How to balance FFB

Old January 17th 12, 08:24 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Default How to balance FFB

Hm, now suddenly everything looks almost all right at
100/100/100/100. Maybe really it is calibration process (I changed something
in it, recently).

Old January 17th 12, 06:50 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Mario Petrinovic:
> Hm, now suddenly everything looks almost all right at
> 100/100/100/100. Maybe really it is calibration process (I changed
> something in it, recently).

Regarding calibration, it definitely should say 900 when turned left
(if in Profiler also is 900). Otherwise FFB loses sensitivity, which
produces slack.
Regarding everything else, well it looks like Centering Spring works
at 125%. It could be that if in Profiler sensitivity (linearity) is 100%,
then everything works at 100%, if it is 50%, then 125% works, and if 0%,
then 150% works. I am not sure, didn't test all these. For now, it looks
like 125 is the number, while on my system things are working well at 127%.
Have to test more, : ).

Old January 19th 12, 04:47 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Mario Petrinovic:
> Mario Petrinovic:
>> Hm, now suddenly everything looks almost all right at
>> 100/100/100/100. Maybe really it is calibration process (I changed
>> something in it, recently).

> Regarding calibration, it definitely should say 900 when turned
> left
> (if in Profiler also is 900). Otherwise FFB loses sensitivity, which
> produces slack.
> Regarding everything else, well it looks like Centering Spring
> works
> at 125%. It could be that if in Profiler sensitivity (linearity) is 100%,
> then everything works at 100%, if it is 50%, then 125% works, and if 0%,
> then 150% works. I am not sure, didn't test all these. For now, it looks
> like 125 is the number, while on my system things are working well at
> 127%. Have to test more, : ).

Well, this theory is wrong, because Centering Spring definitely is
133%. This means that, if Centering Spring is locked by iRacing at 75% I
will never be able to center this car correctly, because in that case
Centering Spring is 133.33%. Well, Centering Spring is THE MOST IMPORTANT,
and probably the only really important setting in FFB, and FFB is the most
important thing in sim racing. Well, this can explain poor numbers of
simracers on servers very easily. Hm, how many simulations will we have to
waste until somebody figures out some things.
Good thing is that I found out that Overall doesn't change Centering
Spring. This means, 133% works whotever the rest of settings are.

Old January 19th 12, 07:15 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Mario Petrinovic:
> Mario Petrinovic:
>> Mario Petrinovic:
>>> Hm, now suddenly everything looks almost all right at
>>> 100/100/100/100. Maybe really it is calibration process (I changed
>>> something in it, recently).

>> Regarding calibration, it definitely should say 900 when turned
>> left
>> (if in Profiler also is 900). Otherwise FFB loses sensitivity, which
>> produces slack.
>> Regarding everything else, well it looks like Centering Spring
>> works
>> at 125%. It could be that if in Profiler sensitivity (linearity) is 100%,
>> then everything works at 100%, if it is 50%, then 125% works, and if 0%,
>> then 150% works. I am not sure, didn't test all these. For now, it looks
>> like 125 is the number, while on my system things are working well at
>> 127%. Have to test more, : ).

> Well, this theory is wrong, because Centering Spring definitely is
> 133%. This means that, if Centering Spring is locked by iRacing at 75% I
> will never be able to center this car correctly, because in that case
> Centering Spring is 133.33%. Well, Centering Spring is THE MOST IMPORTANT,
> and probably the only really important setting in FFB, and FFB is the most
> important thing in sim racing. Well, this can explain poor numbers of
> simracers on servers very easily. Hm, how many simulations will we have to
> waste until somebody figures out some things.
> Good thing is that I found out that Overall doesn't change
> Centering
> Spring. This means, 133% works whotever the rest of settings are.

Well, this was wrong, again.
Now I have different settings, but I will not write about them. It
doesn't matter, anyway, who cares.
Interesting thing happened, the Sensitivity slider that I was
talking about some days ago, well suddenly it stopped working, all by
itself. How this can happen? Whatever I do, it isn't reflected in the sim.
Well, who cares, it looks like I am the only one who thinks that
this joke is important.
Bye, bye. Whatever I do, well I will certainly not write about it.

