engine doesnt turn over - headlights work, turn signals dont

Old January 17th 07, 06:25 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
xekushion

Default engine doesnt turn over - headlights work, turn signals dont

ok, i have a 97-98 dodge stratus, and this evening upon taking my
leave from work I go to start my car to leave, and at first the key
would turn in the ignition, but the engine would not turn... i kept
trying and eventually the engine turned and revved up for half a
second only to shut off again, this time taking out my cd player,
heater, turn signals and windshield wipers..

basically all i have left is my headlights, dashboard and interior
lights..

some people are thinking it was a starter problem, or perhaps the
ignition switch...

anybody have any ideas? anything is helpful
- gary

Articles individually verified to usenet standards. Visit URL to contact author/report abuse
Thread archive: http://www.AutoBoardz.com/engine-doe...ict203691.html

Old January 18th 07, 11:25 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
xekushion

okay - ignition switch was changed and that wasn’t the problem.
battery has been ruled out... and it’s stumped 4 garages and now we’re
consulting the dodge dealer...

Old February 21st 07, 05:35 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Me[_4_]

xekushion wrote:
> ok, i have a 97-98 dodge stratus, and this evening upon taking my
> leave from work I go to start my car to leave, and at first the key
> would turn in the ignition, but the engine would not turn... i kept
> trying and eventually the engine turned and revved up for half a
> second only to shut off again, this time taking out my cd player,
> heater, turn signals and windshield wipers..
>
> basically all i have left is my headlights, dashboard and interior
> lights..
>
> some people are thinking it was a starter problem, or perhaps the
> ignition switch...
>
> anybody have any ideas? anything is helpful
> - gary

Sounds like a bad ground between the battery and engine. When you
started the engine the other ground connections could not handle the
current and got fried.

Gyz