2005 M3 unhappy with cold weather

Old February 15th 13, 09:28 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jeff Strickland[_2_]

Default 2005 M3 unhappy with cold weather

"dizzy" > wrote in message
> "R. Mark Clayton" > wrote:

>>> Because that's about the lowest RPM where you would want to upshift,
>>> hot or cold, Jeffy. It's an M3, not a Peterbilt.

>>> Oh, really? FFS, you are an idiot, Jeffy.

>>I don't thrash mine (735i V8) when cold either.

> Herr Clayton: Surely you must realize that there's a difference
> between "thrashing" and letting the engine rise above 2000 RPM when
> cold.
>
> Sure, I'll stay "light on the throttle" when the engine is cold. But
> wondering why someone would "hit 2,000 to 2,500 in 150 yards on a cold
> engine" is not something that any reasonable person would do!

Alright Dizzy, THINK FOR ONE MINUTE. Don't stress your brain cell, just
think for a second...

It's 150 yards from your house to the end of the street. The motor is stone
cold. You run it up to 2500rpm between your house and the stop sign, then
hit the brakes or the clutch to pull the next gear and then hit the brakes.
Really? Why would you even _want_ to do that?

There's no point in hitting that engine speed when the motor is still cold
AND the distance from Start to Stop is so short.

You, sir, are one stupid idiot. I happen to live on precisely that street,
and I have the chance to do that everytime I leave my driveway, and I can
count on one hand the number of times when I have actually done it, and none
of them were on a cold engine. None. Not any. There is absolutely no valid
reason to treat a car that way unless you give your passengers a barf bag.

So, **** you.

Old February 15th 13, 10:04 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Gordon Shumway

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 12:28:38 -0800, "Jeff Strickland"
> wrote:

>It's 150 yards from your house to the end of the street. The motor is stone
>cold. You run it up to 2500rpm between your house and the stop sign, then
>hit the brakes or the clutch to pull the next gear and then hit the brakes.
>Really? Why would you even _want_ to do that?

Jeff,

Let me settle this argument you seem to have with anyone that has a
different point of view. It's my car, it's my decision to run a cold
engine all the way up to 2500 RPM.

Give it a ****ing rest!
Old February 15th 13, 10:48 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jeff Strickland[_2_]

"Gordon Shumway" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 12:28:38 -0800, "Jeff Strickland"
> > wrote:
>
>>It's 150 yards from your house to the end of the street. The motor is
>>stone
>>cold. You run it up to 2500rpm between your house and the stop sign, then
>>hit the brakes or the clutch to pull the next gear and then hit the
>>brakes.
>>Really? Why would you even _want_ to do that?

> Jeff,
>
> Let me settle this argument you seem to have with anyone that has a
> different point of view. It's my car, it's my decision to run a cold
> engine all the way up to 2500 RPM.
>
> Give it a ****ing rest!

Do what you want, I just wondered out loud why one would get the engine
speed up so high in such a short distance. I get annoyed with Dizzy (who
would call theirself Dizzy, anyhow?) when he takes things out of context and
then says because he has never had it happen then it never happens.

You said that you run the engine up and then clutch, and the engine dies.
That's really the only issue here. Personally, I wonder why the engine would
run so fast in so short a distance, but that has nothing to do with the
problem you are having. My cars don't have the problem you have, but I have
heard of lots of people having it, and it is not unique to the M3, so you
can broaden your search a little and perhaps get an answer to help you.

You might also want to visit E46Fanatics.com and do a search. Your
trouble -- the engine dies during a shift when cold -- seems to be pretty
common among E46 owners.

Old February 16th 13, 02:37 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Gordon Shumway

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 13:48:23 -0800, "Jeff Strickland"
> wrote:

>"Gordon Shumway" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 12:28:38 -0800, "Jeff Strickland"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>It's 150 yards from your house to the end of the street. The motor is
>>>stone
>>>cold. You run it up to 2500rpm between your house and the stop sign, then
>>>hit the brakes or the clutch to pull the next gear and then hit the
>>>brakes.
>>>Really? Why would you even _want_ to do that?

>> Jeff,
>>
>> Let me settle this argument you seem to have with anyone that has a
>> different point of view. It's my car, it's my decision to run a cold
>> engine all the way up to 2500 RPM.
>>
>> Give it a ****ing rest!

