66 Dart cvt world's best collector car

Old October 10th 05, 02:43 PM
edward ohare

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 14:27:44 +0100, Geoff Berrow
> wrote:

>I noticed that Message-ID: >
>from edward ohare contained the following:
>

>>I don't have weight info on the SP250, but the Corvette and Avanti
>>aren't light for their size.

>I have it on authority from someone who had one that they went like the
>proverbial excrement off a digging implement, but that may be apocryphal

Surprisingly, I had two friends who owned these. One still had his
when I knew him. The car certainly should have been relatively peppy.
They said so, but they had mostly been around 4 cyl stuff.

Just don't get too carried away with the idea its a V8 and remember
its only 2.5L, There are frictional issues with a V8 that small,
which, traditionally, is the upper edge of 4 cyl size and lower edge
of 6 cyl size.
Old October 10th 05, 04:17 PM
George Patterson

Mike P wrote:

> We had a Opel GT once at Fort Hood we cut the top off of, and used as a
> jeep.

I had one of those GTs once. Handled like a truck at 55 and drove like a dream
at 85. Better gas mileage at the higher speed, too. Had it up to 120 once.

George Patterson
Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you quarrel with your neighbor.
It makes you shoot at your landlord. And it makes you miss him.
Old October 10th 05, 09:19 PM
Daryl Hunt

"Grumpy AuContraire" > wrote in message
> I had a '77 Gremlin beater back in the 1980's that was pretty quick (2
> barrel 258 straight six) and practical.
>
> JT

That was one of the best 6s made. It was quite competitive in racing in
it's class. Solid bottom end but weak in the head department but let the
head get anywhere near Clifford Research and they can cure that little
problem.

Old October 11th 05, 05:20 AM
redc1c4

Daryl Hunt wrote:

> "Grumpy AuContraire" > wrote in message
> > I had a '77 Gremlin beater back in the 1980's that was pretty quick (2
> > barrel 258 straight six) and practical.
> >
> > JT

> That was one of the best 6s made. It was quite competitive in racing in
> it's class. Solid bottom end but weak in the head department but let the
> head get anywhere near Clifford Research and they can cure that little
> problem.

maybe we should take up a collection and send them yours......

redc1c4,
(but i doubt they can modify a block head. %-)
--
"Enlisted men are stupid, but extremely cunning and sly, and bear
considerable watching."

Army Officer's Guide
Old October 12th 05, 01:29 AM
Grumpy AuContraire

Mike P wrote:

> Grumpy AuContraire wrote:
> > I had a '77 Gremlin beater back in the 1980's that was pretty quick (2
> > barrel 258 straight six) and practical.
> >
> > JT
> >

> We had a Opel GT once at Fort Hood we cut the top off of, and used as a
> jeep. That little four barrel ran like clock work till we hit a skunk. I
> think it's still in Belton Lake where we pushed it.
>
> Mike

Ah.. Belton! I worked there about fourteen years ago and classified it
as the weirdest town on earth. McDonalds always was out of everything
forty five minutes before closing time. I pass through three or four
times a year but never stop!

<G>

JT

Old October 12th 05, 01:31 AM
Grumpy AuContraire

Daryl Hunt wrote:

> "Grumpy AuContraire" > wrote in message
> > I had a '77 Gremlin beater back in the 1980's that was pretty quick (2
> > barrel 258 straight six) and practical.
> >
> > JT

> That was one of the best 6s made. It was quite competitive in racing in
> it's class. Solid bottom end but weak in the head department but let the
> head get anywhere near Clifford Research and they can cure that little
> problem.

I had a bent pushrod in it and if I used any oil thicker than 10-40, it
would fall out of position... Still, I liked that little car as it was
practical but not all that economical. (About 18 mpg at best).

JT
Old October 12th 05, 02:13 AM
Mike P

Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

> Mike P wrote:
>
>>Grumpy AuContraire wrote:
>>
>>>I had a '77 Gremlin beater back in the 1980's that was pretty quick (2
>>>barrel 258 straight six) and practical.
>>>
>>>JT
>>>

>>We had a Opel GT once at Fort Hood we cut the top off of, and used as a
>>jeep. That little four barrel ran like clock work till we hit a skunk. I
>>think it's still in Belton Lake where we pushed it.
>>
>>Mike
>>

> Ah.. Belton! I worked there about fourteen years ago and classified it
> as the weirdest town on earth. McDonalds always was out of everything
> forty five minutes before closing time. I pass through three or four
> times a year but never stop!
>
> <G>
>
> JT

I worked horses there on weekends, and brand/dipped cattle for extra
money. When I wasn't hunting or fishing. We rented a house in Nolanville
from Mac Davis. His Uncle lived next door to us, and owned the stables
where we keep our horses. That was in the late 70's. Prob. grown up a
lot now.

Mike

Old December 4th 05, 04:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,us.config,rec.autos.antique

Default 66 Dart cvt world's best collector car

"Enlisted men are stupid, but extremely cunning and sly, and bear
considerable watching."

Army Officer's Guide

-------------------------

Just wondering who's army and circa when?
Context is everything

Old December 4th 05, 04:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,us.config,rec.autos.antique

MC1 wrote:

> Just wondering who's army and circa when?

U.S., ca 1894.

George Patterson
Coffee is only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to
your slightly older self.
Old December 4th 05, 08:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,us.config,rec.autos.antique

I have a 65 Dart 4 dr to sell. Has good strong engine with push button
auto trans.Located in So Calif. No title selling all or parts.
http://cmbtow.com
Chuck