Old January 20th 12, 09:46 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Ha, ha, interesting thing happened. Now, suddenly, everything is
working "as advertised", at least with the MX-5, and there is no reason why
it shouldn't work with other cars, as well.
It looks like the problem was in calibrating. I alredy noticed that
you have to work pedals before calibrating them. The range of pedals is 0 -
255, but if I don't work them, I get numbers like -1, or 256. Since I
started to work them, I always get 0 - 255. I thought this isn't necesseary
for the wheel, because it works itself (actually, "calibrates" itself) at
the startup. And also, it is a digital device, so this shouldn't make
problems, but it looks like this isn't so. Now I turn wheel few times, all
the way to the right and left, and now everything is just fine. Ha, ha,
beutiful, this was what I was searching for, and this was what made
problems.

Old January 21st 12, 03:20 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
GaryR

Mario - You are single-handidly keeping this newsgroups alive! If it
wasn't for your "I figured it out, wait, it's not that, wait, it's
this, wait, it's something else, wait, I have it now, wait, it's just
the opposite, wait, it's the opposite of the opposite, wait, it's the
default setting for an Amiga 1000, wait it's chapter 17 of the
Bible".....

Now I know where Super Mario Bros. got it's name...
:-)

GR

Old January 27th 12, 09:33 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Rod[_2_]

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 21:20:44 -0500, GaryR >
wrote:

>Mario - You are single-handidly keeping this newsgroups alive! If it
>wasn't for your "I figured it out, wait, it's not that, wait, it's
>this, wait, it's something else, wait, I have it now, wait, it's just
>the opposite, wait, it's the opposite of the opposite, wait, it's the
>default setting for an Amiga 1000, wait it's chapter 17 of the
>Bible".....

He doesn't hold a candle to a clown calling himself Skybuck Flying.
Check out the nvidia groups, I've seen threads with 95 replies
which is him replying 95 times to himself. Been doing it for years.
Old January 27th 12, 10:16 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Rod:
> GaryR:
>>Mario - You are single-handidly keeping this newsgroups alive! If it
>>wasn't for your "I figured it out, wait, it's not that, wait, it's
>>this, wait, it's something else, wait, I have it now, wait, it's just
>>the opposite, wait, it's the opposite of the opposite, wait, it's the
>>default setting for an Amiga 1000, wait it's chapter 17 of the
>>Bible".....

> He doesn't hold a candle to a clown calling himself Skybuck Flying.
> Check out the nvidia groups, I've seen threads with 95 replies
> which is him replying 95 times to himself. Been doing it for years.

You never reply to yourself?
Old January 27th 12, 06:05 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
FolkGT

On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 19:33:50 +1100, Rod > wrote:

>On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 21:20:44 -0500, GaryR >
>wrote:
>
>>Mario - You are single-handidly keeping this newsgroups alive! If it
>>wasn't for your "I figured it out, wait, it's not that, wait, it's
>>this, wait, it's something else, wait, I have it now, wait, it's just
>>the opposite, wait, it's the opposite of the opposite, wait, it's the
>>default setting for an Amiga 1000, wait it's chapter 17 of the
>>Bible".....

>He doesn't hold a candle to a clown calling himself Skybuck Flying.
>Check out the nvidia groups, I've seen threads with 95 replies
>which is him replying 95 times to himself. Been doing it for years.

LOL. I killfiled him years ago. Mario's posts are at least interesting
and based on some kind of reality. Skybuck's is just a 'tard.
Old January 27th 12, 09:39 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Rod[_2_]

On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 10:16:37 +0100, "Mario Petrinovic"
> wrote:

>> He doesn't hold a candle to a clown calling himself Skybuck Flying.
>> Check out the nvidia groups, I've seen threads with 95 replies
>> which is him replying 95 times to himself. Been doing it for years.

> You never reply to yourself?

There's is a difference between correcting yourself (which you've done
here) and holding an endless conversation with yourself (as Skybuck
does). If you want to see wack-a-doodle then head over there and read
a complete loon.

FFB update Mario Petrinovic Simulators 1 October 15th 11 12:43 AM
FFB (so far) Mario Petrinovic Simulators 0 September 25th 11 10:57 AM
FFB Mario Petrinovic Simulators 26 September 5th 11 08:52 AM
Secrets of FFB Mario Petrinovic Simulators 2 August 4th 11 06:10 PM
G25 v. ECCI - To FFB or not to FFB [email protected] Simulators 1 August 17th 07 02:35 PM