>Do what you want, I just wondered out loud why one would get the engine
>speed up so high in such a short distance. I get annoyed with Dizzy (who
>would call theirself Dizzy, anyhow?) when he takes things out of context and
>then says because he has never had it happen then it never happens.
>
>You said that you run the engine up and then clutch, and the engine dies.
>That's really the only issue here. Personally, I wonder why the engine would
>run so fast in so short a distance, but that has nothing to do with the
>problem you are having. My cars don't have the problem you have, but I have
>heard of lots of people having it, and it is not unique to the M3, so you
>can broaden your search a little and perhaps get an answer to help you.
>
>You might also want to visit E46Fanatics.com and do a search. Your
>trouble -- the engine dies during a shift when cold -- seems to be pretty
>common among E46 owners.

For the last time... S T F U !
Old February 16th 13, 06:08 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
dizzy[_2_]

Gordon Shumway > wrote:

> "Jeff Strickland" wrote:
>
>>It's 150 yards from your house to the end of the street. The motor is stone
>>cold. You run it up to 2500rpm between your house and the stop sign, then
>>hit the brakes or the clutch to pull the next gear and then hit the brakes.
>>Really? Why would you even _want_ to do that?

The same reason you upshift at any other time you fscking idiot. So
you can move-along at reasonable speed, while at a reasonable RPM.

150 yards in first gear, and keeping it below 2000 RPM all the time?
Really? FFS, what a dimwit!

>Let me settle this argument you seem to have with anyone that has a
>different point of view. It's my car, it's my decision to run a cold
>engine all the way up to 2500 RPM.
>
>Give it a ****ing rest!

As if it's it's any difference to the engine if it's doing 1500 or
2500 RPM, under light load. Jeffy must think there's some magical RPM
where "OK" becomes "abusive".

Old February 16th 13, 06:29 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
dizzy[_2_]

Gordon Shumway > wrote:

> "Jeff Strickland" wrote:
>>
>>Do what you want, I just wondered out loud why one would get the engine
>>speed up so high in such a short distance.

It's a stupid thing to "wonder". Shifting between 2000 and 2500 RPM
is not "so high". In fact, upshifting smallish, high-RPM motors below
2000 RPM is wierdly low.

Hell, on my (manual) Supra, I essentially never operate the engine
below 2000 RPM. The motor is not happy running that slowly.

>> I get annoyed with Dizzy (who
>>would call theirself Dizzy, anyhow?) when he takes things out of context and
>>then says because he has never had it happen then it never happens.

You are a bald-faced liar, Jeffy. Unless you can point-out where I
said "it never happens"?

This is absolutely typical for the lying idiot Jeffy. I took nothing
out of context. I also didn't say "it never happens". It's Jeffy who
took an extreme, ridiculous position ("almost all cars"), not me!

>>You might also want to visit E46Fanatics.com and do a search. Your
>>trouble -- the engine dies during a shift when cold -- seems to be pretty
>>common among E46 owners.

Again, Jeffy is too ****ing *stupid* to understand that what is posted
in forums is not representive of all owners. People go to forums
asking for help and advice, when they have a problem.

>For the last time... S T F U !

8)

Old February 18th 13, 06:20 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jeff Strickland[_2_]

"Gordon Shumway" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 13:48:23 -0800, "Jeff Strickland"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Gordon Shumway" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 12:28:38 -0800, "Jeff Strickland"

>>> Jeff,
>>>
>>> Let me settle this argument you seem to have with anyone that has a
>>> different point of view. It's my car, it's my decision to run a cold
>>> engine all the way up to 2500 RPM.
>>>
>>> Give it a ****ing rest!

>>Do what you want, I just wondered out loud why one would get the engine
>>speed up so high in such a short distance. I get annoyed with Dizzy (who
>>would call theirself Dizzy, anyhow?) when he takes things out of context
>>and
>>then says because he has never had it happen then it never happens.
>>
>>You said that you run the engine up and then clutch, and the engine dies.
>>That's really the only issue here. Personally, I wonder why the engine
>>would
>>run so fast in so short a distance, but that has nothing to do with the
>>problem you are having. My cars don't have the problem you have, but I
>>have
>>heard of lots of people having it, and it is not unique to the M3, so you
>>can broaden your search a little and perhaps get an answer to help you.
>>
>>You might also want to visit E46Fanatics.com and do a search. Your
>>trouble -- the engine dies during a shift when cold -- seems to be pretty
>>common among E46 owners.
>>

> For the last time... S T F U !

I'm just trying to help get your car fixed. Nevermind that it's an M3, visit
e46fanatics.com and ask the same question there, or just search for others
that asked it.

Old February 20th 13, 03:27 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
DAS[_2_]

It is not Dizzy's car with the issue.

I am wondering why all of you have to resort to swearing. Just agree to
differ...

FWIW I would not run my car at high revs immediately on starting in cold
weather either (but then I do not have a BMW...) - next time I'll look to
see what the revs are.

DAS
--
To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
---