aura HVAC fan replacement.

Old September 6th 11, 07:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Shawn

Default aura HVAC fan replacement.

Hello everyone. I've got an '07 Saturn Aura XR. Recently the HVAC
fan has stopped working reliably. I've decided to try and replace it
myself as opposed to spending $$$ at the shop. I've removed the
passenger side "cover" so that I've got a clear view of the HVAC fan
motor housing. I can clearly see where the wiring harness comes into
the motor. It looks like there should be screws or clips holding the
blower motor assembly in position. However, I can't see how it is
attached. It's frustrating me because it looks like it should be
pretty simple and I'm convinced that I'm missing something fairly
obvious.

I tried finding a repair manual that outlines the procedure and
possibly has pictures but I can't seem to find either a Haynes or
Chilton manual that deals specifically with the Aura.

Can anyone provide any advice on how to go about changing out this
motor? Thanks in advance!
Old September 10th 11, 03:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_7_]

"Shawn" > wrote in message
> Hello everyone. I've got an '07 Saturn Aura XR. Recently the HVAC
> fan has stopped working reliably. I've decided to try and replace it
> myself as opposed to spending $$$ at the shop. I've removed the
> passenger side "cover" so that I've got a clear view of the HVAC fan
> motor housing. I can clearly see where the wiring harness comes into
> the motor. It looks like there should be screws or clips holding the
> blower motor assembly in position. However, I can't see how it is
> attached. It's frustrating me because it looks like it should be
> pretty simple and I'm convinced that I'm missing something fairly
> obvious.
>
> I tried finding a repair manual that outlines the procedure and
> possibly has pictures but I can't seem to find either a Haynes or
> Chilton manual that deals specifically with the Aura.
>
> Can anyone provide any advice on how to go about changing out this
> motor? Thanks in advance!

Get the factory shop manual directly through Helm Inc. Best $135 you will
ever spend. I have the manual for my L300. Data's sometimes a bit hard to
find but it's all there. Probably better (searchable) when on DVD that the
dealers use. For us auto owners though, $400 is a bit rich.

You can also get data by subscription.
http://www.alldatadiy.com/ I've heard good things about them.

Old September 10th 11, 03:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_7_]

Another DUH moment when I forgot to include the Helm link
"http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.asp?Style=helm&Mfg=GMC&Make=SAT&Model=AURA& Year=2007&Category=&Keyword=&Module=&selected%5Fme dia="

HVAC Fan speed control fixed John Robert Jeep 2 June 9th 06 01:21 PM
Wrangler HVAC Fan willy Jeep 6 May 15th 05 03:29 PM
'03 Ion HVAC fan problem Biker Geek Saturn 4 October 5th 04 04:17 AM