No power, rough idle

Old September 23rd 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Bob Shuman

Default No power, rough idle

The key point in Bla's advice (lots of good stuff, but didn't want this to
get lost since it is very important) here is to clean the corrosion off the
ignition tower. This is most likely what is causing your rough idle. Also
make sure all grounds cables are clean and tight as well.

Good luck.

Bob

Old October 24th 06, 02:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Roy[_1_]

Got the miss fixed. It was the ignition coil. Found what was probably the
cause of the failure or at least contributed to it. Somebody worked on it
before I bought it and snapped off the bottom bolt on the passenger side. IT
is in there fairly tight using just the upper bolt but does anybody know of
an easy way to get the broken bolt out so I can get a new bolt in to secure
it properly.

Old October 27th 06, 10:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
NapalmHeart

broken screw extractor?

Old October 28th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Roy[_1_]

Kind of a tight spot to get into with any kind of power tools. I was just
hoping somebody had taken one out and knew a trick.