Richard Burns Racing LIVES!!

Old April 1st 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default Richard Burns Racing LIVES!!

From Blackhole Motorsports(somebody tell them the BLUE links are almost
impossible to read!!!)

RBR Source Code Aquired by Sim Racers [01-04-2006 | JZ | Comments
(25) ]
On friday march 31 the the source code for richard burns rally was aquired
by the swedish sim racers foundation.

The source code was previously owned by Gizmondo Europe Ltd, which was
declared bankrupt earlier this year, and has now been purchased from the
bankruptcy estate. The price of the sale was undisclosed. President of the
SSRF, Nicklas Karlsson says, in a statement that "When we read about the
bankruptcy of Gizmondo, we felt that this was a great opportunity to aquire
the source code for the RBR project, and make it available to sim racers
all over the world". According to the statement
Kangaroo, the track editor used to create the tracks for RBR, will be the
first application to be released. Later on the whole source code for RBR
will be made availabe to the public, but not before the physics component
has been replaced. Nicklas Karlsson continues "RBR is very highly regarded
in the sim community, however some aspects of the code are not up to the
standards of the newly released sims, this is why we have chosen to replace
the physics component.

There is a forum discussion about this at Blackhole.

dave henrie
Old April 1st 06, 04:33 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

>> RBR Source Code Aquired by Sim Racers [01-04-2006 | JZ | Comments
>> (25) ]
>> On friday march 31 the the source code for richard burns rally was
>> aquired
>> by the swedish sim racers foundation.
>>

> Ooorski booorski boork boork booork left.
>
> Ooorski booorski boork boork boooork right.

ROFL !
Very witty, Wilde.

Old April 1st 06, 06:42 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Dave Henrie wrote:
> RBR Source Code Aquired by Sim Racers [01-04-2006 | JZ | Comments
> (25) ]

If this is an April 1st joke there will be f&($ing murders .

Great news!
Kendt

Old April 1st 06, 07:39 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Aw hell - I usually just stay off the forums and usenet for the 1st and
2nd to let the crap die down.
Apparently the original story says they're replacing the physics with
Colin McRae Rally's...

Move along - nothing to see here...
Kendt