If Mercedes 560SEC are so rare, why are so many for sale?

Old February 4th 05, 11:38 PM
Mr. DOS

Default If Mercedes 560SEC are so rare, why are so many for sale?

I like the looks and have heard lots of good things about the Mercedes
560SEC. But with such a limited production run, if they are truly
"keepers," why is the used car market flooded with them?
There are at least 5 on eBay right now.

Thanks for your comments!

Old February 5th 05, 03:56 PM
Mike Romain

No one can afford to fix em?

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old February 6th 05, 11:28 AM
E Brown

On 4 Feb 2005 14:38:17 -0800, "Mr. DOS" > wrote:

>I like the looks and have heard lots of good things about the Mercedes
>560SEC. But with such a limited production run, if they are truly
>"keepers," why is the used car market flooded with them?
>There are at least 5 on eBay right now.

There's rare and there's rare. I think the Pebble Beach Concourse
d' Elegance only allows models with less than 200 examples made.
Comparatively, anything from a major company is produced in high
volume.
Also, in the case of high-end hardware, part of the appeal lies in
the posing - once the car starts looking too old, you have to upgrade
or risk being out of style. Another 10 years, it'll be desirable as a
classic.
Emanuel
--
1983 Porsche 911 Guards Red/Black
1983 Porsche 944 Guards Red/Black
Old February 6th 05, 01:43 PM
Ralf Ballis

They have a really nice look and at this times it was a dream car for me!
This car was in 80's a series fabrication type and a few company's like
Lorinsa, AMC, etc. starts to purify them.
Technical aspects are they build in this car Mercedes common engines,
transmissions and parts from this times at this car.
Maintenances and spare parts at Mercedes aren't cheap but for in fulfilled a
dream maybe it can't be enough.

Regards,

Ralf
--