MY '95 SATURN WAS STOLEN

Old May 23rd 05, 12:27 PM
Elaine again ^,,^

Default MY '95 SATURN WAS STOLEN

FRIDAY. THANK GOODNESS I JUST BOUGHT THEFT INSURANCE LAST MONTH. BOO HOO

Old May 23rd 05, 02:14 PM
B. Peg

> "Elaine wrote:
> FRIDAY. THANK GOODNESS I JUST BOUGHT THEFT INSURANCE LAST MONTH. BOO HOO

Sorry about your loss. However, I dropped mine as the deductible was $500
and the car was only worth $500 for a trade-in. The extra $150 premium I
was just giving away to the insurance company.

B~

Old May 23rd 05, 03:25 PM
Oppie

First somebody puts antifreeze in your gas tank prompting a bunch of
problems with the fuel pump... now this.
Got to wonder if you live in a high crime area or if you just ****ed off the
wrong person? Just bought theft insurance too then your car gets stolen. Be
prepared to justify that to the investigators. (I'm trying to be
non-judgmental here)

Old May 23rd 05, 04:42 PM
Elaine again ^,,^

When I moved to this neighborhood 18 yrs ago it was all white, now it's
all black. It does look suspicious I admit but I'm a senior and I try to
keep expenses as low as possible so I bought the minimum car insurance.
After the anti-freeze incident I though I'd better buy theft insurance
since I have no money to another car. Either my neighbors hate me or my
cats. I have no deductible. I hope the next Saturn doesn't have a
streaky windshield. I do believe they are made of some kind of plastic,
glass doesn't streek like that.

Old May 23rd 05, 08:42 PM
Oppie

It's very disconcerting when you feel your 'space' is not safe or respected
by others. Sorry if I came off a bit harsh.
Have you investigated if there is a neighborhood watch in your area?

afik all windshields are safety glass. that is two layers of glass with a
plastic film in-between. Only airplanes (and few at that) have Plexiglas
windshields.

Old May 25th 05, 12:38 AM
Elaine again ^,,^

There's no neighborhood watch here. Another car was stolen in this
complex early this morning. It wasn't my thief, he's in custody, found
in my car. I went to Anchor Towing to look at my beloved Saturn and I
didn't like it anymore. Filthy in and out. I won't take it, I see
there's 2 '96 Saturn SL2 for sale in the same place I got mine. They're
$2,000 mileage 90,000 on one and 104 on the other. i will go lookat them
soon. I HOPE THE SEATS ARE HIGHER ON THE '96, i SIT NEAR THE FLOOR ON
THE '95'S.

Old May 26th 05, 11:01 PM
Elaine again ^,,^

I signed over my Saturn to State Farm and they will take it and see if
it can be "repaired". I hope they total it even though I don't see any
damage, only to my pride. They will let me know in afew days.