pistons

Old October 13th 05, 01:29 AM
stanger

Default pistons

can anyone tell me if i have forged pistons? i have an 89 gt 5.0
,auto. im getting ready to install nitrous and it was brought to my
attention that certain years did not have forged pistons and forged
are better if your running nitrous,so if anyone knows let me know
thanks....

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Ford-Musta...ict141945.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=686250
Old October 13th 05, 02:10 AM
Gill

stanger wrote:
> can anyone tell me if i have forged pistons? i have an 89 gt 5.0
> ,auto. im getting ready to install nitrous and it was brought to my
> attention that certain years did not have forged pistons and forged
> are better if your running nitrous,so if anyone knows let me know
> thanks....

It says here that the Hypereutectic pistons replaced the forged TRW
aluminum pistons in 1993.
http://www.mustanggt.org/gtchange.htm

--
Tropic Green Y2K 5 Speed Mustang GT
With Bits and Pieces
Old October 13th 05, 04:30 AM
WindsorFox[SS]

stanger wrote:
> can anyone tell me if i have forged pistons? i have an 89 gt 5.0
> ,auto. im getting ready to install nitrous and it was brought to my
> attention that certain years did not have forged pistons and forged
> are better if your running nitrous,so if anyone knows let me know
> thanks....

It should in 89. Midway 92 changed to hyper and all 93s. In 92 some
had a black oil pan and the others had either blue or grey. I don't
remember which was which though.

--
You couldn't recognize a "fact" even
if it took a crap on your face. - Michael Johnson, PE
Old October 13th 05, 05:16 AM
2.3Sleeper

I have a 1989 GT and the oil pan is/was grey. It is Ford blue now.

Don Manning

Old October 13th 05, 05:37 AM
Michael Johnson, PE

stanger wrote:
> can anyone tell me if i have forged pistons? i have an 89 gt 5.0
> ,auto. im getting ready to install nitrous and it was brought to my
> attention that certain years did not have forged pistons and forged
> are better if your running nitrous,so if anyone knows let me know
> thanks....

The '89s came from the factory with forged pistons.

caliper pistons Martik Technology 4 August 22nd 05 05:04 PM
High-Voltage Coil Creates Hole in Pistons? 64bird Technology 13 June 16th 05 05:18 AM
Pistons frozen to cylinders in a 1600dp Alex Gilblom VW air cooled 5 March 7th 05 11:02 PM
best make of pistons and heads; 1600cc vs 1641cc Matt S VW air cooled 6 February 17th 05 12:44 AM
Hissing Sound From Bottom of Pistons Kent VW water cooled 2 February 13th 05 07:50 PM