the blinkin' air bag light...

Old August 29th 04, 03:35 PM
David

Default the blinkin' air bag light...

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 19:09:26 -0500, "Chris D'Agnolo"
> wrote:

>It's not as silly a question as it sounds. I too have a blinking air bag
>light. I know that there is a fault detected but what I don't know is if it
>is still functional. At this point it's best to assume it does not work. I'm
>also wondering if, in TX, this will cause a car to fail safety inspection.
>Before you gaff in horror, thinking that this is what safety inspections are
>all about! Let me just mention that my 96 Accord couldn't be passed untill I
>replaced the coil which had a fault in the sender that sent the engine speed
>to the tach. Tell me that is SAFETY RELATED!
>
>Chris
>92BB&T

The answer to the TX question is NO, it will not fail a safety
inspection. They will point it out to you in case who haven't seen
the damn thing flashing all of this time.

They will fail you if your seat belt is starting to fray.

David
91Blue 216000 miles