Wot, no sun roof?

Old May 23rd 14, 01:04 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Terry Pinnell[_3_]

Default Wot, no sun roof?

The time has finally come to replace my s/h 1996 BMW 328i SE and my
first choice would be another petrol s/h 3-Series of similar or better
performance.

But I'm dismayed that none of the more recent models offer a sun roof.
An essential requirement for me.

What's the reason for that omission, which looks widespread across
most brands?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
Old May 23rd 14, 08:35 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
really real

On 5/23/2014 5:04 AM, Terry Pinnell wrote:
> The time has finally come to replace my s/h 1996 BMW 328i SE and my
> first choice would be another petrol s/h 3-Series of similar or better
> performance.
>
> But I'm dismayed that none of the more recent models offer a sun roof.
> An essential requirement for me.
>
> What's the reason for that omission, which looks widespread across
> most brands?

I totally agree that a sunroof is essential.

I saw a very sporty BMW at the dealers that had no sunroof and was told
it was a carbon fibre roof and that meant no sunroof

A long time ago I went shopping for a Honda Accord and when I told the
salesman I wanted a sunroof, he scoffed because most of his customers
were Chinese and they only want aircon and don't care about sunroofs. I
ended up buying a Prelude as all Preludes had sunroofs.

A lot of the nice sports cars have no sunroofs, like the Audi TT and the
Porsche Cayman. It costs more money to make a small car strong enough to
have a sunroof.

I live in Canada and I think all the 3 Series BMW's have sunroofs.

Couldn't put the roof on, '88 Supra Sport Roof Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B Technology 0 July 14th 07 08:32 PM
Sun roof Akroyd via CarKB.com Technology 2 October 28th 06 05:44 PM
69 Mach1 roof oil cans. Is there supposed to be a roof bow in it? Dan[_3_] Ford Mustang 2 October 25th 06 02:06 AM
Sun Roof Mike BMW 1 April 6th 05 04:37 PM
1994 Saturn SL1 Leaking Sun roof moon roof frederickiniguez Saturn 2 July 19th 04 05:11 PM