Replacing 97 SC2 Thermostat

Old November 30th 08, 06:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
jimhigh66

Default Replacing 97 SC2 Thermostat

I noted my daughters '97 SCII 4 Cyl temp is just barely getting up to the
1/4 mark (and not putting out a lot of heat) & I suspect the thermostat
needs to be replaced. Can someone tell me where it's located on that car?

By the way, I just replaced the original front rotors and pads at 181K
miles. Thanks. Jim H.

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/...makers.saturn/
More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

Old December 9th 08, 04:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
navaidstech

Well, I'm not sure how different the 97 is my car but on my 92 Saturn,
the thermostat was mounted on the bottom of the block where the lower
rad hose comes in.
You just need to disconnect the hose, loosen the two bolts and off you
go.
Just be sure you have a pan waiting to catch all the coolant that will
start pouring from the block.

Alex
Old December 14th 08, 04:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
jimhigh66

Tnx. Shortly after the posting someone emailed the info. Yes, it is on
the block INLET (years ago they were always on the outlet). The job is no
picknic because of the air conditioning compressor and a coolant hose being
in the way but I've tackled much harder jobs.

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/...makers.saturn/
More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

Thermostat Q's Cletus[_2_] VW air cooled 5 April 18th 07 05:07 AM
Thermostat replacing mrkcas Ford Explorer 1 March 2nd 07 10:49 PM
Thermostat Randall Brink VW air cooled 6 February 8th 05 03:02 AM
Thermostat Randall Brink VW air cooled 23 February 6th 05 04:31 PM
thermostat rod paul horvath VW air cooled 1 November 28th 04 05:01 PM