Smokers' Package?

Old November 16th 12, 06:15 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Gordon Shumway

Default Smokers' Package?

On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 09:45:19 -0500, Justin
> wrote:

>On 11/16/2012 6:25 AM, Dean Dark wrote:
>> On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 14:43:05 -0500, Justin
>> > wrote:

>>> Polar bears don't.

>> Let's try it another way then, and see if you catch on.
>>
>> Is the Pope a catholic?

>I like the bear ****ting in the woods analogy.
>
>The reason I asked, is that some dealers order all of their cars with
>smokers' packages. They remove them, put them in a box, and when they
>get a used unit without the cancer package, they install one from the
>box seemingly for "free."

There has to be something seriously wrong with you. There is one
simple way to know if the previous owner smoked in the car or not --
smell it! Sheesh.
Old November 17th 12, 11:48 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
DAS[_2_]

Spoilsport! Bringing in serious points...

DAS
--
To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
---
[...]

Old November 18th 12, 12:20 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Justin[_9_]

On 11/16/2012 1:15 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 09:45:19 -0500, Justin
> > wrote:
>
>> On 11/16/2012 6:25 AM, Dean Dark wrote:
>>> On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 14:43:05 -0500, Justin

>>> Let's try it another way then, and see if you catch on.
>>>
>>> Is the Pope a catholic?

>> I like the bear ****ting in the woods analogy.
>>
>> The reason I asked, is that some dealers order all of their cars with
>> smokers' packages. They remove them, put them in a box, and when they
>> get a used unit without the cancer package, they install one from the
>> box seemingly for "free."

> There has to be something seriously wrong with you. There is one
> simple way to know if the previous owner smoked in the car or not --
> smell it! Sheesh.

Sure.
There's no way a dealer can mask the smell until after the car is sold.
Then once the air freshener wears off it will smell like a biker bar
once again.
I guess with current technology that isn't possible; just like warp drive.
Old November 18th 12, 12:22 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Justin[_9_]

On 11/16/2012 11:58 AM, Jeff Strickland wrote:

> "Justin" > wrote in message
>> If a used/certified BMW has the smokers' package, does that usually
>> mean it was previously owned by a smoker?
>>

> Just because a car has a cigarette lighter and an ashtray does not mean
> these features were used.
>
> Test drive ANY car for a while with the windows up and the vent system
> turned off. If the car has an odor that is not leather and carpet, then
> you will smell it. CIGARETTE SMOKE SMELL is almost impossible to get rid
> of. DO NOT LET ANYBODY TELL YOU OTHERWISE if you have any aversion to
> the smell at all. If you absolutely love a car BUT it smells of
> ciggybutts, cross it off your list if ciggybutts are an offensive odor
> to you. You will be sorry if you let a salesman tell you, "we can get
> that out." IF HE COULD GET IT OUT, IT WOULD BE OUT ALREADY!

I returned a camera I bought off eBay because it smelled like
ciggybutts. So yes, it is quite offensive to me.
Old November 18th 12, 04:12 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
R. Mark Clayton

"Dean Dark" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 14:43:05 -0500, Justin
> > wrote:
>
>>On 11/15/2012 1:38 PM, Dean Dark wrote:
>>> On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 11:48:34 -0500, Justin

>>> Do bears **** in the woods?

>>Polar bears don't.

> Let's try it another way then, and see if you catch on.
>
> Is the Pope a catholic?

Nope - Coptic -
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...enthroned.html

OTOH does Dolly Parton sleep on her back?

Old November 18th 12, 08:52 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Dean Dark[_2_]

On Sun, 18 Nov 2012 16:12:12 -0000, "R. Mark Clayton"
> wrote:

>Nope - Coptic -
>http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...enthroned.html

Given the most common understanding of who the Pope is, and leaving
the Greeks aside, then who would doubt my meaning?

Or did you really think that the guy that most people in the world
call the Pope is Greek? And where does the Archbishop of Canterbury
fit into all this? Is he Greek too?

It's all just too confusing.
Old November 18th 12, 09:51 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Scott Dorsey

Dean Dark > wrote:

>Or did you really think that the guy that most people in the world
>call the Pope is Greek? And where does the Archbishop of Canterbury
>fit into all this? Is he Greek too?

The real pope lives in Avignon. They even have a wine named after his
new house.

He probably gets the smoker's package in the Popemobile, if only to
light censers with.
--scott
Old November 19th 12, 12:01 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
R. Mark Clayton

"Dean Dark" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 18 Nov 2012 16:12:12 -0000, "R. Mark Clayton"
> > wrote:
>
>>Nope - Coptic -
>>http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...enthroned.html

> Given the most common understanding of who the Pope is, and leaving
> the Greeks aside, then who would doubt my meaning?

The Copts (they are in Egypt).

Probably the Russians too.

Archbishop Leferve.
:
:

> Or did you really think that the guy that most people in the world
> call the Pope is Greek? And where does the Archbishop of Canterbury
> fit into all this? Is he Greek too?

The Archbishop of Canterbury is a bit like Colonel Gadaffi - he is head of
all the Anglicans (~70M nominally) expect in England where the head of the
church is HM Queen even though women bishops are not allowed. Now HM is
married to a Greek and wasn't allowed to marry a Catholic and now it gets
really confusing...

> It's all just too confusing.

Catholic and Orthodox churches have lots of smoke in them, whereas other
churches usually don't.

My BMW had lighters and an ashtray, but these appeared unused.

Old November 19th 12, 12:07 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Dean Dark[_2_]

On Mon, 19 Nov 2012 00:01:23 -0000, "R. Mark Clayton"
> wrote:

>>>Nope - Coptic -
>>>http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...enthroned.html

>> Given the most common understanding of who the Pope is, and leaving
>> the Greeks aside, then who would doubt my meaning?

>The Copts (they are in Egypt).
>
>Probably the Russians too.
>
>Archbishop Leferve.

I guess that the "most common understanding" part went over your head?
Old November 20th 12, 09:52 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
R. Mark Clayton

"Dean Dark" > wrote in message
news

>>> Given the most common understanding of who the Pope is, and leaving
>>> the Greeks aside, then who would doubt my meaning?

>>The Copts (they are in Egypt).
>>
>>Probably the Russians too.
>>
>>Archbishop Leferve.

> I guess that the "most common understanding" part went over your head?

Well he is dead, but it they were all schisms..

OTOH most of them would probably say they were catholic...

Feds Move to Throw Pot Smokers in Prison for Impaired Driving Criminal Drivers Murder 40,000 Americans a Year Driving 16 May 28th 10 05:05 AM
Criminal drivers are brainwashed same as smokers Speeders & Drunk Drivers are DEADLY PSYCHOPATHS Driving 4 May 15th 10 11:10 PM
M Aerodynamic Package Sardo Numspa BMW 0 August 7th 05 05:59 PM
Sport package vs premium package on E38 Ignasi Palou-Rivera BMW 1 November 23rd 04 09:37 PM
Used 330i with Performance Package vs. Sport Package GRL BMW 9 November 21st 04 09:22 PM