dealing with tail-gaiters?

Old December 31st 04, 05:06 AM
Shawn Hearn

In article .com>,
wrote:

> besides the obvious, speeding up to the speed the tail-gaiter want you
> to go at, is there anything else you can do to stop their annoying
> behaviour?
>
> I have tried driving extra slow and speeding up when they try to pass,
> but that just annoys them more. sometimes i wonder what they would
> happen if I had a beat up car and just decided to slam on my brakes??

Get out of their way.
Old December 31st 04, 05:16 AM
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:

> I've already explained this months ago. Carry some rocks or marble to
> toss out the window and into their windshield. Tailgaters are
> murderers and you've got a right to defend yourself.

The 'tailgaiter' might just be an unmarked patrol car trying to get a
close look at you and figure out why you are driving so erratically.

--
Paul Hovnanian
The large print giveth and the small print taketh away.
Old December 31st 04, 05:16 AM
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Old December 31st 04, 05:38 AM

That doesn't stop them from tailgating. I'd *love* to see you toss some
rocks or marbles onto a cop car. Of course, everyone knows you're all
talk and no action, so again you're just spewing more crap out of your
pie hole.

Old December 31st 04, 06:01 AM
Paul

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> besides the obvious, speeding up to the speed the tail-gaiter want you
> to go at, is there anything else you can do to stop their annoying
> behaviour?

Try driving with the flow of traffic.

> I have tried driving extra slow and speeding up when they try to pass,
> but that just annoys them more.

In the first place, why don't you wait untill the other driver has
passed before you speed up?? Nothing annoys me more than some sloth
moron who suddenly becomes Jeff Gordon when I move to pass him

> sometimes i wonder what they would
> happen if I had a beat up car and just decided to slam on my brakes??

I guess you like getting your ass sued off.

Old December 31st 04, 06:01 AM
Paul

oups.com...

Old December 31st 04, 06:35 AM
gpsman

The best way I've found to deal with people who follow too closely is
to tap the brake and flash the brake lights. Should they not get the
hint... a few seconds later I move a little to the right and throw any
road debris into their windshield. This usually works.

If not, I vary my speed, slowing a little for a few seconds then
resuming the pace of the traffic in my lane. Repeat as necessary.
Impatient drivers are driven to distraction by this tactic and always
pass. If not, I eventually slow to the speed where their following
distance is not a hazard to my safety. Nobody is willing to go as slow
as I am... and they always pass.

I assume responsibility for *my* safety, that's my requisite. Other
drivers can assume what I deem is *their* responsibility for their own
safety, just as I do. Or, alternatively, they can go **** themselves.
-
And I don't care which they choose...
-
- gpsman

Old December 31st 04, 06:38 AM
Paul

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." > wrote in message
> Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> >
> > I've already explained this months ago. Carry some rocks or marble

> > toss out the window and into their windshield. Tailgaters are
> > murderers and you've got a right to defend yourself.

> The 'tailgaiter' might just be an unmarked patrol car trying to get a
> close look at you and figure out why you are driving so erratically.

I hope that tailgater is a cop and our resident troll judy moron does
toss a marble or two at him. And I hope it a cop in one of our rural
counties here in the south which have lots and lots of beautiful
unpopulated swamp-land and hungry alligators...