small hole in plastic window

Old July 19th 05, 04:01 AM

Default small hole in plastic window

My wife's Miata got a small hole (poked with a ski pole) in the plastic
window. We are planning to sell the car in August, and would not want
the embarrasment; the car is otherwise in mint condition. What's the
cheapest way of fixing it (say, within $300)?

Old July 19th 05, 05:58 PM

Thank you, Lanny! I'll give it a try.

Old July 21st 05, 12:00 AM
Christopher Muto

someone sells a window repair kit on ebay for $39 and $49 plus $10 shipping
(go figure, the same guys sells seemingly the same thing in two auctions
with two prices). if you like doing projects then you might want to tackle
this one.

on the other hand, i recently installed a cloth top with glass window with
the help of a good friend. aside from the incredible difficulty of clothing
it for the first time it was easy to do, but took quite a while (8 hours
including lunch and snack breaks and waiting for silicon to dry on a rain
rail repair). i should have purchase a new rail rain for the $110 or so
extra as it would have spared us from the work of cleaning up the old one
and waiting for it to dry. the top cost under $500 and makes the car look
so much better than the stock vinyl top. we did the modification that
allows for the top to fold without unzipping the window yet the top has a
zippered window so it looks like stock (i don't find the one piece tops to
be attractive so i paid for the zippered version though i won't be using
that feature).

best of luck.

oups.com...

Old July 21st 05, 12:02 AM
Christopher Muto

"clothing it" should read "closing it"

Old July 28th 05, 01:08 AM
Armon Tanzerian

and "silicon" should be "silicone " , "purchase" should be "purchased"

newsKADe.10590$SZ3.5017@trndny02...

Old July 28th 05, 03:01 AM
Christopher Muto

thanks. nice to know that someone actually reads my posts.

Old July 28th 05, 01:44 PM
pws

Christopher Muto wrote:
> thanks. nice to know that someone actually reads my posts.

Don't worry, people are still reading my drivel after 5+ years. There
will always be people reading your posts here. Lanhy and Leon (and
others) were here long before me and will probably be here forever. :-)

Pat
Old July 28th 05, 01:46 PM
pws

pws wrote:
> Christopher Muto wrote:
>
>> thanks. nice to know that someone actually reads my posts.

> Don't worry, people are still reading my drivel after 5+ years. There
> will always be people reading your posts here. Lanhy and Leon (and
> others) were here long before me and will probably be here forever. :-)
>
> Pat

Errr.... make that Lanny, not Lanhy.

pat
Old July 28th 05, 05:11 PM
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
pws > wrote:

> > Lanhy and Leon (and
> > others) were here long before me and will probably be here forever. :-)

> Errr.... make that Lanny, not Lanhy.

Both Lanny and Lanhy are indeed immortal. Dunno about Leon.

---
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis

Small hole in gas tank filler pipe. Denny B Technology 5 April 28th 05 04:30 AM
Rear window plastic Don Benton Mazda 1 December 22nd 04 07:18 PM
69 qtr window seal fastback Ford Mustang 1 November 20th 04 01:52 AM
2000 Cabrio Driver's Window Weatherstripping Question Jose R. Perez VW water cooled 0 October 21st 04 03:32 AM
Best way to remove plastic window stickers from glass? Joe Blo General 5 February 5th 04 09:26 PM