al pastor I've ever eaten. I love getting out there on a weekday -
>> > much less traffic. Even got a little sunburn on my arms! I take the
>> > dog with me and he enjoys the ride as much as I do. ...is there a
>> > speed limit on Lime Creek? Ooops -Carol

>> Are you talking about the Texaco in Jonestown? I have only been here two
>> years and have never stopped in there, by then I am ready to finish out
>> the 4 miles to Lago Vista. I will have to check them out.
>>
>> You were approximately 10 minutes away from my house, I am very close to
>> the intersection of 1431 and Lohman Ford. Scary, eh?
>>
>> I could take Lime Creek Road every time I go into Austin and back, it
>> ends up right where I need to be, but time and/or gas usually has me
>> taking the shorter, much less exciting route.
>>
>> If you really want to have fun, follow Chris D. sometime on Lime Creek.
>> He acts like the cool voice of reason on here but he is Mad Max behind
>> the wheel, pushing his miata to the absolute edge at all times.
>> He even did a few jumps and some perfect 4-wheel drifts through the
>> hairpin turns. I swear I even saw him up on 2 wheels at one point.
>>
>> I gave up after about a mile. ;-)
>>
>> Pat

> Yes check out the Texaco lunch bar. I don't USUALLY make a habit of
> seeking out gas stations for great food but this stuff is the
> exception. And clean, too - you can see everything from the counter.
> (I don't know about the bathrooms ha!)
>
> I would love to track Chris D. down Lime Creek. That way, if I hear a
> crash in front of me I'll know it's finally time to slow the hell
> down. I wish I had some sort of front seeing camera that can show me
> what is around each blind curve that way I would know when it was safe
> to go around it...yes...even FASTER!! I've invited a friend to take
> the ride with me but I told him he could only go if he promised not to
> keep yelling out "Brakes, woman. For the love of God USE THE BRAKES."
> He couldn't commit so it's just me and the dog enjoying the ride.
>
> Had I known you were 10 minutes away I would have invited you over
> and bought you some tacos!

Carol,

This ought to be something you can teach the pooch. If your
local obedience school doesn't offer a "driving eye dog" component perhaps
the driving school does! Viz. a bark for all-clear, a growl for back off
the throttle, and soil on the seat for "we're dead mommy..."

Frank